WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Some days I wish I had a commute that I could drive to. But on the other hand, when 99 keeps talking about driving in Downtown LA traffic, I'm glad I don't have a driving commute.

G4 Approved

I drove in NY in rush hour traffic... I'd prefer not to do that again... I also drove in LA traffic... not fun.

Then there's Toronto traffic and Brisbane traffic, probably not as bad as the two above but nothing great either.

London traffic is not something I need to worry about but yes I've driven in that as well.

Driving to work is fine when traffic isn't that bad. My commute is long but typically the traffic isn't that bad. So I don't mind it too much plus the country side is pretty.

My commute is only about 12 minutes, it's the extra curricular activity driving that kills me...

That would be fun...on my commute I'd probably get a ticket.
I'm kind of fortunate that where I work is the opposite direction of where everyone else is heading in the morning. Everyone else is heading towards downtown Jax, FL., and I pretty much have the southbound all to myself heading out to the outskirts. Northbound traffic is usually backed up.. me, I'm flying south about 10mph over the speed limit most days... there are speed traps sometimes though, but I know where they are... and most of them know who I am ;)

I've been pulled over twice this year already. Got away with a warning both times. No tickets so far (knock on wood!)

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

My ultra short and quick micro mini review of the SE. It's just way too small, I think the 4.7" size is screen is the optimal size for the iPhone. So this one is off to the resale market.
I totally with you on the size. On any phone really! My GF will argue with us on that though... she's a firm believer on the 5S/SE size being best. I guess for one handed use it is... but most of us have two hands!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

At least you're stacking some paper...even if it's not the $$$ kind...

G4 Approved

Yeah that pile has been growing for quite a few years now...even the pile of plaques is getting to be pretty large but eh....actually this course was quite interesting, they had about 4 modules and a couple of live feedback sessions. Done very differently than my prior courses.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Some days I wish I had a commute that I could drive to. But on the other hand, when 99 keeps talking about driving in Downtown LA traffic, I'm glad I don't have a driving commute.

G4 Approved

I don't mind my commute. I only use 2 bus transfers

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

So, I'm looking forward to give the MSFT current best tech a full test drive next week. I'm not sure what to expect, but I'll definitely do a mini-review, comparing the Android + wear setup vs the XL + Band 2 setup. I'll probably still wear my 360 though and just use it as a watch.

G4 Approved

I will be looking foward to that 😀

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

In other news, I can't wait for EVGA (and other makes) to release their version(s) of the newly announced Nvidia GeForce 1080/1070 reference designs. I'm a big fan of EVGA though, I have an EVGA motherboard (X58 SLI) and the GTX 970. I'm sure they'll be releasing a "SSC" version like my 970 (super super clocked) with the dual BIOS switch and enhanced cooling...

I'm more of the Asus line up myself. They have reasonable priced stuff and last a long time 😊

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yeah that pile has been growing for quite a few years now...even the pile of plaques is getting to be pretty large but eh....actually this course was quite interesting, they had about 4 modules and a couple of live feedback sessions. Done very differently than my prior courses.

Nice. Hey, useful trainings and certificates are always welcomed...

G4 Approved

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Cool. How was that for you?

G4 Approved
The only issue I had was typing on a smaller screen, since I got used to a bigger screen. There aren't any significant differences between Lollipop and Marshmallow that affect usability, and all of my apps work on either device.

Nana Toocool

May 10, 2016
Visit site

Hi, i got lumia 521 from US but am in Ghana, when i insert in Ghana simcards it asks me unlock code, where can i get unlock code please?

Nana Toocool

May 10, 2016
Visit site

Hi I have the same problem. I'm in Ghana and I have to unlock my lumia521. can you please give me the email address which u asked t-mobile for the unlock code, please!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Hi I have the same problem. I'm in Ghana and I have to unlock my lumia521. can you please give me the email address which u asked t-mobile for the unlock code, please!

You need to search for it, since you are overseas, they may or may not unlock the device for you. Better to use a third party to unlock the device.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Speaking of which, the new DOOM comes out this Friday!!! Friday the 13th... Muahahaha

I've read some very negative reviews, people were complaining that aiming was too easy, or something like that. But again I've read that even developers themselves didn't manage to complete the game on the maximum difficulty. I think they were reffering to multiplayer, but I might be wrong.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Ah, the good old days...I think my favorite models were the P990, K750, M600 and the K810. K600 was decent, even though the camera wasn't all that, it had style.

G4 Approved

K800 series were marked as phones with best camera back in the days, or am I wrong? Was it called Cybershot?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb