WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I've read some very negative reviews, people were complaining that aiming was too easy, or something like that. But again I've read that even developers themselves didn't manage to complete the game on the maximum difficulty. I think they were reffering to multiplayer, but I might be wrong.

Meh.. I don't read into all those reviews. Most of them are people that have a problem with every game that comes out anyway. I've played the closed multiplayer beta both times that it was up and running and loved every minute of it... plus I'm a huge fan of the series, and any and every game that id software has ever put out... even if John Carmack didn't have a hand in this one, his genius lives on through as he invented the genre, and the engines that these games are built upon. I'm sure much of his original code remains, and gets carried over.

I'll be picking up a copy Friday as asap! Can't wait!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I've got no problems using my 5'' 640 with one hand, and my hands aren't big at all.
Oh I know. I can type with one hand on my big ole 5.5" 6S Plus if I try hard enough! lol (that new Microsoft keyboard helps!)

I was just saying, the 4" small sized phones are the favorite size for a lot of people. Most claiming the ease of one handed typing. Me.. I don't mind using two hands to get the job done... heck, I can sure type a lot faster with two hands anyway.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Oh I know. I can type with one hand on my big ole 5.5" 6S Plus if I try hard enough! lol (that new Microsoft keyboard helps!)

I was just saying, the 4" small sized phones are the favorite size for a lot of people. Most claiming the ease of one handed typing. Me.. I don't mind using two hands to get the job done... heck, I can sure type a lot faster with two hands anyway.

Some like the smaller size, which is find. I guess it is about having options for people. I used to like that small form factor back in the days, but I'm long gone past that.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

True. This version does carry the "BETA" tag...

Here's my quick thoughts after giving Forza Motorsport 6 Apex BETA a spin on my Win10 gaming rig:

I will say that Xbox users/owners must not have a very big selection of racing games (I have no idea.. Haven't had a console since the Super Nintendo), because I'm not seeing the big deal about "Forza" coming to PC... I mean, sure, it looks great graphically and it runs nice and smooth and everything as far as the "driving mechanics" go, but so do the many other racing games on PC. We've already got a ton of top notch, triple A racing titles that are way more elaborate graphically, and with the way you can "performance tune" the cars (modifying everything from the suspension, to the engine and drivetrain).

Hopefully, the finished product will add more features like this. Also, with this being still in BETA, there's a limited number of cars and tracks included in the game. I'm sure that will change with the full release.

For now, I'm going to say that until they add these things (and steering wheel controller support), this looks like a simple "console port" to PC. Yes it's fun, and looks fantastic if you've got the PC hardware to crank up the graphic settings, but there's other racing games on PC that are (if I could sum it up in one word) better!

On forza 5 you got so many options to customize and change your car from the simple tire change to chamber the tires to gear ratio and more. I hope the forza on Pc gains all that

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

On forza 5 you got so many options to customize and change your car from the simple tire change to chamber the tires to gear ratio and more. I hope the forza on Pc gains all that
Me too! Yeah, stuff like that are what PC gamers are used to with racing games.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Some like the smaller size, which is find. I guess it is about having options for people. I used to like that small form factor back in the days, but I'm long gone past that.

Me as well... Once I "went big" with the 1520, and now the 6S Plus, I could never go back to the small phones.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I slightly disagree.

Chicago has stepped up their skyscraper game and is now #2 in the US behind NYC. Wiki says glbally Hong Kong and NYC are top 2, with Dubai, Shanghai and Tokyo in the top 6. While some of the places on your list are adding these at a phenomenal rate, NYC is still near the top of the list (Hong Kong is killing it too).

The definitions can change a lot, but when tourists come to NYC and get wide-eyed at the tall buildings, there's a legitimate reason why.

Sahib, you got to get out of Orland for a little while...come to NYC and get a local girl to show you around and play some serious b?isbol behind closed doors...

G4 Approved
In Australia people walk around looking at the ground to avoid stepping on snakes. In Manhattan they do it because they gave up trying to see the sky...

It is the one thing that strikes you when going to NYC. Everything is up.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. So the experiment begins...I'm back on Windows phone for the next 5 days...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It's been pretty much non stop rain all day so far.... I'm at work so I don't care but it makes driving a pain... Though there were less white trades vans on the road this morning!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss