WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

The thread has really slowed down. I remember when Sahib used to go on a spree and we'd hit like 150-200 posts a day...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The thread has really slowed down. I remember when Sahib used to go on a spree and we'd hit like 150-200 posts a day...

I'm both busy and bored...

Thing is there's no 'morning' crew for the EU any more. So that slows things down as well.

As the weather gets nicer I expect this thing will stall even more.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

It's been pretty much non stop rain all day so far.... I'm at work so I don't care but it makes driving a pain... Though there were less white trades vans on the road this morning!

I'd like some rain here.its going to reach 90F here o_O

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

To talk about music for a moment, again...

I, oddly enough, heard some Iron Maiden on the radio (yes they actually play Maiden on the radio in the UK).

Anyway, I heard two songs, one was Number of the Beast and I noticed that it totally lacked any bass whatsoever. It was almost tinny sounding. If you listen to Metallica they had a similar problem before their Black album.

I was wondering if it was because of ignorance or purpose as in 'creating a sound' of the 80s metal era.

Anyway, next song I head was Can I Play with Madness. Aside from being the first concert I saw from Iron Maiden, I noticed this song was much richer in sound over all. Base was evident and I was pretty sure that all the concerts I went to sounded pretty good so I'm guessing they sorted the other songs out when live.

Very interesting though. I wonder what the issue was with base though. You don't really think about it until it's missing and you can tell it's missing.

Hey Rue, I saw this post the other day while I was at work and didn't have time to engage.

Pretty cool that they're playing Maiden on the radio! Anyway, you're right, the original mixes of those old songs didn't have all that much bass back then. Remember this was well before the whole "sub woofer" thing started around the 90's. That's why a lot of albums got remastered to take advantage of the expanded frequency range of more modern audio equipment.

I remember back in the 80's people were more concerned with having the best 6x9 speakers in their cars for the punchy mid-range. They didn't have these big bass boxes that you see today. Of course hearing the live music, you get the full range, but the recordings were mostly aimed toward what they could reproduce on the mass consumer's audio equipment.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

According to the recent figures on WP you'll be a rarity... :p

I just saw. I'm not surprised really. I like that on WP I'm not on my phone a lot,but I dislike on WP some of the stuff I use I cannot do so.

It's a matter of how much of this stuff do you really want to put up with. Potential doesn't help me complete my daily tasks...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12