WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

With no Nadi, no blunt bus, no tri tip yes you do contribute more since there are less FIM (foot in mouth) opportunities.

But I think Sahib will be the first to tell you his foot tastes like tri tip from those days it was regularly affixed in his oral orifice...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Hey Rue, I saw this post the other day while I was at work and didn't have time to engage.

Pretty cool that they're playing Maiden on the radio! Anyway, you're right, the original mixes of those old songs didn't have all that much bass back then. Remember this was well before the whole "sub woofer" thing started around the 90's. That's why a lot of albums got remastered to take advantage of the expanded frequency range of more modern audio equipment.

I remember back in the 80's people were more concerned with having the best 6x9 speakers in their cars for the punchy mid-range. They didn't have these big bass boxes that you see today. Of course hearing the live music, you get the full range, but the recordings were mostly aimed toward what they could reproduce on the mass consumer's audio equipment.

I can barely remember last month let alone 1982... :p

I didn't start listening to Iron Maiden until the Powerslave album and then Somewhere In Time.

I'm guessing recording equipment got better and the idea of bass became more obvious, except to Metallica, so that's probably what happened.

They should go back and remaster those older albums. The sound on them is pretty horrid. Sounds like they're playing in a can.

The first album I ever heard on CD was Dire Straits Brother in Arms, one of the first digital albums. That had some pretty amazing sound on it for the time and the bass was very good.

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I just saw. I'm not surprised really. I like that on WP I'm not on my phone a lot,but I dislike on WP some of the stuff I use I cannot do so.

It's a matter of how much of this stuff do you really want to put up with. Potential doesn't help me complete my daily tasks...

I remember when my wife still had a WP and how it drove me a little crazy from time to time with doing some simple tasks this was before W10. It also drove me a little crazy when I first got it with the way it did things. I eventually got used to it but I don't miss any of that now and I think even though there's occasional hiccups with the wife's Sony (I think it needs a good clean install) I don't think she's going back to Windows at this moment with all the apps she uses no being on Windows.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So do I, but we're surely on a downswing in the mornings as Rue doesn't like to talk to himself...

It is a bit dull. :p

I can only ruminate for so long. I have to admit life hasn't exactly been all that exciting lately. I haven't been up to much except the house and work.

My holiday can't come quick enough...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I have to admit to not liking syrups in coffee. I'm a purest snob about coffee but I'm ok with that. :p

I was too but then I decided to try the French Vanilla creamer so that I do not have to add half and half and sugar to my coffee anymore. It has been really tough trying to lose weight...I am finally on track. I only need to lose about 5 lbs...I still fit in my pants from 16 years ago:)

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

SE is a good get for iFruit folks who like a smaller device. So once you priced it right, it was bound to sell quickly...

Priced right is a slight misnomer....fair is more like it. But these days on Swappa fair means someone will low ball you by at least 20%. There was a guy who offered 25% less and was telling me why I should sell it to him at that price. I asked Swappa staff to remove his comments instead of engaging with him. There were 10 other listings he could go and troll, I wasn't interested.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

So do I, but we're surely on a downswing in the mornings as Rue doesn't like to talk to himself...

Actually the thread has been moving along a tad bit better than a month or two ago...but come summer, it is going to be interesting, that is for sure.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I can only ruminate for so long. I have to admit life hasn't exactly been all that exciting lately. I haven't been up to much except the house and work.

Rue and ruminate....that's a good rhyme.
You did post some nice pics a few days back.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Rue and ruminate....that's a good rhyme.
You did post some nice pics a few days back.

Yeah but that's London. LOL! Funny how I put it that way. I've been there so many times now. In nice weather it's lovely though.

I need a vacation though. Time away from this place and the house to reflect on things.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Yeah but that's London. LOL! Funny how I put it that way. I've been there so many times now. In nice weather it's lovely though.

I need a vacation though. Time away from this place and the house to reflect on things.

Same here, I need a vacation. Last good break was in July when we went to Oregon. Thinking of either Victoria, Canada or someplace in Mexico. Slight chance of Seattle as well. My kid is clamoring to go to Sweden...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I remember when my wife still had a WP and how it drove me a little crazy from time to time with doing some simple tasks this was before W10. It also drove me a little crazy when I first got it with the way it did things. I eventually got used to it but I don't miss any of that now and I think even though there's occasional hiccups with the wife's Sony (I think it needs a good clean install) I don't think she's going back to Windows at this moment with all the apps she uses no being on Windows.

I got the XL because at least for the next two years msft will support it (and the price was outrageously good).I enjoyed the m8 but once that got killed off, it was back to the same old "if it isn't a lumia it wont get support" kinda deal.

I think the roughest adjustment so far has been been with the band 2. For all the flaws that Android wear has, for someone like me it works really seamlessly for what I want it do. I find I'm tapping around a lot more on the Band 2 than I am with Wear. Early days yet though...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Looking forward to going down to south NJ for memorial weekend. I need to figure out when the GF and I are going there for us (we're visiting her mom for memorial weekend). I've been overdue for a vacation...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Priced right is a slight misnomer....fair is more like it. But these days on Swappa fair means someone will low ball you by at least 20%. There was a guy who offered 25% less and was telling me why I should sell it to him at that price. I asked Swappa staff to remove his comments instead of engaging with him. There were 10 other listings he could go and troll, I wasn't interested.

I saw the drama. It did sell quickly though...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon