WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I'm not trying to be negative, but I was so surprised, and not in a good way. I think I'm going to stop my experiment and give the XL more time in terms of software. I like the hardware and unless in certain situations I'd sell the phone, but I would have gotten into a fight with Nadella fall of last year when the XL came out.

G4 Approved
If you posted this anywhere else on this forum you'd have a bunch of people telling you to hard reset and a bunch of others quipping how great their battery life is...

Then there would be others telling you the next build will fix everything...

Seems like nothing has changed on WP...

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Dang MIA, sorry to hear about your experience with the XL. Can't say I'm surprised that it wasn't completely smooth sailing though.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

If you posted this anywhere else on this forum you'd have a bunch of people telling you to hard reset and a bunch of others quipping how great their battery life is...

True.. Makes me wonder though...

Hey MIA, what build are you running on the XL? Latest Production?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I was too but then I decided to try the French Vanilla creamer so that I do not have to add half and half and sugar to my coffee anymore. It has been really tough trying to lose weight...I am finally on track. I only need to lose about 5 lbs...I still fit in my pants from 16 years ago:)
That's great. I need to loose a few kilos.

I need to change my eating habits as well and do more exercise. I just need to finish the house off, get better rest and then start tackling that more. I can make some changes before that of course which will help. It's amazing how lazy one can become when a bit stressed.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Same here, I need a vacation. Last good break was in July when we went to Oregon. Thinking of either Victoria, Canada or someplace in Mexico. Slight chance of Seattle as well. My kid is clamoring to go to Sweden...
I really need to go back to Sweden. We only did a small trip to Stockholm but there's more to see there as with all places.

I'm hoping to make to the Loire valley this year and maybe either Vienna or Budapest. If I'm lucky all three.

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I noticed the comments about production of music earlier. I believe that many of the earlier albums were produced based upon where they were "designed" to be played.

I have some music from the 70s that does not lack bass, but it is music that would have been played primarily on home stereo systems, even back then. The only 70s radio stations that would have played it would have been freeform radio stations, due to the length of the songs.

I believe that albums and/or songs "designed" to be played regular radio stations in the 70s/early 80s were mastered with less bass for car radios. The songs/albums "designed" for hi-fi stereo systems were produced/mastered with more bass in the mix.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Yesterday I got up at 6 a.m., went to school, got an ace, went to nearby city to watch a play at around 3:30 p.m.. We had 3 hours free so I spent that in bars and wandering around. The play started at 8 p.m., finished at 9:40. We got to back to our towm at 10:40, so I went to local pub to kill time till my bus arrives. I got home at 12:10 p.m.
All I can say is that it'll take me some time to get recovered. I spent 17 hours away from home, on foot.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I'd like to say thay the play was worth it, cause it kinda was, it was very good. Maybe my top5.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yesterday I got up at 6 a.m., went to school, got an ace, went to nearby city to watch a play at around 3:30 p.m.. We had 3 hours free so I spent that in bars and wandering around. The play started at 8 p.m., finished at 9:40. We got to back to our towm at 10:40, so I went to local pub to kill time till my bus arrives. I got home at 12:10 p.m.
All I can say is that it'll take me some time to get recovered. I spent 17 hours away from home, on foot.

That's a long day. The only time I have days like that is when I travel somewhere these days. I'm typically away from home for 12 hours a day anyway.

Just FYI... 12 midnight is 12am not pm. 12 pm is noon. I prefer the 24 hour clock. I get some weird satisfaction with 00:00.. LOL!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

That's a long day. The only time I have days like that is when I travel somewhere these days. I'm typically away from home for 12 hours a day anyway.

Just FYI... 12 midnight is 12am not pm. 12 pm is noon. I prefer the 24 hour clock. I get some weird satisfaction with 00:00.. LOL!
I prefer the 24 hour clock, since it works better. There is no confusion with 07:00 and 19:00 when setting an alarm.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Hey Laura, I can't remember did you want one of those pictures I posted? I tried to find your email but I think I misplaced it.

If you're still want them let me know and pm your email and I'll send them to you. I meant to ask earlier but I've been a bit busier than normal.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Hey Laura, I can't remember did you want one of those pictures I posted? I tried to find your email but I think I misplaced it.

If you're still want them let me know and pm your email and I'll send them to you. I meant to ask earlier but I've been a bit busier than normal.
Thanks! I just sent a PM.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I noticed the comments about production of music earlier. I believe that many of the earlier albums were produced based upon where they were "designed" to be played.

I have some music from the 70s that does not lack bass, but it is music that would have been played primarily on home stereo systems, even back then. The only 70s radio stations that would have played it would have been freeform radio stations, due to the length of the songs.

I believe that albums and/or songs "designed" to be played regular radio stations in the 70s/early 80s were mastered with less bass for car radios. The songs/albums "designed" for hi-fi stereo systems were produced/mastered with more bass in the mix.
I bet that music you have from the 70's is on vinyl?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

And I wouldn't have given two ****s as to what the apologists would have said. I'm on the Production line of the Insider program, so I should be getting stuff a little slower but more stable than fast Ring, but not completely as snails place as slow ring.

I'm back on the G4 again today but I'll test the new update out tomorrow. Just very disappointed.

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Dang MIA, sorry to hear about your experience with the XL. Can't say I'm surprised that it wasn't completely smooth sailing though.

Thanks Ed. I didn't expect it to be roses. I've used the M8 before on preview builds and it wasn't horrible. Battery drained a little quick, but that's a 801 processor with a smaller battery. I get that.

With the XL, I get that this is higher res screen with a newer processor. Doze on Android and W10 standby is pretty much equal - the don't drain battery at all.

Still, even with all the issues I thought it would have been better than what it was. And I was mistaken.

G4 Approved

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99