WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Because it was a really long post the system flagged it. I went ahead and approved your review post and deleted the duplicates. Nice work Sahib.

Ah okay at first I though it got deleted or something because the app gave me no indication that it was flagged as spam. Thanks

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Lol it feels like I did a homework assignment . Now I can cross that off my list of things to do . Let my weekend begin

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

My work day is over! Gonna head back there to borrow to see the teens lead their own workshop, but I'm not spending g the whole day there.

Now let's read Sahib's 950 review...

G4 Approved

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Good review Sahib. A couple of suggestions:

1) Don't write this in one super long *** post to avoid the issue where it gets flagged in the system. You could have split this up into 3 long posts (especially since you had screenshots) and it worked just fine.

2) Nice call on the audio. It still is subpar on Windows Phone. The only good audio experience I've heard so far is on the M8, and well...that's understandable.

3) You should do #1 and throw this into the 950 forums. People would appreciate this as it is a really balanced review.

4) Glad you see how much MSFT screwed the pooch by overpricing these. I wanted a 950 for the same reasons as you but I'm keeping this XL as I got it on a killer deal.

All in all, nice review. If you do #3, I'd love to read a pocket now after the buzz style update (a much shorter one of course) in the fall to hear how your 950 is holding up.

G4 Approved

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Good review Sahib. A couple of suggestions:

1) Don't write this in one super long *** post to avoid the issue where it gets flagged in the system. You could have split this up into 3 long posts (especially since you had screenshots) and it worked just fine.

2) Nice call on the audio. It still is subpar on Windows Phone. The only good audio experience I've heard so far is on the M8, and well...that's understandable.

3) You should do #1 and throw this into the 950 forums. People would appreciate this as it is a really balanced review.

4) Glad you see how much MSFT screwed the pooch by overpricing these. I wanted a 950 for the same reasons as you but I'm keeping this XL as I got it on a killer deal.

All in all, nice review. If you do #3, I'd love to read a pocket now after the buzz style update (a much shorter one of course) in the fall to hear how your 950 is holding up.

G4 Approved

I'll post it on the 950 thread and take your advice and break it into separate posts! I'll do a after thy buzz style update. I'll be around 6 months from now

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

G4 Approved
I like the audio on the MXPE.

I do frequently use a FiiO Q1 DAC, the HibyMusic app, and a USB OTG adapter to connect my DAC when I listen to FLAC files with headphones.

Would the 950XL support the audio setup I use?

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I like the audio on the MXPE.

I do frequently use a FiiO Q1 DAC, the HibyMusic app, and a USB OTG adapter to connect my DAC when I listen to FLAC files with headphones.

Would the 950XL support the audio setup I use?

I would of been glad to expand more on the audio section but I don't have the proper tools to go more in depth. What I do know is there is a thread that talks about a external DAC using USB-C

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Respect Sahib, really nice review :)

Thanks. I really took my time with it and took notes along the way as I used it. I'm not a fan of the reviews that some posters post here either they aren't very helpful or just praise the device. I hope that my review helps someone chose if they want to buy it or not:)

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Great review Sahib. Now I don't know how things are with the 950, I'll believe you on this one, but the audio quality on headphones is more than great on my 640. I have a cheap 15$ headphones and the music sounded equally good, or maybe a bit better than on S6.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Guess who's OFF for the next two days....

This guy! *points thumbs at chest*
Ed, do you like Metallica?

Have you ever tried playing older Metallica songs like "Damage, Inc"? If so, isn't it hard to play so fast with only downstrokes like Hetfield does?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NunezGuad