WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So...I continued the experiment today using the band 2 and the XL.

My findings are: this is not a good match in terms of power efficiency. Not by a long shot. While I don't think Android Wear is THAT much better than what OS the band 2 runs on, for my needs it's a lot better thought out and executed. So while I like the XL and band 2 as separate items, they don't pair up well for me. My guess it's moreso how Windows is managing Bluetooth these days than anything else from a power standpoint.

So the band 2 is on the way out come next week. Without the gas guzzling Bluetooth, the battery life on the XL seems similar to the m8...which means I'll charge it nightly. Could I go back to Windows as my daily driver? Yes, if I focus solely on the camera, size screen and good cell radios for data and calls, along with reading articles for school off the screen. I would use a watch with it...either my 360 in flight mode solely as a watch, or my Citizen's Eco Drive. I just have to use it like a phone instead of having the convenience of notifications on my wrist.

The new build had been helpful battery life wise, I think...but it's only still so-so. Not as disappointed as last time, but still somewhat disappointed.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

I wonder why the XL takes a hit on your XL. on my 830 and 950 and 810 battery life stayed the same and it made no difference.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I wonder why the XL takes a hit on your XL. on my 830 and 950 and 810 battery life stayed the same and it made no difference.

It shouldn't, but for me it does. And I don't feel like doing a factory reset and starting all over again. I installed my XL from a backup of my M8 for convenience. Maybe that's the issue, but it's not just that why I'm passing on the Band 2. I think it needs to be slimmer, lighter, and they need to address the skin mark issue with it that has carried over from the OG Band.

It's just not for me so I'll send it out to a much better and more forgiving owner next week...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It shouldn't, but for me it does. And I don't feel like doing a factory reset and starting all over again. I installed my XL from a backup of my M8 for convenience. Maybe that's the issue, but it's not just that why I'm passing on the Band 2. I think it needs to be slimmer, lighter, and they need to address the skin mark issue with it that has carried over from the OG Band.

It's just not for me so I'll send it out to a much better and more forgiving owner next week...

Restores were always a nightmare for me so every update on my L920 was fresh. It's one of the things that drive me a little crazy. I don't mind fresh installs but everyone kept saying how great WP was with this and that and I kept wondering what I was missing...

I did a fresh install on my Sony because I felt it was due for one. I still need to convince the wife to let me do that to her Z5 compact.

I still need to sort out her other laptop but she hasn't made up her mind about which laptop she wants. :/

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So we're going to look at car today which will be my car to drive to work and back. We're keeping the BMW for now and will sell it privately.

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It's a Citroen C4 diesel with park assist. Not that I need that.

The diesel is mostly for fuel economy. I drive approximately 52 miles one way, the BMW drinks petrol like water. So with this things should be better.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Spent the day off yesterday with the kids, doing "family" stuff... I promised them we wouldn't sit around on our phones all day.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

With that, I'm doing some heavy catching up on Clash Royale this morning! lol gawd this game drives me nutzo!!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Oh, I was given a gift yesterday... My youngest sons mother is getting ready to move and was cleaning out her storage. Her previous husband was also a musician (albeit a lousy one lol) and had left some things with her... I scored a brand new in the box BOSS BR-532 Digital Studio.

Here it is pictured next to my ME-80 of the same make.

image.jpeg

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

So my "home recording studio" got an upgrade! Of course this thing is a couple years old tech wise, and discontinued on the BOSS site, but it'll still perform. One thing about it is it takes "Smart Media" cards for storage. It's got a 32MB one in it, and from what I've read (in the manual) will take up to a 128MB card for storage.

I wonder where I can find some of these...

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

It's not like I really need the memory cards anyway... I can always output the mixed/finished song to the PC and store them there. I do need at least the card that's in it, to perform the mixes/bounce tracks etc while working on a song. Sort of like a RAM while using the unit...

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

It's a Citroen C4 diesel with park assist. Not that I need that.

The diesel is mostly for fuel economy. I drive approximately 52 miles one way, the BMW drinks petrol like water. So with this things should be better.
Current generation? With 1.6 hdi I assume?

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I was also given a Peavey Bandit 112 (red stripe) 80w "transtube" guitar amp with a Shefield 12" speaker... I pick that up after work today.

The "Red stripe" means it's the premium "made in U.S.A." Model, rather than the cheapo mass production models that are made in Taiwan or China.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Restores were always a nightmare for me so every update on my L920 was fresh. It's one of the things that drive me a little crazy. I don't mind fresh installs but everyone kept saying how great WP was with this and that and I kept wondering what I was missing...

I did a fresh install on my Sony because I felt it was due for one. I still need to convince the wife to let me do that to her Z5 compact.

I still need to sort out her other laptop but she hasn't made up her mind about which laptop she wants. :/

Good luck with the tech stuff with the wife.

I like the phones I've used recently, I just don't love them. That's the place I'm in.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Weather is nice enough here in the NYC metro area. Headed back to the GF's...gonna get ready for another week at the funny farm...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12