WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

You act like I never did that before either. :p I have a job in engineering because I went to school and worked for it. :p

That's the part that scares me the most. One more year of highschool, 3 more years of college, and 2 more of master. So many years to go!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So Sahib, if someone had told you about the Panama documents (or whatever it is called) few months before, you wouldn't believe them, right?

That's not the best example. :p I think most people knew that the rich were hiding money offshore. The Panama papers was more or less how much they were hiding and who specifically. :p

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That's the part that scares me the most. One more year of highschool, 3 more years of college, and 2 more of master. So many years to go!

Enjoy school as much as you can. Work is no picnic. I did my best to get into the work force as quickly as possible and I sort of regret that now.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So Sahib, if someone had told you about the Panama documents (or whatever it is called) few months before, you wouldn't believe them, right?

There's generally two types of conspiracy theories.

Those that have an element of truth to them, so that if they came out as being true then you're not really surprised by it. Like the Panama Papers or even the government 'spying' on people.

Then there's the real what I call 'wacky' stuff. Aliens, chemtrails, 9/11 truthers and other weird nonsense.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Yes that's not great.

Lesson to learn though is that you can't control things other people do so no point getting upset about it. Just do what you can for yourself. Other people will always let you down, always.

Learned that as well unfortunatelly. One of my best friends was jelaous of my final grade in Sociology and almost screwed me up. At least I learned that I can't trust anybody

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Thanks.. I'm not sure what you mean by "an house" but I've been playing this game a lot longer than these people I'm dealing with now. Like I was saying, it's just going to take a little time, but when mistakes happen and something goes wrong, (and it will) everything will be lined up just right to where there will be nobody else to blame but my prime target. They don't understand that this ain't my first rodeo lol...

Autocorrect took over. I meant you'll "clean house eventually".

Posted via Moto Maxx

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Enjoy school as much as you can. Work is no picnic. I did my best to get into the work force as quickly as possible and I sort of regret that now.

Well here in Bosnia I can't really choose when do I start working. I'll be lucky if I get any job. I'd like to leave country, but who knows what life brings, maybe I'll find a good job that'll keep me here, maybe I won't.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

So I was doing some research on my new guitar amp; the Peavy Bandit 112 "Red Stripe" model. Evidently, it's one of the highly coveted, last of the Made in USA models. This single 12" Sheffield speaker equipped combo amp is a little monster and loud as hell! It's also got a real spring reverb unit that sounds amazing.

I'm slowly getting my music gear upgraded one piece at a time. Now, with this amp, and the BOSS BR-532 Digital Studio, I have so many different combinations of ways to hook things up... inputs and outputs galore!!

I'm trying to figure out the best way to record video with a better quality audio track. (Without all the ambient room noise that the phone mic picks up) I've been working on my cover songs (Iron Maiden's Where Eagles Dare for one!) and want to have an excellent sounding recording to share.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

To quote Bernard Shaw:

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

It's like arguing with anyone who is 'convinced' by something.

Except for when you're in my line of work when clients act like the proverbial pigs and you've got to wrestle slightly...

Conspiracy theorists, on the other hand, are pigs that should be avoided in the same vein as politrickians...

Posted via Moto Maxx

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

There's generally two types of conspiracy theories.

Those that have an element of truth to them, so that if they came out as being true then you're not really surprised by it. Like the Panama Papers or even the government 'spying' on people.

Then there's the real what I call 'wacky' stuff. Aliens, chemtrails, 9/11 truthers and other weird nonsense.

Chemtrails were hugely popular around here. Everyone was talking about, there were even shows about it. Now, I never payed attention to the sky that much, after all, I'm not mentally ill to stare at it for two hours just to see whether that trail is gonna stay there or not.
But there's wacky stuff, as you call them, that have turned out to be true, at least partially. After the floods we had here we were getting all sorts of donations, amongst which were raspberry plants from Ukraine or Poland, can't really remember. Long story short, conspiracy theorists were right about them 'cause they were ill and had destroyes other, healthy, plants and the soil, which will be unusable for the next few years. Why did they send it to us, we were competition.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Just had a lunch, going to rest a bit more, and then I'm off to study Psychology. "Just" 70 pages to learn.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Chemtrails were hugely popular around here. Everyone was talking about, there were even shows about it. Now, I never payed attention to the sky that much, after all, I'm not mentally ill to stare at it for two hours just to see whether that trail is gonna stay there or not.
But there's wacky stuff, as you call them, that have turned out to be true, at least partially. After the floods we had here we were getting all sorts of donations, amongst which were raspberry plants from Ukraine or Poland, can't really remember. Long story short, conspiracy theorists were right about them 'cause they were ill and had destroyes other, healthy, plants and the soil, which will be unusable for the next few years. Why did they send it to us, we were competition.

Well that's an example of some level of 'truth' to them and not so much of a conspiracy. That's just plain nasty. Chemtrails on the other hand make absolutely no sense whatsoever.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

What about HAARP? lol

Don't get me started on that. LOL! That's just a science experiment that ignorant people get 'scared' about because they don't understand it. Like most science that people don't understand.

I'm still struggling with the anti-vax ideas...

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Btw, the other day when we were talking about vinyl, I decided to go dig my vinyl LPs out of storage. For some reason I was thinking that I was missing like half of my collection, but then I remembered a while back I actually got rid of a bunch of LPs that I would never listen to. I wanted to scale down my collection to a more manageable size. If anyone's ever owned a good size vinyl collection, you know how heavy they are, and what a PITA they are to move.

Of course I kept all the best stuff! Classic rock, metal, etc... I now have just a few hundred LPs, but all good stuff!

image.jpeg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss