WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

OK, rest time is over, taking the book back in my hand. I'm going for another 15 pages. Wish me luck. Cause I really need it.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

So Sahib, if someone had told you about the Panama documents (or whatever it is called) few months before, you wouldn't believe them, right?

To be honest i would of believe them. wealthy people have always stored their money somewhere else :p

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

OMG DOOM is freaking awesome! Runs buttery smooth on my gaming PC with the GTX 970 too! I've got all the settings on either high or ultra for the single player campaign. Of course I've dialed a few settings back for the multiplayer to make sure I don't have any performance issues that'd hurt my scores.

Btw, I went up to GameStop earlier to buy the game because I wanted something physical, (like the box at least!) but they were sold out. They did however have these two sided posters... So I had them give me two of them so I could hang up both sides! lol I am so much a teenager trapped in a 47 year old body!

Check out this wall in my "man cave/home studio/office/He-Man women haters club" room! ;P

View attachment 126449

And I ended up just buying the game on Steam instead of running around town trying to find it...

Lol I enjoy watching the little rascals 😁 ops this quote was for Ed lol

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Uhh, in which point of my life am I going to need the knowledge of how emotions are made, or what types of studying there are. I mean, all of this stuff are happening automatically, I know that's the point of Psychology, but I just don't want to go this deep into that stuff.
I was questioning same thing last year. Hopefully I won't need it since I don't remember a thing about this

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It's interesting the blistering pace OEMs these days are trying to push tech to keep their hands in consumer's pockets...

There are some very good devices that are getting killed off simply because compromises were made in the wrong place...

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm reminded how much I enjoy a 5.2 inch screen. Also, I have great respect as to how Microsoft made the XL feel so small, even though it's such a big screen phone.

Posted via Moto Maxx

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I'm reminded how much I enjoy a 5.2 inch screen. Also, I have great respect as to how Microsoft made the XL feel so small, even though it's such a big screen phone.

Posted via Moto Maxx

I like the edges of the 950xl I noticed a slight curvature

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I leave the thread for a day or two and all hell breaks loose with rue getting a new car. What went wrong with the beema? Just high fuel cost? We got new cars around the same time last year, don't think I'm gonna get a new one now though :wink:
Yes fuel cost was a big one and the mileage was the second.

Right now I'm probably getting 30 - 35 miles to the gallon with the new car it will be around 60 - 65.

The high milage was becoming worrying as well so it was time for it to go. Next BMW will be low milage and newer. :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I was questioning same thing last year. Hopefully I won't need it since I don't remember a thing about this

Neither will I my friend, neither will I.
Education isn't about needing, it's about learning something new that you don't know.

High school education is about learning things to hopefully spark your interests and make you a well rounded individual.

The school system continuously fails to teach these basic facts. They're too concerned with the idea of grades instead of outcomes. Two different things I might add.

You might not see the value in what you're learning now but you never know when it might be helpful in the future.

Education should be enjoyable not a chore. Society has really messed up this one thing profusely.

Drops mic...

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Education isn't about needing, it's about learning something new that you don't know.

High school education is about learning things to hopefully spark your interests and make you a well rounded individual.

The school system continuously fails to teach these basic facts. They're too concerned with the idea of grades instead of outcomes. Two different things I might add.

You might not see the value in what you're learning now but you never know when it might be helpful in the future.

Education should be enjoyable not a chore. Society has really messed up this one thing profusely.

Drops mic...

All of that sounds nice, but in these three years of highschool I haven't done a single practical thing. I just don't know how mechanically learning stuff is going to help me do my job better someday. Don't even get me started about how won't even get one.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Drops mic...

post-9764-citizen-kane-slow-clap-gif-Img-7O1E.gif
that was beautiful

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Yes fuel cost was a big one and the mileage was the second.

Right now I'm probably getting 30 - 35 miles to the gallon with the new car it will be around 60 - 65.

The high milage was becoming worrying as well so it was time for it to go. Next BMW will be low milage and newer. :)
What was your mileage? My car gives me 60-65mpg but its high mileage at about 128k. But it was a motorway car for most of that so I know it will last a long time.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

All of that sounds nice, but in these three years of highschool I haven't done a single practical thing. I just don't know how mechanically learning stuff is going to help me do my job better someday. Don't even get me started about how won't even get one.

That was my point. You're learning to take tests, you're not learning the subject.

That's why school systems are broken all over the world. It's all about KPIs (Key Performance Indicators (in the student sense, grades for the teachers, how many students get good grades)) rather than about learning. School has turned into an accounting process rather than what it should be about, learning.

There's two types of learning, practical and theoretical, you don't necessarily need both but having both makes you more rounded as an individual and since everyone learns differently, having practical may help those having trouble understanding the theoretical.

Your question of 'why am I learning this' has been around since who knows when but it's clear indication that education hasn't improved since my mother was in school. Unfortunately asking a teacher or professor that question doesn't help either because sometimes they get stuck in their own little world and can't give students a practical answer. So in many ways the school system is broken, not just for students but also for teachers as well. It's more messed up than most people realise.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

What was your mileage? My car gives me 60-65mpg but its high mileage at about 128k. But it was a motorway car for most of that so I know it will last a long time.

My car is petrol so that's one of the issues. The mileage is 112500.

So I'm going to diesel now so things will be better.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

That was my point. You're learning to take tests, you're not learning the subject.

That's why school systems are broken all over the world. It's all about KPIs (Key Performance Indicators (in the student sense, grades for the teachers, how many students get good grades)) rather than about learning. School has turned into an accounting process rather than what it should be about, learning.

There's two types of learning, practical and theoretical, you don't necessarily need both but having both makes you more rounded as an individual and since everyone learns differently, having practical may help those having trouble understanding the theoretical.

Your question of 'why am I learning this' has been around since who knows when but it's clear indication that education hasn't improved since my mother was in school. Unfortunately asking a teacher or professor that question doesn't help either because sometimes they get stuck in their own little world and can't give students a practical answer. So in many ways the school system is broken, not just for students but also for teachers as well. It's more messed up than most people realise.

Well that's exactly what I was reffering to. The only reason I'm learning this is to get a good mark, that's it, I know it's wrong but I have no interest in this subject or whatsoever. But if It's going to help me to achieve better results in school, and learning it represents no problem to me, I might as well just do it. What I'm trying to say is that in some way,I'm forced into studying it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos