WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Well that's exactly what I was reffering to. The only reason I'm learning this is to get a good mark, that's it, I know it's wrong but I have no interest in this subject or whatsoever. But if It's going to help me to achieve better results in school, and learning it represents no problem to me, I might as well just do it. What I'm trying to say is that in some way,I'm forced into studying it.

Totally understand what you're saying. It's unfortunate that you feel that way though. Learning something, even if you don't like it, should be interesting and enjoyable. Sad really.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So, just some personal opinion on some music. Musicians and groups I'm a little over and don't generally like.

Bruce Springsteen - Nice guy and all but personally I'm not a fan. I don't mind some of his music but I can typically live without hearing any of his music. Doesn't help that my brother is a fan and we don't get along that well but that's not the reason for not liking his music. I just find it boring. I tend to turn the station or the radio off when he's on.

Bon Jovi - Have to say I've never been a big fan. I really tried too. They've become stale, all their stuff sounds the same. Add in the semi Christian rock part of it and it's a no go for me. I turn them off now too.

Radio Head - I didn't mind some of their earlier stuff and I don't mind some of the newer stuff but I'm starting to find them a touch boring now. They're one of those groups you either like or don't like. I've put them in my fine to hear but can live without.

Guns n Roses - (sorry Rose640) I've been hearing them too much on the radio and I have to say I'm bored now. They were fine when I was younger but now I find their music very dated sounding. They're ok when I'm in the mood but lately I haven't been so they've been shelfed. I can appreciate what they did to the music but I always found them overrated.

Part of the reason I bring this stuff up is that I've been listening to the radio, probably a mistake but these groups constantly come on and they're not my favourites at all. It's a sad reality that there really isn't any new rock these days. :/

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Morning gang...

So, just some personal opinion on some music. Musicians and groups I'm a little over and don't generally like.

Bruce Springsteen - Nice guy and all but personally I'm not a fan. I don't mind some of his music but I can typically live without hearing any of his music. Doesn't help that my brother is a fan and we don't get along that well but that's not the reason for not liking his music. I just find it boring. I tend to turn the station or the radio off when he's on.

Bon Jovi - Have to say I've never been a big fan. I really tried too. They've become stale, all their stuff sounds the same. Add in the semi Christian rock part of it and it's a no go for me. I turn them off now too.

Radio Head - I didn't mind some of their earlier stuff and I don't mind some of the newer stuff but I'm starting to find them a touch boring now. They're one of those groups you either like or don't like. I've put them in my fine to hear but can live without.

Guns n Roses - (sorry Rose640) I've been hearing them too much on the radio and I have to say I'm bored now. They were fine when I was younger but now I find their music very dated sounding. They're ok when I'm in the mood but lately I haven't been so they've been shelfed. I can appreciate what they did to the music but I always found them overrated.

Part of the reason I bring this stuff up is that I've been listening to the radio, probably a mistake but these groups constantly come on and they're not my favourites at all. It's a sad reality that there really isn't any new rock these days. :/

I'm with you on your takes on these particular bands. Heh, the way they call Bruce Springsteen "the Boss".. I used to say "well he's not the boss of me!" lol

Agree on G&R! IMO Slash is the #1 over-rated guitarist in music today! I saw him and his solo band open up for someone (can't remember exactly which headline show it was - there's been so many!) a year or two ago, and I was totally uninspired and unimpressed. All of his solos are the same blues pentatonic scales played over and over again and all sound the same. He just got lucky with G&R where they came up with a couple catchy hits and now everyone thinks he's a guitar god smh...

Now Ritchie Sambora (SP?) (Bon Jovi's guitarist) is actually really good! Look him up on YouTube some of his solo stuff is amazing. The Bon Jovi hits from the late 80's were ok, but like you said, they've pretty much run their course. Without Ritchie, he's just another bland pop singer.

RadioHead, yeah, their old stuff is ok I guess. I'm the same way... Wouldn't go out of my way. I've never heard anything that'd make me jump up and run out and buy their record.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I was up pretty late last night playing DOOM. The single player campaign is really good, but I started playing the multiplayer last night and got hooked. The classic deathmatch has returned! I love the old school Quake III Arena vibe it has.

All in all, it's a well rounded game. The included "SnapMap" editor is the icing on the cake. I have a lot of experience with map building and level editing, so this is right up my alley!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Morning gang...

I'm with you on your takes on these particular bands. Heh, the way they call Bruce Springsteen "the Boss".. I used to say "well he's not the boss of me!" lol

Agree on G&R! IMO Slash is the #1 over-rated guitarist in music today! I saw him and his solo band open up for someone (can't remember exactly which headline show it was - there's been so many!) a year or two ago, and I was totally uninspired and unimpressed. All of his solos are the same blues pentatonic scales played over and over again and all sound the same. He just got lucky with G&R where they came up with a couple catchy hits and now everyone thinks he's a guitar god smh...

Now Ritchie Sambora (SP?) (Bon Jovi's guitarist) is actually really good! Look him up on YouTube some of his solo stuff is amazing. The Bon Jovi hits from the late 80's were ok, but like you said, they've pretty much run their course. Without Ritchie, he's just another bland pop singer.

RadioHead, yeah, their old stuff is ok I guess. I'm the same way... Wouldn't go out of my way. I've never heard anything that'd make me jump up and run out and buy their record.

Morning! (thinks of Monty Python...)

I never understood 'The Boss' title for Bruce.

I think I knew Richie was a good guitarist but the music has gone bland big time.

With Radio Head I don't think I could buy an album but I like a couple of songs here and there. Creep is by far my favourite.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I was up pretty late last night playing DOOM. The single player campaign is really good, but I started playing the multiplayer last night and got hooked. The classic deathmatch has returned! I love the old school Quake III Arena vibe it has.

All in all, it's a well rounded game. The included "SnapMap" editor is the icing on the cake. I have a lot of experience with map building and level editing, so this is right up my alley!

Where do you find time to play any games haha?! :p

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Good morning. Picked up a 6S+ last night. Mostly to leverage a trade though, let's see how long that lasts.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Where do you find time to play any games haha?! :p

I have to make time.. it's what they call "burning a candle at both ends"... I also somehow make time to play, compose, and record music. I'm really wanting to find a local drummer and start playing as a band again like the good old days.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Good morning. Picked up a 6S+ last night. Mostly to leverage a trade though, let's see how long that lasts.
Nice! What size? I love mine as you know. Wicked fast phone! Don't forget to try out the 3D Touch and some apps that utilize it. (A lot do, including all the Microsoft apps like Onedrive, Outlook, OneNote, Cortana, etc.)

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I like the 3D Touch feature of the camera app. I just press right into whichever mode I want to shoot in (photo, video, slo-mo, or selfie) btw, to get the 240fps slo-mo, you've got to enable it in settings/photo & camera. Along with the 4K video.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

To be honest I've never heard any of Springsteen's orr Radio Head's stuff. I just wasn't interested in them, that's all.

About Bon Jovi. I like Living on a prayer, Runaway and the one I like the most and find the best is Bed of roses. Everything else is either boring or not rock at all. I especially hate Bad medicine, such horrible song.

Now shame on you for not liking GnR! No seriously, I get you. You rated them by listening to radio and even here where folks don't listen to foreign music, they've heard a lot from GnR. It's either Sweet child o mine, November rain or Knocking on heaven's door. They are my number one, but I haven't listened to them for some time now. I'm hoping for the new album. Anything that's better than Chinese Democracy is more than welcome. At least that's not hard to achieve.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

What's a classic dm? Is it like team dm or everyone is up against everyone?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss