WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Ok I've been practicing this one for you Maiden fans! Lemme know what you guys think...

It should be noted that he plays the solo on a guitar with a "whammy bar" (tremolo bar/bridge) which my Les Paul doesn't have, so I'm mimicking the dive bombs and tremolo parts with my expression pedal.

Anyway, I give you "Where Eagles Dare"...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Ok I've been practicing this one for you Maiden fans! Lemme know what you guys think...

It should be noted that he plays the solo on a guitar with a "whammy bar" (tremolo bar/bridge) which my Les Paul doesn't have, so I'm mimicking the dive bombs and tremolo parts with my expression pedal.

https://youtu.be/fTMLxUmaLXU
Sounds good to me! :)

Very nice indeed.

That's a lot of sliding up and down the neck of the guitar there.

What I've always found interesting I'd swear they played their songs faster live. Which is crazy when you think how fast they are to begin with.

I always liked the change over in guitar solos to.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Awesome job, Ed! :smile:

That sounds great.

How does your finger feel? It must be hard to play with a bashed finger, especially on a song that's hard to play anyway.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

whoa that was AWSOME !HAHA
slow-clap-gif.gif

Sager-Naji

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Thats great. I like the doom poster lol. \m/

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Sounds good to me! :)

Very nice indeed.

That's a lot of sliding up and down the neck of the guitar there.

What I've always found interesting I'd swear they played their songs faster live. Which is crazy when you think how fast they are to begin with.

I always liked the change over in guitar solos to.
Thanks Rue!

Yes, they do play the songs faster live! They usually do that to fit more songs into their allotted time.

And of course I'm only one guy, so I had to pick which part to play and sort of improvise, playing what I thought was the more pronounced parts where there's actually two or three guitars doing these parts.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Awesome job, Ed! :smile:

That sounds great.

How does your finger feel? It must be hard to play with a bashed finger, especially on a song that's hard to play anyway.
Thank you Laura!

The finger doesn't hurt at all any more, it's just still black under the nail. I'm just waiting for the nail to come off naturally. But yeah, it didn't get in the way.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Thanks Rue!

Yes, they do play the songs faster live! They usually do that to fit more songs into their allotted time.

And of course I'm only one guy, so I had to pick which part to play and sort of improvise, playing what I thought was the more pronounced parts where there's actually two or three guitars doing these parts.

Interesting, didn't know that about the speed and time. Considering they typically do three ovations at a concert you'd think they had all the time in the world. :p

I haven't a clue at how much faster they go but it feels at least a 1/3 faster. Which sort leaves you thinkings, wow that's fast.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Sooooo.... Nokia is coming back to mobile and tablets.

No big surprise there. Kind of surprised they bought the feature phone division off of MS but I guess it doesn't hurt.

I know they couldn't come out sooner with anything but curious why now? It's not the best time for smartphones. Regardless how good their products are they're going to have to do something pretty special to get sales. If they stuff it up they're toast really.

If I were Nokia I'd probably go three phones (low, mid and high) and two tablets. Make all the phones 5.2" screens and max out the specs for each. Do the same for the tablets.

If you're going to go for it, might as well go all in. They'll need more than just design and camera technology this time around.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

As much as I complain about my bank from time to time at least they have a decent app and they're also supporting Android Pay. So it's all good. :)

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Sooooo.... Nokia is coming back to mobile and tablets.

No big surprise there. Kind of surprised they bought the feature phone division off of MS but I guess it doesn't hurt.

I know they couldn't come out sooner with anything but curious why now? It's not the best time for smartphones. Regardless how good their products are they're going to have to do something pretty special to get sales. If they stuff it up they're toast really.

If I were Nokia I'd probably go three phones (low, mid and high) and two tablets. Make all the phones 5.2" screens and max out the specs for each. Do the same for the tablets.

If you're going to go for it, might as well go all in. They'll need more than just design and camera technology this time around.

I'd change one thing . I'd make a 4.7,5.2 ,and 6.2 in phones but have the same specs on all of them.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

As much as I complain about my bank from time to time at least they have a decent app and they're also supporting Android Pay. So it's all good. :)
I feel the same way about mine (Vystar credit union) They have an awesome app (they just released a new version) and have full support for Apple Pay. I thought it was kind of cool when I signed up for Apple Pay with them, the sent me a letter that had the credit union logo, as well as the Apple logo in the heading.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

lol have this video on my YouTube channel, that demonstrates the Microsoft Remote Desktop app on my iPad Air 2 accessing my Windows 10 desktop. People commenting and giving it a thumbs down, saying "this isn't very helpful"... well no sh#t! Where in the title does it say that this is a "help" video? It's not a tutorial people! It's merely a demo, showing it working!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'd change one thing . I'd make a 4.7,5.2 ,and 6.2 in phones but have the same specs on all of them.

My point was about keeping the variations down. If you start doing that you'll have 9 different phones. The 5.2 is more or less the sweet spot for phones. I know there are some people who like a bigger phone and smaller phone but you can't please everyone.

If I were to give on any one point it would be 6" flagship and that's all. So a total of four phones.

Nokia's biggest issue in the past was having far too many variants and being too slow with updates. In my mind to be a leader would be to keep the numbers down and the updates quick. Doing that would put them in the top position.

The number one complaint with Android at this stage is the slow update cycles. If Nokia can prove they can do it quicker and better than anyone else they'll have an audience for that alone.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Oh yeah, and some of the people commenting on that Nokia feature phone article have no idea what Foxconn is, or what they actually do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05