WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I think it's robotised gearbox. You have pedals behind the wheel to change gear right? As far as I remeber it was quite slow gearbox and didn't like fast driving.

Yep I have manual on both the bear box and behind the wheel. You can use the paddles behind the wheel even in auto mode.

It's not the fastest at gear changing but I didn't buy it to race. It's about fuel efficiency. Though it does have some good pick up.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That is one strange car. An automatic trying to be a manual 😛

My Dodge had what they called "AutoStick", where you could drop it down into a manual mode and shift through the gears. Yours sounds a little different though.

The idea behind this system is that the car acts like a manual so you get the same fuel efficiency as a manual.

I'm not sure what the newer diesels are like in the US but here they shut down when you stop (at a light or whatever) then start up again automatically. This is to help with fuel efficiency. My car doesn't do that, this system is to get away from that.

I'm not a fan of the start/stop thing, it's a bit rough feeling. Even in a BMW.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

The idea behind this system is that the car acts like a manual so you get the same fuel efficiency as a manual.

I'm not sure what the newer diesels are like in the US but here they shut down when you stop (at a light or whatever) then start up again automatically. This is to help with fuel efficiency. My car doesn't do that, this system is to get away from that.

I'm not a fan of the start/stop thing, it's a bit rough feeling. Even in a BMW.
My first taste of auto start stop was in 2009 in a Volvo V50 diesel in Denmark.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Rue, just saw this... LOL! You may be on to something!

Glad you liked it! :D

Oddly enough I came up with a whole show format. :p Just one of those things that was spur of the moment.

I think you'd be great personally. :)

Last edited:

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

I have start/stop in a Clio. It should help save a bit fuel but it does drain battery when car is turned off but everything works.
Fun thing is that I have never driven automatic. I have driven electric cars but that isn't automatic really.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I have start/stop in a Clio. It should help save a bit fuel but it does drain battery when car is turned off but everything works.
Fun thing is that I have never driven automatic. I have driven electric cars but that isn't automatic really.

Well an electric car is basically automatic. There's no clutch and though it's not like a 'normal' car it's still close enough to an auto that it makes little difference.

North America is mostly automatic. Europe/Australia is mostly manual.

Though I get why people like manual I really can't be bothered with the traffic I have to drive. Once you're on a highway it makes little difference.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Well an electric car is basically automatic. There's no clutch and though it's not like a 'normal' car it's still close enough to an auto that it makes little difference.

Though I get why people like manual I really can't be bothered with the traffic I have to drive. Once you're on a highway it makes little difference.
I currently have an automatic, but I learned how to drive on a manual.

The only reason I chose an automatic for my current car is because my previous car got wrecked and totaled (not my fault), and I needed to get a car quickly. There were no manual cars available at the dealership where I got the new car.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Here in the Philippines, the new cars are mostly automatic, though we're apparently still required to be able to drive a manual car in order to obtain a Driver's License.

I'm quite impressed with some old jeeps that I ride to get home. The gear stick and the clutch pedal seem to be hanging by a thread and yet never seem to fail - though I guess it would be better for those to break rather than the brakes. I find myself clutching to the bars every time we go down that 20? incline...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Here in the Philippines, the new cars are mostly automatic, though we're apparently still required to be able to drive a manual car in order to obtain a Driver's License.

I'm quite impressed with some old jeeps that I ride to get home. The gear stick and the clutch pedal seem to be hanging by a thread and yet never seem to fail - though I guess it would be better for those to break rather than the brakes. I find myself clutching to the bars every time we go down that 20? incline...

It's been a while since you 'wandered' by. :p

How are things?

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Morning troops!

Glad you liked it! :D

Oddly enough I came up with a whole show format. :p Just one of those things that was spur of the moment.

I think you'd be great personally. :)

Aww shucks Rue, thanks!

I'd like to hear more about it...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Kahzach girls do have a reputation but I don't like stereotyping. It may just be the way they like to wear perfume. I noticed both are a bit heavy handed with the stuff.

I'm very sensitive with that stuff these days as well. My eyes basically water all day long thanks to the two guys who sit next to me. That's right, guys.

Maybe those two guys next to you are trying to woo the new girls?

That's a smelly situation to be collateral damage in...

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. It's raining, I'm feeling tired and not in the mood for the funny farm today...

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So, thanks to all those who helped...my electronic decluttering is almost complete. The only thing left to do is maybe switch my Maxx out for something else.

If it doesn't sell by the end of the week, I'll most likely keep through the rest of the summer.

Posted via Moto Maxx

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. It's raining, I'm feeling tired and not in the mood for the funny farm today...

Posted via Moto Maxx

Morning MIA, I hear ya... I'm not feeling this whole double shift thing today myself. Getting ready to head that way though. The weather is nice, so at least there's that!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Maybe those two guys next to you are trying to woo the new girls?

That's a smelly situation to be collateral damage in...

Posted via Moto Maxx

No, the one is recently married and I think his new wife likes the cologne. The other is an older guy who seems like cologne.

The girls are only here for this week so they'll be gone soon but that doesn't really help me. lol

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning MIA, I hear ya... I'm not feeling this whole double shift thing today myself. Getting ready to head that way though. The weather is nice, so at least there's that!

Good luck with that double shift.

I could use a beach with a hammock, a cold beer, a light breeze and the GF in a bikini and straw hat looking cute.

Off to try to find the money to make that happen...

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

No, the one is recently married and I think his new wife likes the cologne. The other is an older guy who seems like cologne.

The girls are only here for this week so they'll be gone soon but that doesn't really help me. lol

Maybe the newlywed needs to wear the cologne at home instead of at work since the wife likes it...

Most people seem to always lay that stuff on a bit too thick. I've been told i underspray whenever i use it...

Posted via Moto Maxx

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Good luck with that double shift.

I could use a beach with a hammock, a cold beer, a light breeze and the GF in a bikini and straw hat looking cute.

Off to try to find the money to make that happen...

Posted via Moto Maxx

As for I got two finals today 😀. Also I got a A in my history test 😀! That test was not easy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb