WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

That's true. I think the main reason behind that is due to the insistence on being 'American' first and then whatever else you are second. The schools and media drive those points home continuously.

I think if wasn't for that there would be a more diverse culture in the US. It's diverse anyway but not as diverse as it could be.

The being American is drilled in right from day one at school and the fact that you end up communicating for the most part in US English also dilutes the diversity to some extent. Also Corporate America ensures uniformity across the country which is in part due to the Interstate highway system and so on and so on....

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I'm indulging in my new phone itch (haven't bought anything).

My top lust targets are the HTC 10, LG G5, Moto X Force and the dark horse Nexus 5X. Out of box option - Note 5.

Nexus 5X

pros: value for money (if gotten via specials) in terms of price matching highlights such as camera, fingerprint scanner, size, weight; Nexus so fast updates, CDMA compatible.

Cons: fixed storage, too expensive at normal price, some performance hiccups.

LG G5:

pros - camera is great compliment to the XL, light, good hardware, probably more affordable because of its polarizing nature.

Cons: battery life, screen is not as good as expected. Accessories aren't worth a damn. Still a big phone (slightly smaller than G4, but not by much)

HTC 10:

pros - hardware, especially audio, design. Camera is now good enough. Potentially fast updates.

Cons - damn expensive.

Moto X Force:

pros - same hardware as the XL (sans USB-C), screen (size and durability), Moto enhancements, camera similar to X Pure (pretty decent).

Cons - too damn expensive, especially for last year's hardware (same price as G5/HTC 10, getting to S7 territory); availability. A wide *** phone. Questionable Moto support going forward.

Note 5:

Pros: hardware is similar to XL, camera is good, size is similar to XL, love the S-Pen

Cons - somewhat still expensive; the rest of Samsung's software. Most likely have to get a carrier version.

Good thing is I'm not actively acting on the urge, but the research is fun. If i had to pick, the top two are the HTC 10 and G5 with the X Force strongly in the mix. I still may get a 5X...but am most likely to wait some more.

Some days i look at my XL and wish i had an LTE Z3 tablet compact...that would make going back to Windows a little easier.

Oh well, the itch continues...

Posted via Moto Maxx

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

So I'm indulging in my new phone itch (haven't bought anything).

My top lust targets are the HTC 10, LG G5, Moto X Force and the dark horse Nexus 5X. Out of box option - Note 5.

Nexus 5X

pros: value for money (if gotten via specials) in terms of price matching highlights such as camera, fingerprint scanner, size, weight; Nexus so fast updates, CDMA compatible.

Cons: fixed storage, too expensive at normal price, some performance hiccups.

LG G5:

pros - camera is great compliment to the XL, light, good hardware, probably more affordable because of its polarizing nature.

Cons: battery life, screen is not as good as expected. Accessories aren't worth a damn. Still a big phone (slightly smaller than G4, but not by much)

HTC 10:

pros - hardware, especially audio, design. Camera is now good enough. Potentially fast updates.

Cons - damn expensive.

Moto X Force:

pros - same hardware as the XL (sans USB-C), screen (size and durability), Moto enhancements, camera similar to X Pure (pretty decent).

Cons - too damn expensive, especially for last year's hardware (same price as G5/HTC 10, getting to S7 territory); availability. A wide *** phone. Questionable Moto support going forward.

Note 5:

Pros: hardware is similar to XL, camera is good, size is similar to XL, love the S-Pen

Cons - somewhat still expensive; the rest of Samsung's software. Most likely have to get a carrier version.

Good thing is I'm not actively acting on the urge, but the research is fun. If i had to pick, the top two are the HTC 10 and G5 with the X Force strongly in the mix. I still may get a 5X...but am most likely to wait some more.

Some days i look at my XL and wish i had an LTE Z3 tablet compact...that would make going back to Windows a little easier.

Oh well, the itch continues...

Posted via Moto Maxx

4/5 the cons were that they are expensive :p

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Just saw in my email that a colleague (who i haven't seen around for a few months) has passed from cancer today. There is one that has been out for 18 months battling breast cancer, and from what i heard, she's probably not coming back to work and is in a real fist fight with it.

Stuff like this always serves to remind people to treasure their walk through life and those people you meet. Each person has great value, and equal value.

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

4/5 the cons were that they are expensive :p

They all are. Even the 5X. The G4 spoiled me in that it was a harken back to my 925 days...having a phone you liked with really minimal flaws...good cam, OS you liked, nice design, decent battery life.

Still, I'm just publicly lusting...doesn't mean I'm chasing.

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

MIA,
You can always buy my Nexus 9 LTE....he, he....

I could but that doesn't help me... it'd probably go to the GF as she has mentioned she wouldn't mind a bigger tablet...but she likes her stuff brand new and not mint...

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

They need to focus on Software which has always been their core competency and of lately the Surface line of devices.

The can do that by maintaining a small line of products. That was always the goal once they bought Nokia and saw how much of a **** show their inner workings had gotten to be...

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

To put it in context. You can travel from Orland to salt lake city Utah in the same time I can travel from Orland to Santa Barbara. Yes Cali is that big haha

Cali is #3 i think in size in the US of A...Alaska is nigh enough to fit Cali + Texas + another small state or two...

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's true. I think the main reason behind that is due to the insistence on being 'American' first and then whatever else you are second. The schools and media drive those points home continuously.

I think if wasn't for that there would be a more diverse culture in the US. It's diverse anyway but not as diverse as it could be.

They won't allow a "diverse" culture here. That would mean there would be a clear consensus on certain things and a true willingness to embrace others and stand up for others equally...

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The being American is drilled in right from day one at school and the fact that you end up communicating for the most part in US English also dilutes the diversity to some extent. Also Corporate America ensures uniformity across the country which is in part due to the Interstate highway system and so on and so on....

Most of the 'being American' that is drilled in the folks is stuff that people don't really believe him or really actually understand what it means. Just another way that the powers that be like you said are trying to maintain control...

Posted via Moto Maxx

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster