WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Work is almost done but now I need to take care of personal stuff that will still keep me busy way past 5PM on a Friday...

Work ended in a ****ty way. So I'm in a long *** queue waiting for a bus to South Jersey...

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Looks like it's the time of year again. This means the ice cream man and the Mexican icee man is going to be selling again

My guy has been out...i saw him a while back. I'll probably see him when i go back home on Tuesday, assuming there isn't any rain...

Posted via Moto Maxx

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Spent a good part of my morning sitting in front of the PC trying to make some sense out of this...

The sounds though...

moog2.JPG
moog1.JPG

Laura?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Spent a good part of my morning sitting in front of the PC trying to make some sense out of this...

The sounds though...

View attachment 126900
View attachment 126901

Laura?
Where'd you get that? I'd like to check it out. I have no clue how to patch the cables though. I've only used digital synthesizers. Maybe some old issues of Keyboard Player might have tutorials, or old issues of Keyboard Player might have some interviews with Wakeman or Emerson where they discuss the patching. I'm thinking some article titled "How to get a Rick Wakeman sound" or "How to get a Keith Emerson sound" might explain the analog Moog.

If this were a Hammond organ in question, then that would be very easy for me to decipher. I've played a B3. The other models aren't much different, and I know the keyboard sites list what stops to use on the Hammond for various songs.

Last edited:

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Where'd you get that? I'd like to check it out. I have no clue how to patch the cables though. I've only used digital synthesizers. Maybe some old issues of Keyboard Player might have tutorials, or old issues of Keyboard Player might have some interviews with Wakeman or Emerson where they discuss the patching. I'm thinking some article titled "How to get a Rick Wakeman sound" or "How to get a Keith Emerson sound" might explain the analog Moog.
https://www.arturia.com/products/analog-classics/modular-v

Arturia has a nice collection of classic recreated synths and modulators. I've purchased a few of their iOS synth apps (which are amazing!) and got a discount on this one for the PC. There's a free trial that they'll give you, with saving, exporting, and importing disabled that only lasts 20 minutes which I think is silly... you can spend at least 20 minutes just looking at all the buttons and dials!

Do you have a MIDI controller keyboard?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

https://www.arturia.com/products/analog-classics/modular-v

Arturia has a nice collection of classic recreated synths and modulators. I've purchased a few of their iOS synth apps (which are amazing!) and got a discount on this one for the PC. There's a free trial that they'll give you, with saving, exporting, and importing disabled that only lasts 20 minutes which I think is silly... you can spend at least 20 minutes just looking at all the buttons and dials!

Do you have a MIDI controller keyboard?
Thanks for the link! I'll check it out.

Unfortunately, I don't own any keyboards at this time, but it's something I'm interested in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750