WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

You know, I'll still be unmoved in this opinion: Sony has made some of the best Android tablets since the Z series started. The Z3 tablet compact is still top notch.

There's no reason for me upgrade. Even when the software support ends, I'll still use it.

Posted via Moto Maxx

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

One thing is that ifruit accessories are cheap and really nice quality. Gotta pay a pretty penny to get something that quality for the WP and Android devices.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

One thing is that ifruit accessories are cheap and really nice quality. Gotta pay a pretty penny to get something that quality for the WP and Android devices.

Yup. Always have to pay an arm and a leg for stuff for a platform that 10 people use...lol...always been like that...

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Smooth ride on the commute so far. Whenever i take trips and get away from my routine, it is always a scary reminder of how grinding my day-to-day really is...

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Since some of the regulars are on, let me poke fun at Walmart here.

So the GF and i go to Walmart and she's looking for stuff for her hair. The sign in the background just got me to SMH. And the fact that they put those products side by side with the stuff under the foreground makes me shake my head even more...

Posted via Moto Maxx

Attachments

• 9370.jpg
    9370.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 8

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Since some of the regulars are on, let me poke fun at Walmart here.

So the GF and i go to Walmart and she's looking for stuff for her hair. The sign in the background just got me to SMH. And the fact that they put those products side by side with the stuff under the foreground makes me shake my head even more...

Posted via Moto Maxx

That's truly sad... Not surprising, but sad nevertheless.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So what am i fussing about? They put the perms and the "ethnic hair" care products side by side. If any knows anything about hair, especially black folks hair, there's a ton of both positive and negative influences in hair for eons.

Perms are used for some folks to get the straight hair look seen in blondes, brunettes and red-heads. It's all about for some perpetuating a specific look of "beauty". The GF and my sister have gone the more "natural" look, which accentuates their curly hair. The GF has very versatile hair and facial features that allow her to wear nearly any look...as such she changes hair styles every few months. My sister keeps it simple.

Posted via Moto Maxx

Attachments

• 9369.jpg
    9369.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 7

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's truly sad... Not surprising, but sad nevertheless.

Yup, the GF and i were laughing when we saw this. And on the one the hand, it's not aimed at bring a bad thing. I'm sure there are many "bi-racial" folks or the regular folks who shop in the "ethic hair" aisle because the regular crap is harmful to their hair.

But it just makes you remember certain things when you see a sign like that. I'd prefer a "speciality hair products" section instead, but they won't do that.

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yup, the GF and i were laughing when we saw this. And on the one the hand, it's not aimed at bring a bad thing. I'm sure there are many "bi-racial" folks or the regular folks who shop in the "ethic hair" aisle because the regular crap is harmful to their hair.

But it just makes you remember certain things when you see a sign like that. I'd prefer a "speciality hair products" section instead, but they won't do that.

Posted via Moto Maxx

This reminds me of a story i tell often. About 10 years ago, i was going on one round of the job interviews that landed me my current gig. So i do own a black trenchcoat. For my interview wear i pull out my grey suit, solid shirt, subtle black and white tie, my trenchcoat (as it was during winter), my black leather gloves and my executive folder.

So after the interview is done and I'm on the train, i see this older white man look over at me with a once over and started talking to me. He said a few things to "test me" (we talked some business related topics) and i felt him relax more as the conversation went on.

Here's the takeaway:

1) He wasn't used to seeing well dressed, articulate brown folks.

2) The ones he knows always assumed that they're trying to be businessmen.

3) If i was in my regular gear he would t have approached me.

4) If i wasn't in a good mood as i had just closed the job, i wouldn't have talked back to his nappy ***.

Hecwasnt dressed up either, and that's why i never forget this story. "So you walked over to try to drop knowledge on me based on how i look - like i only was dressed up but not actually articulate - and by the time you left I was schooling you in a manner that fit how you were dressed? That's so sad, especially here in the great NYC..."

There's ways the strong undercut or race and ethnicity troubles that will longer over this country until everyone decides to do thr difficult work of checking their **** st the door and working through their **** so we all have a fighting chance to truly grow as a nation.

Posted via Moto Maxx

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Not far from home time... :)

It's been a blah day. New desk position. Crappy weather. Probably a rough drive home to boot.

Oh well. Such is life at the moment.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

This reminds me of a story i tell often. About 10 years ago, i was going on one round of the job interviews that landed me my current gig. So i do own a black trenchcoat. For my interview wear i pull out my grey suit, solid shirt, subtle black and white tie, my trenchcoat (as it was during winter), my black leather gloves and my executive folder.

So after the interview is done and I'm on the train, i see this older white man look over at me with a once over and started talking to me. He said a few things to "test me" (we talked some business related topics) and i felt him relax more as the conversation went on.

Here's the takeaway:

1) He wasn't used to seeing well dressed, articulate brown folks.

2) The ones he knows always assumed that they're trying to be businessmen.

3) If i was in my regular gear he would t have approached me.

4) If i wasn't in a good mood as i had just closed the job, i wouldn't have talked back to his nappy ***.

Hecwasnt dressed up either, and that's why i never forget this story. "So you walked over to try to drop knowledge on me based on how i look - like i only was dressed up but not actually articulate - and by the time you left I was schooling you in a manner that fit how you were dressed? That's so sad, especially here in the great NYC..."

There's ways the strong undercut or race and ethnicity troubles that will longer over this country until everyone decides to do thr difficult work of checking their **** st the door and working through their **** so we all have a fighting chance to truly grow as a nation.

Posted via Moto Maxx

I think it's going to take a few generations unfortunately....

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So we started getting The Ellen DeGeneres show here. It's mindless entertainment for the most part and gives me an idea of what's going on in the US. In a general sort of way.

We're about a week behind on the shows here.

Anyway, the other day she had on Kanye West. He was interesting to say the least. I'm not sure if he was on something or not or just has trouble articulating things but he wasn't the most lucid person I've seen on there.

He went on some weird rant about being able to change the world and how he was special it was quite obvious that Ellen wasn't sure what to do about it.

Very strange overall.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So, i guess Sony has launched their US prices for the new X line.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Sony...tes-for-the-new-Xperia-X-and-XA-lines_id81646

They screwed up all the prices. Especially the X and X performance. The XA needed to be $20 cheaper, along with the XA Ultra. I'd have been fine with the XA and XA Ultra's prices if they were water resistant, but the only water resistant phone in this list is the x performance.

Oh Sony, back to overpricing so people don't buy your **** again, i see...

Posted via Moto Maxx

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

So 15 days to my vacation in Greece... that came quick... can't wait! :D

One day to my birthday... that came way too quick... :/

23 days until this stupid referendum is over. It's been a complete PITA.

Did you have the right to vote?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss