WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
So we started getting The Ellen DeGeneres show here. It's mindless entertainment for the most part and gives me an idea of what's going on in the US. In a general sort of way.

We're about a week behind on the shows here.

Anyway, the other day she had on Kanye West. He was interesting to say the least. I'm not sure if he was on something or not or just has trouble articulating things but he wasn't the most lucid person I've seen on there.

He went on some weird rant about being able to change the world and how he was special it was quite obvious that Ellen wasn't sure what to do about it.

Very strange overall.

Mr. West is "high on his own supply". I genuinely think he feels he has to be so much of his own hype man and stay in the limelight by any means necessary because of how hard he has to work to get here.

They like 'em "uniquely controversial" here in 'Murica...

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So i checked my work email and my supervisor is out of the office for the next two weeks...so it's more of the intimates trying to learn how to run the asylum while i actually try to get work done. SMH.

Posted via Moto Maxx

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

This reminds me of a story i tell often. About 10 years ago, i was going on one round of the job interviews that landed me my current gig. So i do own a black trenchcoat. For my interview wear i pull out my grey suit, solid shirt, subtle black and white tie, my trenchcoat (as it was during winter), my black leather gloves and my executive folder.

So after the interview is done and I'm on the train, i see this older white man look over at me with a once over and started talking to me. He said a few things to "test me" (we talked some business related topics) and i felt him relax more as the conversation went on.

Here's the takeaway:

1) He wasn't used to seeing well dressed, articulate brown folks.

2) The ones he knows always assumed that they're trying to be businessmen.

3) If i was in my regular gear he would t have approached me.

4) If i wasn't in a good mood as i had just closed the job, i wouldn't have talked back to his nappy ***.

Hecwasnt dressed up either, and that's why i never forget this story. "So you walked over to try to drop knowledge on me based on how i look - like i only was dressed up but not actually articulate - and by the time you left I was schooling you in a manner that fit how you were dressed? That's so sad, especially here in the great NYC..."

There's ways the strong undercut or race and ethnicity troubles that will longer over this country until everyone decides to do thr difficult work of checking their **** st the door and working through their **** so we all have a fighting chance to truly grow as a nation.

Posted via Moto Maxx

Same thing with nationalities in Balkans.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Got back from the school. Have some stuff to around the house and then I'm off to study Physics.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Mr. West is "high on his own supply". I genuinely think he feels he has to be so much of his own hype man and stay in the limelight by any means necessary because of how hard he has to work to get here.

They like 'em "uniquely controversial" here in 'Murica...

Posted via Moto Maxx

It wasn't a train wreck, more like a fender bender. :p

His thoughts were all over the place and not overly coherent. He didn't say anything bad just didn't have much of a pure line of thought. Like he was struggling getting his thoughts in order and failing miserably.

If he would have put things together better it would have been great. Unfortunately it seemed more like gibberish with some ego thrown in.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So Walmart has an ethic hair section in their store near you too?

Posted via Moto Maxx

We do have Walmart here but under a different name. I often wonder if/when they'll ever change it over to Walmart.

I don't recall any of the large stores here using that terminology though. I may be wrong.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
So, i guess Sony has launched their US prices for the new X line.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Sony...tes-for-the-new-Xperia-X-and-XA-lines_id81646

They screwed up all the prices. Especially the X and X performance. The XA needed to be $20 cheaper, along with the XA Ultra. I'd have been fine with the XA and XA Ultra's prices if they were water resistant, but the only water resistant phone in this list is the x performance.

Oh Sony, back to overpricing so people don't buy your **** again, i see...

Posted via Moto Maxx

And this was confirmed by the Xperia X review i just read on Android Central. Same old ****, just a different line. Seriously. The Z5 is a better buy at this point...SMH...

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It wasn't a train wreck, more like a fender bender. :p

His thoughts were all over the place and not overly coherent. He didn't say anything bad just didn't have much of a pure line of thought. Like he was struggling getting his thoughts in order and failing miserably.

If he would have put things together better it would have been great. Unfortunately it seemed more like gibberish with some ego thrown in.

Well, that's his brand now...that's the sad part. People expect a train wreck all the time and he doesn't deliver and is only a train wreck when not expected.

I used to really like his music because of his word okay and grasp on certain topics, but I'm more ho-hum on him now. It's just easier to listen to his old stuff instead...

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

We do have Walmart here but under a different name. I often wonder if/when they'll ever change it over to Walmart.

I don't recall any of the large stores here using that terminology though. I may be wrong.

I was just floored when i saw it, so i had to take a picture and talk about it here.

Posted via Moto Maxx

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

And this was confirmed by the Xperia X review i just read on Android Central. Same old ****, just a different line. Seriously. The Z5 is a better buy at this point...SMH...

Posted via Moto Maxx

Yeah I'm quite disappointed overall with what they're doing. I don't get where their heads are at. Too expensive and not enough to want to buy one.

They need a master class in making phones I think. Their overall design is good but they need to change it up a bit.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yeah I'm quite disappointed overall with what they're doing. I don't get where their heads are at. Too expensive and not enough to want to buy one.

They need a master class in making phones I think. Their overall design is good but they need to change it up a bit.

Their heads are still stuck up their asses, as usual. I mean, at this point I'd take a Z5 because it's an upgrade camera wise to the Maxx, but it's not that much of an upgrade really.

Got an offer to get one recently and i passed on it.

Posted via Moto Maxx

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Their heads are still stuck up their asses, as usual. I mean, at this point I'd take a Z5 because it's an upgrade camera wise to the Maxx, but it's not that much of an upgrade really.

Got an offer to get one recently and i passed on it.

Posted via Moto Maxx

Checked the pricing and Sony will sell even less devices than Lumia in the USA with that kind of pricing, $700 for a phone with Snapdragon 820? Even S7 sells for less than that....

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Checked the pricing and Sony will sell even less devices than Lumia in the USA with that kind of pricing, $700 for a phone with Snapdragon 820? Even S7 sells for less than that....

Truth is, Sony doesn't need a lesson in manufacturing. They're just like HTC...fix the camera, price it appropriately, and they're in better shape. There wasn't anything inherently wrong with the Z series other than lacking that stand out feature as to why to buy the phones in the first place.

I think the XA at $250 is a nice buy. I think for who it is targeted at, the XA Ultra with the newer chips from MediaTek with their Quick Charge at $350 is a nice get. I could even excuse the XA Ultra at the current configuration at $350.

But the X needed to be at $400 with the X performance in that $550. Even the HTC 10 is $50-100 more expensive than it needs to be. I'd love to see that phone sell in at the $500-$550 range.

Sony just doesn't get it, and so they won't sell much units again.

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I actually don't mind MSFT killing off the Lumia line and having less phone and focusing on showcasing the OS. Keep it to 4 phones: 1 entry level, 1 mid range, 1 flagship, 1 phablet.

My thing is if they do this, the software updates have to happen at a fast and furious pace...

Posted via Moto Maxx

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I actually don't mind MSFT killing off the Lumia line and having less phone and focusing on showcasing the OS. Keep it to 4 phones: 1 entry level, 1 mid range, 1 flagship, 1 phablet.

My thing is if they do this, the software updates have to happen at a fast and furious pace...

Posted via Moto Maxx

I agree I don't mind it but I preferred the Lumia name since it was different. That's just me. I think updates will come fast. There is always a new update every month. That's faster than all of android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss