WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I agree I don't mind it but I preferred the Lumia name since it was different. That's just me. I think updates will come fast. There is always a new update every month. That's faster than all of android

Not just to the core OS, but also to the native apps. They must use the hardware as a showcase as to what could be done, which is what the surface line is doing so well at.

Posted via Moto Maxx

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

So Walmart has an ethic hair section in their store near you too?

Posted via Moto Maxx

I spotted a bit of sarcasm there.

No, I wasn't reffering to that, but the suit thing. Same ridicolous thing is going on here, people of different nationalities have some serious prejudice about each other, just like that old man in your case.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Taking a brake from studying. It's only 30 pages, nothing in compare to that 120 pages in Psychology.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Speaking of huge number of pages. I had to learn like 240 pages is Bosnian, both literature and grammar. I skipped both the studying part of it and the part where I have to go to class and do the test. I'm just too young to be worried about that crap. I have a college in a few years, worries can wait.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I was just floored when i saw it, so i had to take a picture and talk about it here.

Posted via Moto Maxx
That's the dumbest thing that I've seen, but I've seen it in stores here. I'm not sure about Walmart, since I haven't shopped for hair products in Walmart in years.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

No, I wasn't reffering to that, but the suit thing. Same ridicolous thing is going on here, people of different nationalities have some serious prejudice about each other, just like that old man in your case.
Yeah but on the bus you at least can't notice if one is Bosnian or Serbian.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Yeah but on the bus you at least can't notice if one is Bosnian or Serbian.

Exactly. That's what I was saying. Let me explain since it seems that I hadn't been clear.
You're in the bus, guy approaches you and asks you about your name. As you already know name is almost certain indicator of nationality/religion here. He gets surprised hearing your name, 'cause he understands that you're Bosniak/muslim. And then he starts talking to you how he had never seen nicely dressed muslim, or whatever the case is.

Hope it's a bit more clear now :)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's been happening from before Christmas was born. It's so engrained into human DNA it seems. My other point from bringing this up was the same I've made at a few workshops with teenage males:

Racism exists everywhere, especially in a place like NYC. As long as you live in 'Murica, you'll run into it...it'll just be more subtle in some places than others, sadly.

'Murica has shown it's simply not ready to tackle improving ethnic relationships within its borders on a national scale. Yes, many people do what it necessary to take care of this on a small group/1-1 level, but realistically speaking, that's not enough...

Posted via Moto Maxx

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Exactly. That's what I was saying. Let me explain since it seems that I hadn't been clear.
You're in the bus, guy approaches you and asks you about your name. As you already know name is almost certain indicator of nationality/religion here. He gets surprised hearing your name, 'cause he understands that you're Bosniak/muslim. And then he starts talking to you how he had never seen nicely dressed muslim, or whatever the case is.

Hope it's a bit more clear now :)
Wut, that's a thing now? No one here would ask you what's your name if they don't know you(elderly people often forget your name 😂 ).

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's the dumbest thing that I've seen, but I've seen it in stores here. I'm not sure about Walmart, since I haven't shopped for hair products in Walmart in years.

You can see some dumb stuff in Walmart very easily, not only from staff and management to customers too. If you ever pop into a walmart, ask for the perm products for your hair and let us know:

1) what the staff person's reaction was

2) if the aisle was set up similarly to the picture i took.

I'm sure they'll give you a look and the aisle will look the same as the picture...

Posted via Moto Maxx

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

You can see some dumb stuff in Walmart very easily, not only from staff and management to customers too. If you ever pop into a walmart, ask for the perm products for your hair and let us know:

1) what the staff person's reaction was

2) if the aisle was set up similarly to the picture i took.

I'm sure they'll give you a look and the aisle will look the same as the picture...

Posted via Moto Maxx
I'm sure that is the case, sadly.

You're absolutely right about perms. The process is the same whether the end result is making hair curly or straight. The difference is how it is styled after applying the chemicals. Harsh chemicals are bad for hair and especially bad for skin. Some products have harsher chemicals than others.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm sure that is the case, sadly.

You're absolutely right about perms. The process is the same whether the end result is making hair curly or straight. The difference is how it is styled after applying the chemicals. Harsh chemicals are bad for hair and especially bad for skin. Some products have harsher chemicals than others.

Agreed.

It's just that on an ethnic level, the pursuit of straight hair as a form of a certain type of beauty has just been damaging for so long on some levels. Yet another hold over experience...

At the end of the day, a woman should be free to style her hair as she chooses. It is just comical and sad Walmart has to have an "ethnic hair" section.

Posted via Moto Maxx

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Agreed.

It's just that on an ethnic level, the pursuit of straight hair as a form of a certain type of beauty has just been damaging for so long on some levels. Yet another hold over experience...

At the end of the day, a woman should be free to style her hair as she chooses. It is just comical and sad Walmart has to have an "ethnic hair" section.

Posted via Moto Maxx
Oh, I agree!

There are definitely much more important issues than how someone wishes to style her hair. It's her hair. She should wear it in whatever style she considers attractive.

"Ethnic" is a stupid category. Every person on earth has an ethnicity.

All perm products should just be in the same aisle without any different labels. Shoppers will know which products they want.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Oh, I agree!

There are definitely much more important issues than how someone wishes to style her hair. It's her hair. She should wear it in whatever style she considers attractive.

"Ethnic" is a stupid category. Every person on earth has an ethnicity.

All perm products should just be in the same aisle without any different labels. Shoppers will know which products they want.

They should just call it hair care and put all the stuff in 1-2 aisles. But that's the common sense solution to things...

Posted via Moto Maxx

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Laura, how's your X Pure Edition doing? Would you recommend it to folks?

Posted via Moto Maxx
It's doing great! I would recommend it.

I believe the first one was defective from the start because it ran rather hot (around 100-115?F). I didn't send it back initially, since people mentioned having similar temperatures on the AC forums. It went back when it completely died after I watched a YouTube video.

The new one runs much cooler. The hottest it ever got was 100?F, but it usually runs around 75-90?F.
Screenshot_20160531-155542.jpg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It's doing great! I would recommend it.

I believe the first one was defective from the start because it ran rather hot (around 100-115?F). I didn't send it back initially, since people mentioned having similar temperatures on the AC forums. It went back when it completely died after I watched a YouTube video.

The new one runs much cooler. The hottest it ever got was 100?F, but it usually runs around 75-90?F.
View attachment 126979

Interesting. I've always thought about the X Pure Edition, but felt it was a little too large for my taste. Perhaps I'm still in that mood to get rid of my Maxx...lol.

I think I'd prefer the X Force instead (known as the Droid Turbo 2 here), but it is too hard to find and too expensive...

Posted via Moto Maxx

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077