WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I hope this cute girl will be going again. Last time, I invited her for an ice cream, we were about to leave the caffe and guess what, her friend joined us and thus became a third wheel. I don't know she realised that. I hope she doesn't do the same thing again.

Hope you come back with a happier ending this time around!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I should go see a play some time soon. I've been wanting to see The Book of Mormon for some time. There's a couple others I wouldn't mind seeing as well.

Same here, haven't seen one in ages. Actually about 10 odd years ago, I would go see plays in my mother tongue in the USA of all places. I grew up watching a lot of plays - my dad's friend was a producer/director and so we got a lot of free invites. Also acted in quite a few of them till the last year in college. Nostalgia...it's a funny business.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Ed, check slickdeals, there was a nice external one for a fairly reasonable price a couple of days ago....

This looks like a pretty "Slick" deal... an internal Blu-ray burner for 40 bucks ... that's about the same price as a regular DVD burner locally!

Asus 16x Black Internal SATA Blu-ray Burner w/ 3D + BD-XL & M-DISC Support for $39.99 AR, Asus USB 3.0 Desktop External 12x Blu-Ray Writer for $48.99 AR + S&H & More @ Newegg.com - Slickdeals.net

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

So this is a slightly different slant along the lines of exploring how race and hidden conscious bias works...Heard the story today morning on the drive to work. I like this series because the social science correspondent actually finds scientific papers / authors to drive a point home. Fascinating stuff from a race, social science and of course statistical (my true inner geek) viewpoint!

Study: Judges Treat Juveniles Of The Same Race As Themselves More Harshly : NPR

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

You need to stop looking at new devices! NOW!

I can look... doesn't mean I'll buy...I'm curious to see 3 mid-range priced flagship:

1) Xiaomi Mi 5
2) ZTE Axon 7
3) Zuk Z2

Not as curious about One plus 3, but it gets an honorable mention.

Posted via Moto Maxx

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I can look... doesn't mean I'll buy...I'm curious to see 3 mid-range priced flagship:

1) Xiaomi Mi 5
2) ZTE Axon 7
3) Zuk Z2

Not as curious about One plus 3, but it gets an honorable mention.

Posted via Moto Maxx

The first one on the list should show up once Xiaomi cleans up a bug plaguing their International version with the Play Store (according to my source). The second one is a bit difficult to come by from my regular channels. I am hoping that the Zuk Z2 does show up via my source. I might get a OP3 to try only if it has NFC, otherwise I will pass on it just liked I passed on the OP2.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The first one on the list should show up once Xiaomi cleans up a bug plaguing their International version with the Play Store (according to my source). The second one is a bit difficult to come by from my regular channels. I am hoping that the Zuk Z2 does show up via my source. I might get a OP3 to try only if it has NFC, otherwise I will pass on it just liked I passed on the OP2.

If my memory is correct, ZTE sold the Axon Pro line pretty easily last year. It was a really underrated device big on audio and so-so on camera. If the camera is good this year (Sony sensor), it would be a nice get assuming they do it for the $450...

Posted via Moto Maxx

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Hate what you don't know, fear what you don't (care to) understand. That's how racism gas always been...

Posted via Moto Maxx

That's exactly the thing here. People just don't want to know about each other and that's what's causing gaps between nationalities, which again leeds to conflicts. Stupid conflicts. People are more worried about gay parades, about bad things people who are not their religion have done. They try to deal with issues that don't really deserve attention. Instead they could focus on choosing a better leadership on next elections. But that won't happen. Politrickians (see what I did there, slowly absorbing Jamaican slang :D) buy people for a piece of bread and water, literally.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I keep forgetting that I need to buy another DVD drive for the PC. (Remember I lost those two hard drives and my DVD burner a while back when I upgraded my video card and my PSU decided to show its a$$... ) Maybe I'll get a blue ray burner this time. IDK.. I keep forgetting about it because discs are becoming obsolete evidently. New software and games are all "digital downloads" nowadays.. The only time I really think about it is when someone requests a movie burned or I feel the need to install an older game or program.

I bought an LG one like, 10 years ago. It still works like a charm.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb