WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

There is 2 roundabouts here in Chico. When I started to learn how to drive I hated roundabouts now I think they are alright

I still can't drive, but I never had problems understanding them. I love to watch people getting stuck in those, lol.

groady-ho baluzy

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
In the sticks was a term used more around upstate NY area...nice to hear that you use in in TN as well :)

Actually we moved from Colorado when I was young to Brookfield Ct. The term the sticks was used a lot there also. Guess I never lost my Northeastern slang, haha. Wicked, you guys, pop were all NE terms/words we all used there frequently.
my brother just recently retired and moved from Poughkeepsie to Colorado to join my 3 sisters who have been there since the early 80's.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Actually we moved from Colorado when I was young to Brookfield Ct. The term the sticks was used a lot there also. Guess I never lost my Northeastern slang, haha. Wicked, you guys, pop were all NE terms/words we all used there frequently.
my brother just recently retired and moved from Poughkeepsie to Colorado to join my 3 sisters who have been there since the early 80's.

I had a coworker who lived way upstate NY and commuted to Glens Falls for work and she would say that she lives in the sticks, that is where I picked that term up back in 2006!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Interesting video:

1) Impressed that there were no liquor stores on your route!
2) 99 would be impressed at how the traffic looked...if it was like this in downtown LA, he'd do cartwheels...

Posted via Moto Maxx
We don't have liquor stores here. You just go to a shop to buy it. :)

I do pass a few more known places when I get closer to home. I was pretty green with the recording software. I plan to try again.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

so do you drive on the right or wrong side of the road to many twists and turns I got confused
There is no right or wrong side.

You should be able to tell. My left turns are like your right turns and my right turns are like your left.

Also when I enter a motorway I enter from the left and pass people on the right.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

There is no right or wrong side.

You should be able to tell. My left turns are like your right turns and my right turns are like your left.

Also when I enter a motorway I enter from the left and pass people on the right.

That is so new to me! I know i would have a hard time adjusting if I were to drive in the UK.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That is so new to me! I know i would have a hard time adjusting if I were to drive in the UK.
Didn't you ever watch Top Gear?

I thought I would have difficulty but I got used to it.

There's a bit more adjustment if you drive manual as the gearbox is on the left.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Lots of roundabouts here. I almost prefer then to lights.

I'll see if I can find the picture of the 'giant' roundabout.

I think roundabouts would be harder to put here in Northern California since roundabouts are for smaller cars. I can't see a lifted truck or a semi driving around a roundabout.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Didn't you ever watch Top Gear?

I thought I would have difficulty but I got used to it.

There's a bit more adjustment if you drive manual as the gearbox is on the left.

Yeah I watch top gear USA haha and a bit of uk top gear. I don't remember seeing as much roundabouts as you shown in your video.

As for the gearbox .... What !?!? On the left. That's crazy o_O

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

I think roundabouts would be harder to put here in Northern California since roundabouts are for smaller cars. I can't see a lifted truck or a semi driving around a roundabout.
Trucks can drive in roundabout here, it's true that I don't know how big your trucks are.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Yeah I watch top gear USA haha and a bit of uk top gear. I don't remember seeing as much roundabouts as you shown in your video.

As for the gearbox .... What !?!? On the left. That's crazy o_O
Where else would you put the shifter? On the door? Only thing that would really be problematic can be in traffic when you are constantly changing between first and second gear which are now furthest from you unlike here or in USA.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss