WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Okay to gag order has been lifted. The company is going to shut down manufacturing operations where I work and move production to Ireland and Puerto Rico. In other words, in 18 odd months, I will most likely be out of a job.

Tough break - very sorry to hear that. Still, your game is good enough where you'll bounce back...and take advantage of the next best opportunity for you soon.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. The winds of change are blowing very hard through where I work...many of the longer tenured vets are leaving...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Sahib, this next Copa match, I'm rooting for Mexico...to get a draw. In all fairness, I'd love a loss, but I'm practical here. I wish we had beaten Venezuela, but that's life.

groady-ho baluzy

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
Morning folks. The winds of change are blowing very hard through where I work...many of the longer tenured vets are leaving...

Good morning! Just curious, are they leaving on their own accord, or are they being forced out to save the company some money?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Good morning! Just curious, are leaving in their own accord, or are they being forced out to save the company some money?

There's people at my work with 30+ years....

In the 9 years I've been here, about 90% of the staff has turned over. Because I work in a medical facility, attrition is expected. But because I work in a youth friendly medical facility, stability is important for the patients. Obviously, management doesn't value this as much as they should.

We have a ton of people here who've been here under 2 years. We have very few people over 5 years,and and even smaller group in the 2-5 year range. People are leaving because of management in most cases...the work is grinding itself with the youth and the place is in transition.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Just one more day of school. Only situation with Latin is left to be seen. Should be a final A, but I'm not going to jump to a connclusion. My average is 4.6 at the momen, if everything goes as planned with Latin, it will be 4.7, more than good.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

In the 9 years I've been here, about 90% of the staff has turned over. Because I work in a medical facility, attrition is expected. But because I work in a youth friendly medical facility, stability is important for the patients. Obviously, management doesn't value this as much as they should.

We have a ton of people here who've been here under 2 years. We have very few people over 5 years,and and even smaller group in the 2-5 year range. People are leaving because of management in most cases...the work is grinding itself with the youth and the place is in transition.

I'm not really here today as my job has decided to send me to a conference last minute to cover for my supervisor in their usual disjointed, disorganized manner. Got to sort that stuff out now.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Hour interview, that's always fun. The tips I'm giving is assuming this is a decent size company.

Did they mention how many people will be interviewing you? That's always good to know. I'm used to typically two people.

If it's an HR person than don't expect a technical interview. It also won't be a great interview either. HR people are the worse interviewers from experience.

Here's the main tips.

Be early, not too early, about 5-10 minutes. If you're too early you'll start to feel awkward and probably increase your nervousness.

Ensure you dress appropriately for the position you're applying for but dress smartly regardless.

Know the company you're applying for. Learn about their values. Their style of working, etc. Use their website as a means of finding out about them.

Use LinkedIn to find out about the people interviewing you if they're on there.

Have questions prepared to ask them, about work environment, etc. Don't ask about pay, unless they bring it up. Very important.

Have prepared answers ready but don't blurt things out. Listen to the questions carefully. Take a breath, than answer if you can. There's no need to rush. Speak slowly and calmly.

Realise that the person interviewing you is probably not a fan of interviews either so as they evaluate you, you evaluate them.

I agree with not lying, that's never a good idea. More importantly, don't provide negative answers to questions. Even the question, "what is your weakness" should be turned into a positive. It should also be a answer suitable for the position you're applying for.

It's only natural to be nervous. I've done a lot of interviews and I still get a touch nervous doing them.

My final bit of advice is this. It's your first interview for your first full time job. You're going to put a lot of emphasis on how important this is for you and wanting to get this job. That will stress you out more than the actual interview. Just realise that this is one step of many.

Get some good sleep, prepare your things the night before, get there early, learn from the experience regardless what the outcome is.

The lady on the phone didn't say the size but from the email I got in assuming it's going to be 2 people.
These are all really good tip and I didn't even think about! Thanks rue

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Sahib, this next Copa match, I'm rooting for Mexico...to get a draw. In all fairness, I'd love a loss, but I'm practical here. I wish we had beaten Venezuela, but that's life.

I have a feeling Mexico will win but by one goal . Jamaica could of tied that game against Venezuela Had they not been down one player. I think Jamaica has the advantage here because they are coming here all pumped up and bouncing back from a loss. If Mexico isn't careful they will lose.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The lady on the phone didn't say the size but from the email I got in assuming it's going to be 2 people.
These are all really good tip and I didn't even think about! Thanks rue

Just be sure to follow them. Last thing you want to do is look like a stunned mullet. :p

Or a deer in headlights.

Or 'insert animal of choice' in headlights.

Simply put.... BE PREPARED!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm not really here today as my job has decided to send me to a conference last minute to cover for my supervisor in their usual disjointed, disorganized manner. Got to sort that stuff out now.

Better than being at the Funny Farm?

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Just be sure to follow them. Last thing you want to do is look like a stunned mullet. :p

Or a deer in headlights.

Or 'insert animal of choice' in headlights.

Simply put.... BE PREPARED!

I'm reviewing what I have. I think I have enough 😅. I'll know soon enough.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

So sleepy. I guess the pressure of finals is doing its thing and I don't really sleep that well these days. But it's final written exam tomorrow, physics. I think I know enough for B but again, I want A

groady-ho baluzy

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
You know that it's the Funny Farm who is trying to send me to this conference to cover for my supervisor but to now do so in an assbackwards manner...

Lmao. Sorry to hear. Been there.
Sounds like a pretty typical company to me. I was curious. Seems to me companies have far less loyalty to workers than they used to have. Almost treat workers as an afterthought. Back in my day good workers were valued and most paid as such. Having seniority was commonplace.
It's a new world and Damn glad I'm retired, well, except for the work I do on the side. Which of course I do on my own terms and discretion these days.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)