WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

School's over, yay. This summer won't be as 'free' as it was years before. I'll try to find a season job, gotta make some money for that trip to Spain.
I will try to find a job too, need to get some money for graphics card and phone. Well I want to get some money I will spend back

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I had no plans to get something new this year. My needs are different to MIA as well.

But you are correct that there's nothing I like.

Agreed. There's stuff out there that's interesting, but no necessarily anything out there that i have to have (hence why i haven't bought anything yet).

The market is too saturated at this point. And for OEMs, it'll only get worse...

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Slightly cold day in NYC. People are in jackets in mid-June. WTF?

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I should point out that's Northern Ireland as well. There's still a ban in the rest of Ireland.

It's a hangover from the 80s HIV scare and the idea that gay people get it more frequently. The high level of conservative values that were rampant during the 80s caused a lot of grief and still does today.

There's no logic behind the ban at all.

I've got a comment to make about this, but I'll save it until I get into work...

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Oh, managers...especially the ones where i work...they can do some Sahibism level stuff at times it's not even funny...

I swear, it requires a PhD in Assbackwardsness for them to be this good at making things more complicated than needed...

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I should point out that's Northern Ireland as well. There's still a ban in the rest of Ireland.

It's a hangover from the 80s HIV scare and the idea that gay people get it more frequently. The high level of conservative values that were rampant during the 80s caused a lot of grief and still does today.

There's no logic behind the ban at all.

It's dumb because gay men in monogamous relationships are a much lower risk for disease transmission than straight men and straight women with multiple partners.

So...

The CDC does have some solid grounds for the ban in the following context. If you look at population size and statistics, a gay man may be more likely to encounter a partner who is HIV+ simply because the numerical numbers of people in the LGBT community is smaller in comparison to the wider population. Now, the CDC can also make the argument there's concern for comorbid things like Hep C; also the window period for HIV, even though it is down to 3 weeks from exposure (at the earliest, i still caution patients that the time period is 1-3 months) is still not close enough - especially in a crisis situation like Orlando (medical liability issues)

But, i think that LGBT folks should have the same sort of freedom to donate blood as cisgender folks. There are LGBT people who are very good with their health and while pure numbers may say their risks are higher, especially among young people, there's enough evidence to back up Laura's point. A lot of this is politics but in a situation like this, I'd do it and try to do with the consequences later, especially since there is a shortage of a certain type of blood from what i last read.

Very sad...but other minorities went through this too...blacks dealt with this for a long time when the KKK used to firebomb homes and churches where large groups of folks died...don't think the Native Americans don't know about being on the end of mass killings as well. It's shocking because it is in 2016, but this is typical human behavior that hasn't really been addressed. Yes, they'll spin the possible ISIS connection, but for me, it is a hate crime executed in a massive way rather than a terrorist attack in the current definition.

Why i say is a hate crime? This is LGBT month here in the US. And there was another guy stopped at the LA pride armed and ready to shoot folks. So NYPD has to be out in force because we have one of the bigger parade marches here within the next two weeks.

Just sad all around...

Posted via Moto Maxx

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I knew it was coming. I knew that the first hint of news that Carmack was going to work for Oculus, the direction that everything was going. Back in the dawn of the first FPS games, that was the dream of every gamer. When VR headsets were merely being conceptualized... it was only a matter of time.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

On a related gaming note, I just bought Star Wars Battlefront on sale for $19.99 on Origin. Yeah baby!

Dug out my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick for the intense X-wing/Tie Fighter/Millennium Falcon dogfights that will ensue shortly!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

31vYd1Y2PDL.jpg

F T W

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I will try to find a job too, need to get some money for graphics card and phone. Well I want to get some money I will spend back

I'm going to have to work mainly to pay for the trip. If I make enough than I'll use the money to pay for the driver's licence and the trip will be left to parents to pay for. The ideal situatin would br if I could afford both by myself. But it remains to be seen.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I knew it was coming. I knew that the first hint of news that Carmack was going to work for Oculus, the direction that everything was going. Back in the dawn of the first FPS games, that was the dream of every gamer. When VR headsets were merely being conceptualized... it was only a matter of time.

From what I knew, he left id Software because the parent company didn't have any plans to release game for VR headsets, now it turns out to be a completelly different story. Oh well, good for you and the other folks who'll **** their pants for real next time they play Doom, lol.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

On a related gaming note, I just bought Star Wars Battlefront on sale for $19.99 on Origin. Yeah baby!

Dug out my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick for the intense X-wing/Tie Fighter/Millennium Falcon dogfights that will ensue shortly!

You managed to score soe pretty neat deals this year. Was it a free Divison? And now a 40$ save. Wish I had your luck when it comes to paying stuff.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte