WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

English is a horrid language. As long as you can be OK at it, you'll survive.

Posted via Moto Maxx
Accent will be always present at me so this is the problem. To be fair I will miss English. I liked it a lot and I think I learned lot during the class.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Full New Yorker mode in force...rolling through on a quick breakfast, then check-out, then to the training site.

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Accent will be always present at me so this is the problem. To be fair I will miss English. I liked it a lot and I think I learned lot during the class.

If English is your second language, accent will always be an issue. Don't ever worry about that.

Posted via Moto Maxx

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Ed, how much did you pay for your GTX 970?
$329 on sale.

Since the new cards came out (the GTX 1080/1070), the prices came down a little for the 900 series cards, but not by much... You can get an Nvidia GTX 970 reference card for $279 right now @Best Buy but the 3rd party vendor cards like my EVGA SSC, are still priced at $309 give or take a few bucks here or there.

I do have an itch to sell my GTX 970, and upgrade to a GTX 1080. I mean, I can run any game right now at 1080p rez, with all settings maxed out to ultra, and have a smooth and steady 60FPS. I really don't have any real "need" to upgrade anything at this time..

But... The performance numbers and specs of these new cards look SO damn good! lol When I finally decide to give in and get a 4K display is when it'll be time to upgrade, and where I'll "see" those performance improvements. The 4K display, and the VR headset as well. These are where I'll need that extra horsepower.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

$329 on sale.

Since the new cards came out (the GTX 1080/1070), the prices came down a little for the 900 series cards, but not by much... You can get an Nvidia GTX 970 reference card for $279 right now @Best Buy but the 3rd party vendor cards like my EVGA SSC, are still priced at $309 give or take a few bucks here or there.

I do have an itch to sell my GTX 970, and upgrade to a GTX 1080. I mean, I can run any game right now at 1080p rez, with all settings maxed out to ultra, and have a smooth and steady 60FPS. I really don't have any real "need" to upgrade anything at this time..

But... The performance numbers and specs of these new cards look SO damn good! lol When I finally decide to give in and get a 4K display is when it'll be time to upgrade, and where I'll "see" those performance improvements. The 4K display, and the VR headset as well. These are where I'll need that extra horsepower.

You're definetely going to need one of those new ones for 4K. It's going to suck your computer's blood.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

I must say with manual control you can get some epic shots wit LG G5.
b19d37592c3dc874693681f21d7531e3.jpg

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Why would that be a bad thing for you if you're planning to get Oculus? I mean, I understand exclusives situation and all the nonsense that comes with it, but you'd still get AAA games, so, not too bad in the end.

Well, here's the thing; the Oculus Rift started out as a Kickstarter crowd funded project for an open source VR "gaming" headset device. A lot of people invested tons of money for this thing to be developed, expecting a true open source VR gaming device that would run games and/or software from anyone who could develop for it.

With Facebook buying the whole thing, many that invested feel betrayed, and worry that the people that were working on it, may have lost their passion and drive once they have that 2 billion dollars.

Facebook, being a social media company, has always made its money from big data and ad revenue. So it's very likely that we'll see a "Facebook Rift store" front when you put the headset on, complete with ads and all. It'll be that "walled garden" type of platform where you can only run games that you purchase through Facebook. (It'll be like the iPhone of VR headsets!) ... This won't necessarily be a "bad" thing mind you; of course there will be fantastic AAA titles, and the money available for development will ensure that VR will become mainstream over the next few years...

But the open source aspect of it will be gone. We're not going to be able to do whatever we want with it. Yes, I use an iPhone and don't mind the "Walled Garden" for the best quality and premium experience that comes with it. But for my gaming, and other computing needs, I'll always use a Windows PC because I want to be able to do whatever I want with it.

It's really too early to tell, but I hope they don't mess with it too much. I don't want or need a "VR social tool" and I don't know how I feel about data being collected from my head and eye movement in association with what they happen to throw up on the "virtual screen" in front of my face.

I'll just have to wait and see how everything plays out. It's not like I'm buying one this week anyway... it'll be after the first of the year. By then, we'll have a better picture of what's really happening.

The HTC Vive does look just as amazing!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Sahib, it's a huge deal. The UK is one of the key members and serves as a counterbalancing weight to other prominent countries such as Germany. You really should look some of this stuff up...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
I've only partially looked it up because it was hard to decided what was fact and was was opinion.i figured I ask to be pointed into the right direction

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Well there's a lot to go over and I just don't have the time.

There's no precedence for a member state leaving the EU and the UK is a big player.

This whole exercise is a complete disaster brought on by in party fighting in the conservative party.

The thing is far right political groups are running the leave campaign for the most part. That's a major worry. They have no plan either other than getting out. They're using immigration as the key focus point.

The conservative party has always disliked the EU and has always talked bad about it. Statistically people are more likely to remember negative comments than good ones. The EU has never been good at promoting itself in the UK.

So it's little surprise that there's a lot of people who have misguided belief that the EU is to blame for all their problems and the UK will be a great place once we're out.
Alright that helps !

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

In other news, I forgot about the whole "Facebook buying Oculus Rift" thing... :/

There's a lot of talk about (particularly on Reddit) Facebook buying out game devs to have Oculus "exclusives" and such. Not sure what to think about all of that.

I'm now leaning back towards the HTC Vive.
A Farmville exclusive :p

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

So I'm going to Utah last minute for only a day to visit my grandma. This will be the first time meeting her. The only strange thing is that she wanted nothing to do with me or my sisters or my dad. She was opposed to my mom and dad getting married. So ill see how that goes

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Training is over! It was a very good experience. I'm on the train headed back to the city. And now i have the rest of the day to myself...ish. Probably will have to cook when i get in.

Posted via Moto Maxx

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Had an interesting meeting yesterday. If everything goes well it could mean excellent things at work for me.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

It was a very good eat. Back in the day i could wolf that down pretty solidly, but it was a little struggle. All in all, a quality eat indeed.

Posted via Moto Maxx
Being a Hispanic myself I have not made or eaten a good burrito in a long time. I think I will get one today

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

So much for drama at workplace after the big announcement last week. There have been so many fires that I cannot keep up trying to put them out....a totally crazy work environment especially this week.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte