WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Morning folks. I'm not in a good mood because i was voluntold (volunteer + told) to go to work today.

Therefore, I'm not in the mood for the regular office bull**** today.

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

As I mentioned to you a while back, you may need to compromise on what you want. I did jobs I wasn't interested in but I kept working because I had to. I had no free ride.

Motivation to work is a difficult thing to discuss because when I was younger it was a lot different. I've been working since I was 16. Simply because if I wanted anything I needed to get it myself. Things aren't really like that these days.

Sahib, be clear on the goals you have. Stay in tune with them - be honest with yourself when you have to make changes. The senior folks in the room can tell you that if you're not grounded in your goals and in tune with them, when adult life fully kicks in, you can end up with a ton of unhappiness to go along with a ton of responsibility.

There are opportunities that still value the type of attitude of working to achieve things on their own merit, instead of the seemingly pervasive "sense of entitlement because i exist" attitude of some of your peers. That attitude is the most nauseating thing i see on a daily basis from young people today.

If you need anymore motivation, here's some: you're a person of color in 'Murica. The system is STILL designed to exploit and subjugate you. Therefore, you've got to grab it by the throat, figure out how it works and manipulate it to take care of you and your family.

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. I'm not in a good mood because i was voluntold (volunteer + told) to go to work today.

Therefore, I'm not in the mood for the regular office bull**** today.

Posted via Moto Maxx

The work day started out like a cluster****...but once things picked up steam, everything ran like a oiled machine. Thank the heavens I'm off on Monday, or else I'd flip out on my supervisor...

Posted via Moto Maxx

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

The work day started out like a cluster****...but once things picked up steam, everything ran like a oiled machine. Thank the heavens I'm off on Monday, or else I'd flip out on my supervisor...

Posted via Moto Maxx

Same here.. I've got one more double shift to get through tomorrow (Fathers Day) and then I'm off Monday. Whew... today was a long day!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Sahib, be clear on the goals you have. Stay in tune with them - be honest with yourself when you have to make changes. The senior folks in the room can tell you that if you're not grounded in your goals and in tune with them, when adult life fully kicks in, you can end up with a ton of unhappiness to go along with a ton of responsibility.

There are opportunities that still value the type of attitude of working to achieve things on their own merit, instead of the seemingly pervasive "sense of entitlement because i exist" attitude of some of your peers. That attitude is the most nauseating thing i see on a daily basis from young people today.

If you need anymore motivation, here's some: you're a person of color in 'Murica. The system is STILL designed to exploit and subjugate you. Therefore, you've got to grab it by the throat, figure out how it works and manipulate it to take care of you and your family.

Posted via Moto Maxx
To clear things up a bit. I wasn't trying to discourage him. I was pointing out that he may need to take a different route to where he wants to get to. Nothing more.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I have a question , well multiple questions. How long did you have to wait to get a job? Did you feel discouraged after going though multiple interviews and not getting the position? If not what helped you get through it?
To add to my previous points.

Interviews are deceptive for a reason. You shouldn't assume anything.

I'm not a fan of group interviews like you went to where there were lots of people applying for whatever amount of positions. I'd personally approach companies instead of doing that again.

Multistage interviews are common. The key thing is practice. Don't get discouraged with not making it through to the next round. Try to think what happened with it, learn and try again.

The learning part is the key factor. If need be find someone to practice interviewing with.

If you don't learn from the experience then you're doing something wrong and won't move forward.

Don't worry about when, concentrate on the what and where.

Last edited:

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I'm back lol I'd reply to everyone but I'm running on 6 hours of sleep and 17% of battery and I'm still not near a charger port lol.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Morning crew!

Happy Father's Day to you dads out there! (My kids got me a new DVD burner for my PC :D )

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss