WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

To clear things up a bit. I wasn't trying to discourage him. I was pointing out that he may need to take a different route to where he wants to get to. Nothing more.

Never said you were discouraging him. My comments were building on the premise you just stated. So if he has to go a different route, he's got to be grounded in his goals as it's easy to get lost in the sauce of things.

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Happy Father's day to all, especially to 99, Ed and the other regulars here who are dads...

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

To add to my previous points.

Interviews are deceptive for a reason. You shouldn't assume anything.

I'm not a fan of group interviews like you went to where there were lots of people applying for whatever amount of positions. I'd personally approach companies instead of doing that again.

Multistage interviews are common. The key thing is practice. Don't get discouraged with not making it through to the next round. Try to think what happened with the it, learn and try again.

The learning part is the key factor. If need be find someone to practice interviewing with.

If you don't learn from the experience then you're doing something wrong and won't move forward.

Don't worry about when, concentrate on the what and where.

YouTube has some resources on interview tips, if Sahib is a visual learner. He can also tape his own practice interviews too, as sometimes nothing beats the instant visual feedback a video can provide. The only other thing i'd add here is if you walk in not confident, you won't have a chance.

Posted via Moto Maxx

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

YouTube has some resources on interview tips, if Sahib is a visual learner. He can also tape his own practice interviews too, as sometimes nothing beats the instant visual feedback a video can provide. The only other thing i'd add here is if you walk in not confident, you won't have a chance.

Posted via Moto Maxx
Main point would be not to let your guard down. Really good interviewers can make you feel too comfortable and it only takes a small thing to trip you up. Probably what that last guy did with you.

If you haven't got any feedback yet ask for some. You can't change what you don't know. Of course every interview situation is different but any feedback is better than none.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Hey Laura!

Looks like you've got a championship parade to attend...what a win by LeBron and what a choke job by Golden State...

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
The new phone itch has not gone away. I'd like to get the G5 or OP3 at the end of the year, but the OP3 lacks a SD slot (really wish it was a dual SIM hybrid) and there are still lingering build quality concerns about the G5.

Man, it is hard to find something good these days...

Posted via Moto Maxx

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Still, i do like my Maxx. I was tempted to get a Nextbit Robin, but I'll pass. It's a nice phone and while the hardware internals are somewhat similar between the Maxx and Robin, i don't see it as a clear upgrade.

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The new phone itch has not gone away. I'd like to get the G5 or OP3 at the end of the year, but the OP3 lacks a SD slot (really wish it was a dual SIM hybrid) and there are still lingering build quality concerns a out the G5.

Posted via Moto Maxx

I really did enjoy my G4 experience and am tempted to get another one...i think LG is still very underrated, but are shooting themselves in the foot with some of their choices...

Posted via Moto Maxx

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Hey Laura!

Looks like you've got a championship parade to attend...what a win by LeBron and what a choke job by Golden State...

Posted via Moto Maxx
I'm unbelievably happy now! No Cleveland team had ever won anything in my lifetime until now.

This was also an historic win, since it's the first time a team down 3-1 has ever won.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

The new phone itch has not gone away. I'd like to get the G5 or OP3 at the end of the year, but the OP3 lacks a SD slot (really wish it was a dual SIM hybrid) and there are still lingering build quality concerns a out the G5.

Posted via Moto Maxx
I played with the G5 at a Verizon store a week ago and thought it was nice. If it was me, I'd get the V10, though, since the V10 has a bigger screen. I never thought I'd like phones with big screens but now I do. I still don't like big bezels, but the V10 has almost no bezels at the sides.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Man, going from 40C to under 20C is hard on the body. :p It's also raining which doesn't help. :/

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Posted via Moto Maxx
Don't mention it. I forgot about Nexus 5X, until I checked prices yesterday. It's down to 280?. Sure I'm compromising again but I feel like I'm compromising with anything I buy. LG G5 is nice but lacks AMOLED, I love Nexus 6P but it's big and has older not so powerful processor, with OP3 the problems are Camera, FPS on front and screen, S7 is too expensive and I don't really like the design that much. Sure with 5X I'm compromising on camera, screen, performance, build but I'm saving 120? even compared with OP3 and 200? against G5. Oh yeah don't know about HTC 10, seems almost perfect but for that money? I don't think so...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb