WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I watched videos where they said that output that was coming from USB was way more clear than from 3.5mm jack.

Digital vs. Analog. I used to make iPod connectors that bypasses the analog out and takes the digital out to feed a DAC.

Unless their headphones have a built-in DAC, it's just marketing.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

That's very unlikely since I'm not a fan of those. I attended English competition back in elementary and said I'll never do it again. Guess why.
No I meant you will be my competition for jobs and that if you are going to study the same thing as I will :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So, boring week behind me. Had nothing to post about so I stayed quiet. Went to school today to get my diploma, cerificate, whatever. Average is 4.7 as I already told you guys, not bad. Though I'll have to do better next year since I plan to go to electrical engineering college, and man they have strict standards.
Not to put a damper on your plans or anything but why electrical? Why engineering is another...

Electrical is the least paid engineering group of the bunch and has the highest level of technical ability.

As for engineering, it's not like it used to be, at least from a work standpoint. It's more about money than about design 95% of the time. I guess it depends where you get a job I suppose. But it's all from an accountant perspective these days.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Not to put a damper on your plans or anything but why electrical? Why engineering is another...

Electrical is the least paid engineering group of the bunch and has the highest level of technical ability.

As for engineering, it's not like it used to be, at least from a work standpoint. It's more about money than about design 95% of the time. I guess it depends where you get a job I suppose. But it's all from an accountant perspective these days.
When I was in university, I knew a guy from another nearby university who was studying electrical engineering. He was in a local rock band at the time. He works as a soundman at a club nowadays.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

When I was in university, I knew a guy from another nearby university who was studying electrical engineering. He was in a local rock band at the time. He works as a soundman at a club nowadays.

Well he'll have a good understanding of the equipment at least. :p

As you know I'm in the engineering industry as an electrical engineer... so I was just offering advise. :)

I work for a very large EPMC so that's why I said depends where you work. You're often in a situation where you can work for a smaller company and have a relatively enjoyable job but have low pay or you work for a larger company, make more money but the job can be quite dull.

A lot of grads we have currently are a bit concerned about gaining practical skills. Lots of times with large companies they expect you to take a hit to gain those skills as well. At least that's what I'm finding here in the UK anyway.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Well he'll have a good understanding of the equipment at least.
The other two guys in the band were also electrical engineers. Both of them moved out of state, and I don't know what they're doing now.

I've always liked music, so that would be my interest if I were an electrical engineer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss