WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Electrical Engineering was my course back in college, as my school at that time doesn't offer anything computer related.

I ended up in IT...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Electrical Engineering was my course back in college, as my school at that time doesn't offer anything computer related.

I ended up in IT...

I was hoping to do something similar. I took electronics but ended up in electrical.. not too far removed from each other but not exactly the same.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The other two guys in the band were also electrical engineers. Both of them moved out of state, and I don't know what they're doing now.

I've always liked music, so that would be my interest if I were an electrical engineer.

I've never thought of electrical engineering with music. More electronics.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I've always been interested in synthesizers, since I was a keyboard player. Dr Bob Moog was an electrical engineer. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Moog

Oh I'm not saying electrical engineers can't do music but when you learn about electronics engineering you learn about all those aspects of amplification, noise and so on. That does get covered in basic with electrical engineering but not to the same extent as electronics.

That's why I was saying that. I know people who took electrical engineering and when I mention what I took in my course they looked at me like I was speaking another language.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

No I meant you will be my competition for jobs and that if you are going to study the same thing as I will :)

Ooh, I get it now, lol. Well, I doubt it, since Slovenia is in EU and we're miles behind. Though I'll try to get out of here, maybe we'll meet somewhere in Germany :grin:

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Digital vs. Analog. I used to make iPod connectors that bypasses the analog out and takes the digital out to feed a DAC.

Unless their headphones have a built-in DAC, it's just marketing.

Well I don't know, I'll try to find a video, I think it was Lew from Unbox Therapy, not sure.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Not to put a damper on your plans or anything but why electrical? Why engineering is another...

Electrical is the least paid engineering group of the bunch and has the highest level of technical ability.

As for engineering, it's not like it used to be, at least from a work standpoint. It's more about money than about design 95% of the time. I guess it depends where you get a job I suppose. But it's all from an accountant perspective these days.

I may have expressed incorrectly. I mean something like IT. See here Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Sarajevo: ENGLISH. Check departments, Computer science and informatics.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I may have expressed incorrectly. I mean something like IT. See here Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Sarajevo: ENGLISH. Check departments, Computer science and informatics.

It looks very heavily IT based but I can't tell fully from descriptions if there's any electrical engineering components to it. I wouldn't call the person who graduated with that an electrical engineer.

It looks like a course for people who want to learn to design data centres, from what I can tell.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

It looks very heavily IT based but I can't tell fully from descriptions if there's any electrical engineering components to it. I wouldn't call the person who graduated with that an electrical engineer.

It looks like a course for people who want to learn to design data centres, from what I can tell.

I just noticed that English and Bosnian sites don't have the same content. Well there's a lot of stuff. These are the subjects, you can use Google translate if can't understand, Elektrotehni?ki fakultet Sarajevo: Ra?unarstvo i informatika

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I just noticed that English and Bosnian sites don't have the same content. Well there's a lot of stuff. These are the subjects, you can use Google translate if can't understand, Elektrotehni?ki fakultet Sarajevo: Ra?unarstvo i informatika

It still looks like a data centre course to me... don't take that the wrong way.

Nothing wrong with that but it's not electrical engineering as I know it.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Got the trip planned, tickets are all booked and all reservations have been made....now I am staring at a giant hole in my wallet :)

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

What..... Well that its sad
giphy.gif

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb