WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I'm still coming to terms with this whole exit from the EU.

The level of ignorance I've heard from leave people is quite shocking.

Also, if anyone is at all interested 60% of those 65+ voted to leave. In other words, the baby boomers once again decided to screw those younger than them.

This country is a mess, it truly is.

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Man you really don't like your supervisor. Isn't there a person that's above him, someone you can complain to?

1) Supervisor is a woman.

2) I don't dislike her personally. Her management style is as helpful wearing summer clothes during winter time. That's where my gripe is.

3) I didn't want to literally flip a desk, as much as it would make me feel better, because i work with mostly women at work if i do that it really doesn't help me.

4) Rue is right. My supervisor is just following the cultural habits established by her bosses (whom i know how they work very well). They're trying to ride her hard to get the work done and she's trying to ride us hard as she's eager to please being this is her 1st supervisor position ever.

5) Because management hasn't set a healthy culture to retain employees and aid in their development, I've seen people overworked not perform at their best. In a medical facility, that usually means being insensitive to patient's needs and speaking to patients in a seemingly cavalier and uncaring way. This is very hard to deal with when working with colleagues who are doing this (which makes my work infinitely hard to get done daily).

6) Management (including my supervisor) knows I'm getting a Master's and knows that means I'm leaving once that's completed. And in typical management fashion, they want to squeeze as much work out of me as they can before i leave.

And this is all in a middle of the pack run place...there are places run much better than where i work and there are some train wrecks masquerading as agencies that are infinitely worse than where i work.

Being an adult can be a real cluster**** at times.

Posted via Moto Maxx

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Oh well, since outside is over 30C and storm is shaping up I have time to do mini review of LG G5 :D

First, the good.
I like the size and general feel in the hand. Its size is spot on for me. It also isn't to heavy or light. The paint with which back is painted covers fingerprints like a champ, back is never dirty. And also it's not slippery at all so that is awesome. Screen is vibrant, especially for IPS panel. Only problem I have with it is the maximum brightness which could be better, it's not bad but could be better.
Speakers are really much better than I thought they would be. They are quite loud and sound is clear.
But the biggest pro is camera. From wideangle camera, manual control to great primary camera. Although with wideangle pics can sometimes look a bit distorted sometimes you get a great effect, just don't zoom into picture. Since it's only 8MP it lack detail. With manual control you can get some great pics if you have time to play with settings. Primary camera is awesome!! Lots of details, it's fast and generally makes great pictures. Only problem I have with camera is that automatic mode at night sometimes won't do what you want from it, but you have manual control anyway. Examples at the end of the post.
As expected running daily tasks is a breeze on this phone, even more demanding apps are not a problem, but it gets quite hot running them. 10 minutes of playing Asphalt 8 and you have a hot phone in your hands. Not all that uncomfortable but you can feel it.

The bad.
Volume buttons are too flush with phone and also to thin so you sometimes don't know which one you are hitting. Even bigger problem is fps. I like position of it, BUT it is smaller than on Nexus 5X and it failed me many times during review. Many times I would have to draw a pattern since it didn't recognise me. On Nexus it worked also with a bit wet fingers, not here. It also took more time to unlock, there was quite a lag couple of times when phone vibrated to show it recognised the fingerprint but than nothing happened for a second or two. Also the "chin" is made of plastic and is therefore different color than rest of the phone, nothing big but still.

So overall nice phone with some compromises. I didn't mention battery because it's average. Sometimes I get 4,5h, other day I get 3h. Depends what you do. Still, I would probably buy it :)
Pics
uploadfromtaptalk1466860766118.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1466860790218.jpguploadfromtaptalk1466860804961.jpguploadfromtaptalk1466860816538.jpguploadfromtaptalk1466860930821.jpg

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

First, supervisor is a woman. Second, in companies it's not that simple. Company politics is just as bad or worse than real politics.

Forgot it's a lady we're talking about. Well hospitals and other medic centers in Bosnia are in 90% cases owned by the country, so there would be more protection for workers I guess, unlike in MIA's case.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

1) Supervisor is a woman.

2) I don't dislike her personally. Her management style is as helpful wearing summer clothes during winter time. That's where my gripe is.

3) I didn't want to literally flip a desk, as much as it would make me feel better, because i work with mostly women at work if i do that it really doesn't help me.

4) Rue is right. My supervisor is just following the cultural habits established by her bosses (whom i know how they work very well). They're trying to ride her hard to get the work done and she's trying to ride us hard as she's eager to please being this is her 1st supervisor position ever.

5) Because management hasn't set a healthy culture to retain employees and aid in their development, I've seen people overworked not perform at their best. In a medical facility, that usually means being insensitive to patient's needs and speaking to patients in a seemingly cavalier and uncaring way. This is very hard to deal with when working with colleagues who are doing this (which makes my work infinitely hard to get done daily).

6) Management (including my supervisor) knows I'm getting a Master's and knows that means I'm leaving once that's completed. And in typical management fashion, they want to squeeze as much work out of me as they can before i leave.

And this is all in a middle of the pack run place...there are places run much better than where i work and there are some train wrecks masquerading as agencies that are infinitely worse than where i work.

Being an adult can be a real cluster**** at times.

Posted via Moto Maxx

So basically she's not a bad person, just acting like one because of a pressure that's beeing put onto her? You can't blame her then, you're both stuck in the same problem.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So basically she's not a bad person, just acting like one because of a pressure that's beeing put onto her? You can't blame her then, you're both stuck in the same problem.

Lots of people as supervisors are under more pressure than her and yet perform better. When she first started, within the first month, i saw very clearly that she does the "my way or the highway" approach. That's not a good look.

We're not in the same problem. I'm not stuck in the situation as i do have some choices.

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Forgot it's a lady we're talking about. Well hospitals and other medic centers in Bosnia are in 90% cases owned by the country, so there would be more protection for workers I guess, unlike in MIA's case.

Many non profits, including hospitals are taking a corporate approach to productivity. Still, office bull**** is office bull****, no matter the setting.

Posted via Moto Maxx

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Many non profits, including hospitals are taking a corporate approach to productivity. Still, office bull**** is office bull****, no matter the setting.

Posted via Moto Maxx

I get you. My dad's working in a country-owned company and he gets that kind of bull**** every day. From what I see, he sure doesn't like his boss that much, and it's a lady in his case too.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I get you. My dad's working in a country-owned company and he gets that kind of bull**** every day. From what I see, he sure doesn't like his boss that much, and it's a lady in his case too.

Some people (regardless of gender) try a bit too hard to flex their muscles when in a supervisor role. Some people try to do too much with regards to grabbing credit and making it appear that work is getting done because of them, instead of in spite of them. The GF's supervisor isn't that much better than mine...but she would NEVER swap supervisors with me. Ever.

My line to the GF that always gets her laughing on this topic:

"Your supervisor's an *****, but mine's an ***. I'd take yours any day of the week."

Posted via Moto Maxx

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Some people (regardless of gender) try a bit too hard to flex their muscles when in a supervisor role. Some people try to do too much with regards to grabbing credit and making it appear that work is getting done because of them, instead of in spite of them. The GF's supervisor isn't that much better than mine...but she would NEVER swap supervisors with me. Ever.

My line to the GF that always gets her laughing on this topic:

"Your supervisor's an *****, but mine's an ***. I'd take yours any day of the week."

Posted via Moto Maxx

It's a bit different in his case. She's expecting him to work over 10 hours a days, while he's obligated to do only 8. They've been short in staff for more than 3 years now and there's no theoretical way to do all the job they need in one day. This is what I meant as beeing ******* just because you have you, not because you want to.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Going to check out a few bikes tommorow. Haven't had those for years. Anyway, I'm going to need something to get me to the river very soon, and cycling will also come as an exercise too.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
It's a bit different in his case. She's expecting him to work over 10 hours a days, while he's obligated to do only 8. They've been short in staff for more than 3 years now and there's no theoretical way to do all the job they need in one day. This is what I meant as beeing ******* just because you have you, not because you want to.

That's no different in some ways than some of the **** my supervisor has pulled with last minute switches and throwing me extra work to do when we're short staffed. The saddest part is she cannot come into the clinic and see patients herself because she just doesn't know how the EMR (electronic medical record) fully works. She cannot provide me with any clinic supervision either to help me grow my clinical skills.

The thing is her bosses have given her too much do and expect it to be done. So instead of putting folks in a position to work smartly, she will micromanage. Plus, since I've been there much longer before her, she likes to flex her supervisor muscles with me...and I've gone over her head a few times whenever she abuses that. I do not go out of my way to assist her and she feels i don't like her (i just don't like how she manages, which is a big difference from me liking her as a person) because of that.

There's a way to bring people on board. She hasn't figured that out with me, and honestly, she never will.

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The new phone itch is still present. If all things were equal, I'd wield a silver LG G5 and a white Lumia 950 (I'd also buy one of the blue Mozo polycarbonate covers).

Posted via Moto Maxx

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss