WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I got a silver g5 and love it.
The silver one is nice. I played with a silver one last week at a Verizon store.

I also played with the V10.

If I were getting an LG, I'd probably get the V10, since it's a bit bigger. I never thought I'd like big phones, but the V10 felt good in my hand with the curved edges.

groady-ho baluzy

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site

The silver one is nice. I played with a silver one last week at a Verizon store.

I also played with the V10.

If I were getting an LG, I'd probably get the V10, since it's a bit bigger. I never thought I'd like big phones, but the V10 felt good in my hand with the curved edges.

Ya the v10 was really nice for sure but felt too heavy for me. The g5 is about 20+ grams lighter. Tbh I like it more than the 6p I had. Mine had nothing but trouble from day 1.
Never thought I would find an IR blaster useful but damn my lazy butt just got even lazier. Lol

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Ya the v10 was really nice for sure but felt too heavy for me. The g5 is about 20+ grams lighter. Tbh I like it more than the 6p I had. Mine had nothing but trouble from day 1.
Never thought I would find an IR blaster useful but damn my lazy butt just got even lazier. Lol

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
I guess I'm used to heavy phones because I had a 920. It weighed more than my Moto X Pure Edition.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I guess I'm used to heavy phones because I had a 920. It weighed more than my Moto X Pure Edition.

I liked the V10 myself, simply because the manual controls on the video mode of the camera. I'd like to see a dual 16MP camera setup on the V series phone, including returning the manual video mode...since the V series may be more for people who want to create content. Either way, it's too big for me these days. The only big phones I'd look at are either the Note 5 or OP3...maybe the X Pure Edition, but not so much.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I liked the V10 myself, simply because the manual controls on the video mode of the camera. I'd like to see a dual 16MP camera setup on the V series phone, including returning the manual video mode...since the V series may be more for people who want to create content. Either way, it's too big for me these days. The only big phones I'd look at are either the Note 5 or OP3...maybe the X Pure Edition, but not so much.

The camera is the other thing I like about the V10.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The new phone itch is still present. If all things were equal, I'd wield a silver LG G5 and a white Lumia 950 (I'd also buy one of the blue Mozo polycarbonate covers).

Posted via Moto Maxx

If I wanted to be cheap, I'd get a Nextbit Robin and a 950 instead.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

What about keeping the bass but adding some guitar as well?

Now that I've actually done a mixdown on it and listened to it on a few different players/devices, there's a few things I want to change and/or add. Look for a remix version coming soon! ;)

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

That's no different in some ways than some of the **** my supervisor has pulled with last minute switches and throwing me extra work to do when we're short staffed. The saddest part is she cannot come into the clinic and see patients herself because she just doesn't know how the EMR (electronic medical record) fully works. She cannot provide me with any clinic supervision either to help me grow my clinical skills.

The thing is her bosses have given her too much do and expect it to be done. So instead of putting folks in a position to work smartly, she will micromanage. Plus, since I've been there much longer before her, she likes to flex her supervisor muscles with me...and I've gone over her head a few times whenever she abuses that. I do not go out of my way to assist her and she feels i don't like her (i just don't like how she manages, which is a big difference from me liking her as a person) because of that.

There's a way to bring people on board. She hasn't figured that out with me, and honestly, she never will.

Posted via Moto Maxx

Your clinic reminds of the way our country works. Incapable people on positions they no nothing about bossing capable folks who should br on their positions and running the country. It seems that no matter where you are we're all stuck in a situation where we have to deal with the same sickness. Workers are beeig abused no matter which society it is.
Well, at least you're getting your masters soon and will have chance to change jobs.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

A little something for the young ones on here.

Being a person who's worked for a few years, in a lot of different companies and different countries I would like to help you with a couple of things.

When working you can have a variety of situations. Regardless of the culture of the workplace, a good supervisor and manager can make all the difference in how you feel there.

You can sometimes run into situations where you have only a good manager or a good supervisor. At worse, a bad one of each.

A good supervisor though does what they can to act as a buffer between you and upper management. A good manager acts as an even better buffer which allows their group get on with things.

When either of those fails, is when conflict results.

That's not taking into consideration the other aspects of office politics which is your co-workers.

So you can see where things can become very stressful in the wrong company. If you feel crap going to work you know it's time to start looking elsewhere. You may need to change jobs or even start your own company before you're happy.

Whatever you do, don't feel stuck. That's the worse feeling of all.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Your clinic reminds of the way our country works. Incapable people on positions they no nothing about bossing capable folks who should br on their positions and running the country. It seems that no matter where you are we're all stuck in a situation where we have to deal with the same sickness. Workers are beeig abused no matter which society it is.
Well, at least you're getting your masters soon and will have chance to change jobs.

That's everywhere though. Rue is dead on with his last post. It's also why i told Sahib to stay in tune with his goals. When **** gets rough, you need to be honest and remember what you're working towards and whether what you're doing currently is still helping you get there.

Posted via Moto Maxx

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

While having my coffee this morning out on our back patio, I noticed this little locust looking thing on the ground.

Stock iPhone camera:

image.jpeg

Camera+ (not to be confused with "Camera Plus" which is a far inferior app) Camera+ is amazing! Especially for macro shots like this.

image.jpg

gentry33

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site

Someone needs to come up with a good way to keep dust and lint from speaker and mic while keeping the phone easily accessible.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss