WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Based on the stuff I'm reading looks like Leave campaign folks clearly did not think enough about the repercussions of their actions.

It's a mix bag. There are people totally ecstatic about the whole thing. In other words, clueless. Others did a 'protest' vote (why I don't know) and they're the ones regretting their decision.

There's a lot of nationalistic nonsense running mad at the moment. I don't think most people really understand the implications or how bad it can or will be.

Most have this belief the EU will crumble in a year's time and believe that it's best to get out now. Other's think that the EU will bow to our demands. While others can care less about the EU altogether and just want the 'foreigners' out.

There's this idea of freedom to trade with the world now that we're free of the shackles... trade what I haven't quite figured out but... you know.. details...

Of course the leave campaign lied the entire time and most on that side fully believed they wouldn't win so have no plan at all. We're in this sort of vague space at the moment.

Until the actual triggering of the exit begins I don't think we'll have a clear idea of what will happen but already many companies are withholding investment, banks are looking to leave and the markets are in a bounce formation.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

The chaotic mess this country is at the moment has made it a bit difficult to think straight the last few days.

It's difficult to think what to do as there's no clue what the UK/EU deal will be. So not sure what steps to take 100%

We have ideas but they're about 2-3 years away.

Completely agree.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

So having played the guitar for around 35 years, I finally went out Monday and bought something I've never owned or used...

A capo!

image.jpeg

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I also purchased an amp stand for the Peavy Bandit Red Stripe. It has 5 height adjustment settings; from about a foot off the ground, up to around 4 feet high.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

It's a mix bag. There are people totally ecstatic about the whole thing. In other words, clueless. Others did a 'protest' vote (why I don't know) and they're the ones regretting their decision.

There's a lot of nationalistic nonsense running mad at the moment. I don't think most people really understand the implications or how bad it can or will be.

Most have this belief the EU will crumble in a year's time and believe that it's best to get out now. Other's think that the EU will bow to our demands. While others can care less about the EU altogether and just want the 'foreigners' out.

There's this idea of freedom to trade with the world now that we're free of the shackles... trade what I haven't quite figured out but... you know.. details...

Of course the leave campaign lied the entire time and most on that side fully believed they wouldn't win so have no plan at all. We're in this sort of vague space at the moment.

Until the actual triggering of the exit begins I don't think we'll have a clear idea of what will happen but already many companies are withholding investment, banks are looking to leave and the markets are in a bounce formation.
Good article here of the potential ramifications. Here?s How Brexit Could Affect The Global Car Industry

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

That's seems a violation of rights but then so is work...
It's been around since at least the mid-80s and held up in court.

Polygraph tests were required at one time instead. I remember one application mentioning taking a polygraph test when I applied for a job in 1985 when I was 16. I never took the polygraph, since they weren't interested in hiring me. The store went out of business when I was still in high school.

Polygraph tests for employment were thrown out by court rulings, and that's around when the drug testing started.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Man, the resale market for phones these days is a buyer's paradise...and a seller's nightmare.

Posted via Moto Maxx

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Azensun

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site

Rant, gripe, whine, and a few other words. I certainly hope everyone else is having a better day than I am! I'm trying to come up with something witty/dry/hilarious/whatever to say, but all I can come up with is GRRRRR.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Rant, gripe, whine, and a few other words. I certainly hope everyone else is having a better day than I am! I'm trying to come up with something witty/dry/hilarious/whatever to say, but all I can come up with is GRRRRR.

I suppose you could drop an F-bomb here if you want...don't worry, it gets blurred out so you won't be in any trouble...sorry to hear the day isn't going so well.

Posted via Moto Maxx

Azensun

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site

I suppose you could drop an F-bomb here if you want...don't worry, it gets blurred out so you won't be in any trouble...sorry to hear the day isn't going so well.

Posted via Moto Maxx

Oh, I'm always in trouble for something (LOL). Thanks for the sympathies, I know it will get better. How's your day?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Oh, I'm always in trouble for something (LOL). Thanks for the sympathies, I know it will get better. How's your day?

Not bad, not too good either. Things are winding down for the work day, so I'm glad for that.

Posted via Moto Maxx

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Busy printing out boarding passes and hotel reservations! Can't wait to get out of this depressing place!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)