WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So I was able to finally figured out how to sideload updates for the Maxx. I'm running soak test 4, wth the may 1st security patch. From what I'm seeing these is the version that'll be the Maxx's (in all likelihood last major OS) official 6.0.1 update. For a phone with hardware capable enough to run N (I'm not calling it that nougat name), it'll get tossed in the trash for sure.

I did a dirty install, so we'll see what happens. I still most likely will root the device, once I get a 950.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Did you ever go to Caribana while you were in Toronto?

No, I never made it. I think I saw bits of it one year but that's it, I think.

We've thought of going to the one here but the weather is never that good and it seems a bit over crowded.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I think we are as well. But, as much as were gained independence from the Queen, we still have a lot of British influenced in government and such...

In Australia it's still heavily British but Canada is a bit less.

Saying that the Aussies don't like Brits.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

So I'm not related to those morons in any way possible. We don't share same blood, ancesters, language, culture, nothing. All we do is pray to God in a same way, and that's apparently a good enough reason for some people to label us are their equal.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

To make things clear. You're not a muslim if you kill 400 people in a span of one week during your holly month, and another 5 or so just before Eid. You can not tell me you're killing in the name of the same God in whose holly month you did those bad deeds. That's a basic definition of paradox.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Want to hear the worst thing? The place where I live, this small town of 32000 residents, is one of the main hot spots of wahabbies, or whatever they're called. You know that latest ISIS video, the guy who speaks Bosnian and talks ****? His house is not more than 10km from mine. Ever heard of sufi community Bocinja? They're part of our municipality as well.
Do I need to say anything else? How am I supposed to stay normal with all this sickness around me. And it's me that kids point finger to as a 'satanist', but you know, being a terrorism supporter is a trend these days, so that's cool.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

No, I never made it. I think I saw bits of it one year but that's it, I think.

We've thought of going to the one here but the weather is never that good and it seems a bit over crowded.

It'll be easier for you too that or maybe Crop Over in Barbados than for you to see Brazil's Mardi Gras or the Trinidad carnival. Jamaican carnival's OK. Still, these events are pretty amazing to see (I've see the Jamaican carnival, of course).

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I was able to finally figured out how to sideload updates for the Maxx. I'm running soak test 4, wth the may 1st security patch. From what I'm seeing these is the version that'll be the Maxx's (in all likelihood last major OS) official 6.0.1 update. For a phone with hardware capable enough to run N (I'm not calling it that nougat name), it'll get tossed in the trash for sure.

I did a dirty install, so we'll see what happens. I still most likely will root the device, once I get a 950.

So far so good. If i really want the chop-chop motion for the flashlight back I've got to root and edit the build.prop file. We will see how it goes for the end of the week. If this works decently enough, i may hold off and go through the rest of the year with the Maxx as my daily driver and maybe try to get a 950 in the fall.

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So far so good. If i really want the chop-chop motion for the flashlight back I've got to root and edit the build.prop file. We will see how it goes for the end of the week. If this works decently enough, i may hold off and go through the rest of the year with the Maxx as my daily driver and maybe try to get a 950 in the fall.

Posted via Moto Maxx

The radios seem a little off...slower in responses for data than I'd like. I have seen whereby folks have had to flash radios for better performance. Here's hoping i don't have to do that.

I guess this is what i don't like about Android sometimes. If you're down for messing around d with your device, it is a great platform to do so. But sometimes when you want to buy what you want and use what you want and then you find out you're not going to get software updates because the phone you bought didn't sell enough, it becomes such a drag.

It's kinda why devices like the M9 from last year and G5 from this year are safer bets...even though they did not seem to meet the OEMs sales expectations, they're still in line for pretty good service and support for a steady time period because they were listed as flagships at their time of launch.

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The radios seem a little off...slower in responses for data than I'd like. I have seen whereby folks have had to flash radios for better performance. Here's hoping i don't have to do that.

I guess this is what i don't like about Android sometimes. If you're down for messing around d with your device, it is a great platform to do so. But sometimes when you want to buy what you want and use what you want and then you find out you're not going to get software updates because the phone you bought didn't sell enough, it becomes such a drag.

It's kinda why devices like the M9 from last year and G5 from this year are safer bets...even though they did not seem to meet the OEMs sales expectations, they're still in line for pretty good service and support for a steady time period because they were listed as flagships at their time of launch.

Posted via Moto Maxx

Nexus fans will point to the 6P and 5X as the reasons why you buy hardware a certain way...very good cameras, quick updates for the length of the device, decent enough price to feature ratio, and better US carrier compatibility.

And yet...the hardware compromises weren't for me for both of these models. The Maxx beats the 5X is most areas. The 6P is too large for my tastes. So I'm curious to see what the HTC models in a few months will offer. Otherwise it's hard to pick certain phones and stay with those for an extended period because OEMs want an churn and burn mentality...which is hard to sustain in this sort of global economic environment.

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm watching back to the future :p

Classic series. One of my all time favorites. Still think the "Hot Shots" series with Charlie Sheen was so far ahead of its time on a comedic level. The only person who went back to that style of comedy was the "Scary Movie" series.

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I still miss the XL. It was a real treat to use...just wished the battery life was a bit better and that i had a good enough wearable to accompany it. Otherwise it checked all the boxes for me. Guess that's why I'm interested in a 950 these days to see if that's a better fit experience wise.

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
At this point i don't think any one platform is better than the other. My guess is we're at that saturation point already, whereby it is really hard to justify making annual upgrades...and every two year upgrades are getting harder to make too. I suppose that's why Apple has always left off certain hardware refinements for the next year to justify their prices, but even that strategy is not a truly sustainable one.

It's why when OEMs miss (HTC definitely last year and to some degree, MSFT last year and LG so far this year) on their keynote offerings, they'll get hammered in the sales department.

Posted via Moto Maxx

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
At this point i don't think any one platform is better than the other. My guess is we're at that saturation point already, whereby it is really hard to justify making annual upgrades...and every two year upgrades are getting harder to make too. I suppose that's why Apple has always left off certain hardware refinements for the next year to justify their prices, but even that strategy is not a truly sustainable one.

It's why when OEMs miss (HTC definitely last year and to some degree, MSFT last year and LG so far this year) on their keynote offerings, they'll get hammered in the sales department.

Posted via Moto Maxx

I think for these reasons it is getting harder to move date vices in the secondary market and as such it is just wiser to do one's homework before buying a device. As it stands, i kinda have no problem might my Maxx for a G5 and going with a G5 + 950 setup. However, the resale values in both of these devices aren't that good. Even a device like a Nextbit Robin, which is a pretty solid gen one offering from Nextbit can be hard to move if buyer's remorse kicks in these days. This is why as much fun as it is to read reviews and see how the tech evolves, my wheeling and dealing days are virtually over.

Posted via Moto Maxx

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss