WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

The whole thing feels Hollywood...

Man being shot four times in his car. Another man tackled and shot point blank. Snipers at a protest really shooting police...

It's bloody crazy.

The fact that after they shot Castile and put his girlfriend and daughter in the back of the cop car (handcuffed) and "somehow" was given back her phone (after it fell to the pavement when she was handcuffed!) to continue live streaming
from the back of the car just smells really really fishy!

Can you say Hollywood!

Not to flog a dead horse here, but...

As a first generation immigrant male of color in 'Murica...I'm no longer outraged by this. In fact, this sort of take on us has been standard operating procedure since the founding fathers locked the Brits out so that they didn't have to pay taxes to the Queen anymore.

I'm no longer outraged. I'm long past that. My issue is in this post modern, flash news cycle, hyper short attention span world, i keep seeing the same thing... minority male getting killed by the powers that be, community reacts in outrage, have some marches, politrickians laugh and make no changes, fervor over said high profile killing dies down...rinse and repeat.

While there are folks working hard to make the necessary changes, I'm over the whole "pseudo-outrage". Folks can be mad enough all they want, but until more people across the wider US society really utilize their powers collectively to make sustained change, all we will see is a more numbing and exhausting and repetitive version of this cycle.

Because best believe that the haven't been killing folks where there are no cameras of social media to share it like this for years...

Posted via Moto Maxx

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

there always seems to be clouds in every picture you take :)
Clouds are nice and add drama.

The summer hasn't been that great though. Saying that, this is the UK. It's virtually impossible to avoid clouds. We sit at the top of the jet steam. It's rare to have a cloudless day.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Not to flog a dead horse here, but...

As a first generation immigrant male of color in 'Murica...I'm no longer outraged by this. In fact, this sort of take on us has been standard operating procedure since the founding fathers locked the Brits out so that they didn't have to pay taxes to the Queen anymore.

I'm no longer outraged. I'm long past that. My issue is in this post modern, flash news cycle, hyper short attention span world, i keep seeing the same thing... minority male getting killed by the powers that be, community reacts in outrage, have some marches, politrickians laugh and make no changes, fervor over said high profile killing dies down...rinse and repeat.

While there are folks working hard to make the necessary changes, I'm over the whole "pseudo-outrage". Folks can be mad enough all they want, but until more people across the wider US society really utilize their powers collectively to make sustained change, all we will see is a more numbing and exhausting and repetitive version of this cycle.

Because best believe that the haven't been killing folks where there are no cameras of social media to share it like this for years...

Posted via Moto Maxx
Yeah I hear you.

Yesterday when I was in London there was a protest building on Southbank for #blacklivesmatter.

This is around 7pm, lots of people around having dinner, etc. not exactly a protest spot. I have nothing against protest and I know the UK isn't perfect in a lot of ways, especially recently, but in a way it felt more like a social media stunt rather than anything meaningful. Lots of smartphones taking video.

This goes along with what you're saying. People get all fire up then it will die off, waiting for the next thing to happen...

I'm often left wondering if the will to fight has simply left the populace. We seem so placid. I guess the politicians and media have finally did it. An easily controlled population...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Another picture.
05a8b8c4e848596a8a3c6f61ea2ef144.jpg

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

So I'm home from Petrcane, from sea :) Average holidays, swimming, good food, lot of girls to look at.
And I also took some pictures and I must say I love this Nexus at night :)
350ae2911222ae53d5b27a7031e551a1.jpg

8c558e1b964961f0872d1d0897feaf31.jpg

a2dfbc6bf593f91506c27fe1e3a5102b.jpg

fb641e5a520803d5631af5b24ab81ce5.jpg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I hear you.

Yesterday when I was in London there was a protest building on Southbank for #blacklivesmatter.

This is around 7pm, lots of people around having dinner, etc. not exactly a protest spot. I have nothing against protest and I know the UK isn't perfect in a lot of ways, especially recently, but in a way it felt more like a social media stunt rather than anything meaningful. Lots of smartphones taking video.

This goes along with what you're saying. People get all fire up then it will die off, waiting for the next thing to happen...

I'm often left wondering if the will to fight has simply left the populace. We seem so placid. I guess the politicians and media have finally did it. An easily controlled population...

The will to fight for what is right still exists. The issue now is perceiving what is "right to fight for."

Posted via Moto Maxx

Last edited:

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Came back from swimming. I'm hungry as a wolf. Hand't had a proper breakfast, not to mention that all we had was some chips, they only make me hungrier.
Forgot to take pics, I'll make sure I do if I go again tommorow.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

So were at this waterfall, it was great. And I wanted to step under it and get a 'water massag', which I did, the problem is that I stayed for too long and now my neck hurt. And it hurts alot.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Am I the only one who think this 'Your Groove' feature is useless? It's supposed to make playlist based on my listening habits, and well, it's not doing that. All it does is recommend existing albums that I could easily find without it.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720