WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Morning folks. Nothing new to report, other than me loading some other OEM offerings (app wise) onto the Maxx.

Posted via Moto Maxx

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Went to presentation of new car, Alfa Romeo Giulia, I genuinely like it :)
29cb8079fb5bbed84f6bfe484edc4ad0.jpg

1c402aab0559b98efd5a3431ac9a59f4.jpg

10512bbb4de5c4957144ff932fcb79a4.jpg

And yeah, girls are cute, and NO sahib, I didn't notice if they have watches, sorry. But one was in leggings, I did notice that

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Went to presentation of new car, Alfa Romeo Giulia, I genuinely like it :)
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160712/29cb8079fb5bbed84f6bfe484edc4ad0.jpg
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160712/1c402aab0559b98efd5a3431ac9a59f4.jpg
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160712/10512bbb4de5c4957144ff932fcb79a4.jpg

And yeah, girls are cute, and NO sahib, I didn't notice if they have watches, sorry. But one was in leggings, I did notice that
Man one time I talk about watches! One time lol

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

My Apple keyboard is in a state of ****, i.e., letter o becomes tab, main [enter] key doesn't work, @ sign is not working, and 0 which I have been substituting for letter o decided to give up last night. This is the *first* time I have had keyboard failure this early.

Piece of crap.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

You have my sympathies! I had a job like that. Your next cup of tea is on me. :wink:

I've had many jobs like this! LOL!

This is just one week of this. I usually start around 7am and work to 4:30pm. I work a 9 day fortnight so have every second Friday off like a long weekend. It's nice to have so you can get things done.

I've worked everything from a standard 8 hour day to a 12 hour day and from 5 to 7 days a week. Just depends where I work.

I used to be a contractor but now I'm staff. Not really enjoying it but hey, it's a job.

Azensun

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site

I've had many jobs like this! LOL!

This is just one week of this. I usually start around 7am and work to 4:30pm. I work a 9 day fortnight so have every second Friday off like a long weekend. It's nice to have so you can get things done.

I've worked everything from a standard 8 hour day to a 12 hour day and from 5 to 7 days a week. Just depends where I work.

I used to be a contractor but now I'm staff. Not really enjoying it but hey, it's a job.

A job is most definitely a good thing! There are pros and cons to moving from contractor to staff, and vice versa. The job I was remembering had me in my chair around 6:45 a.m. and the day would sometimes end at 5:00, 4:30, or even 7:00 pm. It just depended on what the day brought and whether or not I could get across the parking lot and into my car before the phone would start ringing and I'd have to turn around. There were nights I'd still be in the office at 9:00 pm and there would be nights when I'd have to sleep with my phone at my head and wait for the calls to start.

I don't do that job anymore!

Azensun

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site

For now, I'm going to try again to get to sleep. Tomorrow will be long and I'll be short on rest.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

A job is most definitely a good thing! There are pros and cons to moving from contractor to staff, and vice versa. The job I was remembering had me in my chair around 6:45 a.m. and the day would sometimes end at 5:00, 4:30, or even 7:00 pm. It just depended on what the day brought and whether or not I could get across the parking lot and into my car before the phone would start ringing and I'd have to turn around. There were nights I'd still be in the office at 9:00 pm and there would be nights when I'd have to sleep with my phone at my head and wait for the calls to start.

I don't do that job anymore!

Don't blame you.

I started here this morning at 6:30am. It's mostly to do with an event that's on and it creates some traffic headaches so everyone is getting in early this week. I'm off Friday this week (forced by the company) and next Friday is my usual Friday off.

This is my second time working as staff in my career. The first time I worked staff I was younger and at time when work was scarce. So I did lots of overtime. Saturdays, Sundays and so on. I sometimes feel like I lost my early 20s doing all that work...

Then I changed positions in the same company and I did overtime for free occasionally. Not something I ever plan to do again. I was simply too loyal and got taken advantage of.

I then went contract for approximately 9 years. The best years if you ask me. I still worked 45 to 50 hours a week and on one contract it was 65 hours. The hourly rate was good and I got some good deals out of it.

When the time is right I don't plan to stick around this place. Unfortunately the job market isn't that great and probably won't get better for some time.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Don't blame you.

I started here this morning at 6:30am. It's mostly to do with an event that's on and it creates some traffic headaches so everyone is getting in early this week. I'm off Friday this week (forced by the company) and next Friday is my usual Friday off.

This is my second time working as staff in my career. The first time I worked staff I was younger and at time when work was scarce. So I did lots of overtime. Saturdays, Sundays and so on. I sometimes feel like I lost my early 20s doing all that work...

Then I changed positions in the same company and I did overtime for free occasionally. Not something I ever plan to do again. I was simply too loyal and got taken advantage of.

I then went contract for approximately 9 years. The best years if you ask me. I still worked 45 to 50 hours a week and on one contract it was 65 hours. The hourly rate was good and I got some good deals out of it.

When the time is right I don't plan to stick around this place. Unfortunately the job market isn't that great and probably won't get better for some time.

18 years to the day, never worked contract, always a salaried employee and never got a dime in overtime pay...good old 'Murica!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

18 years to the day, never worked contract, always a salaried employee and never got a dime in overtime pay...good old 'Murica!

In the US I can understand why working contract would be seen as detrimental considering all the benefits that come with being employed are important to one's well being.

Here in the UK and Australia the benefits of full time employment are not that great. You don't really gain much other than paid vacation, sickness and if you're lucky training. The only other aspect is the 'security' but in today's market that's questionable. The hourly wage for contracting used to be a selling point for contracting but as there's not much work around the hourly rate has dropped so for the moment, staff it is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12