WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Still browsing for a smart watch. Funny enough i still miss my G Watch R. Of the 3 2014 models, i liked that one the best...even though the 360 has such a nice retro yet futuristic design. The G Watch R is just too hard to find at my price. While i think it'll get Wear 2.0, I'm a bit leery for getting another 2014 device.

Posted via Moto Maxx

As for the 2015 model, i like the S2 Classic, the Ticwatch and the Huawei watch. The Ticwatch is hard to get and runs a hybrid Chinese OS that's actually better laid out than Wear (with Google having a hand in it). The Huawei watch is nice but a little too small and too pricey. The S2 Classic is too small and runs tizen.

Funny enough, i like the look and feel of the 42mm men's 360 (2015). It's not too small on the wrist. The 46mm 360 (2015) looks bigger than the one i have due to the lugs.

Having used the SW3, 360, and G Watch R, I don't mind bigger watches and bigger smart watches by extension. I just don't see anything worth overpaying for. Guess it's back to bargain hunting browsing again...

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

As for the 2015 model, i like the S2 Classic, the Ticwatch and the Huawei watch. The Ticwatch is hard to get and runs a hybrid Chinese OS that's actually better laid out than Wear (with Google having a hand in it). The Huawei watch is nice but a little too small and too pricey. The S2 Classic is too small and runs tizen.

Funny enough, i like the look and feel of the 42mm men's 360 (2015). It's not too small on the wrist. The 46mm 360 (2015) looks bigger than the one i have due to the lugs.

Having used the SW3, 360, and G Watch R, I don't mind bigger watches and bigger smart watches by extension. I just don't see anything worth overpaying for. Guess it's back to bargain hunting browsing again...

Posted via Moto Maxx

I know it's too early to judge Wear 2.0, but I'm not enamored by what I've seen so far. Looks like Google is making it more complicated than it needs to be in order to facilitate more mainstream adoption. Now, i certainly get it...these things aren't a necessity and at full retail price (outside of the Zenwatch 2) are way overpriced, but making the setup more feature packed runs the risk of being overly complicated.

I may keep on using the 360 as my daily driver as it won't get 2.0. Still, i may be open to snagging a Moto 360 Sport or a 42mm 360 (2015).

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I passed by one of my favorite adult stores today on the way to a haircut with my soon-to-be former barber. They had the BEST take on Pok?mon Go so far.

They're a Pokestop and if you catch a Pok?mon there you can get a discount on a vibrator. Now that's real marketing at work...

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Finally had a chance to mess with a X Pure Edition. I can see why Laura likes hers.

Very nice...but still too large for my tastes these days.

Posted via Moto Maxx

I saw the Moto G (2016). They had a janky one in the Best Buy software wise...so i wasn't really impressed. Maybe it's because I've been using upper mid range or flagship screens for ever, but i don't like that screen at all. I'd grab that Honor 5X or 5C at that price point instead on that reason alone. I can see why it won so much acclaim, but the choices at that price point now are vastly improved.

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

On the Windows front, I'm curious as to how the Anniversary software update will play out. I do think that buying a 950 series today is a much better software experience today than last fall. Still, i feel even the vaunted Surface phone next year, while will make a splash, may not help change public perception.

I'm curious to see the HP phone though. It looks like it'll be pricey as **** but i hope the hardware lives up to the hype.

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Speaking of hardware, i see that Samsung plans to add an iris scanner into the Note 7. I asked the following question below on Android Central with no response, but once the Note 7 drops, this may get answered:

Will the cops have the ability to make you unlock your phone with your iris in the same manner that they can get a court order for your fingerprint to unlock your phone if the fingerprint scanner is enabled?

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So i stopped into a Chipotle before i headed home and almost missed my train. It was very interesting to see a site that based on its location was always incredibly busy and full now be virtually empty seated dining wise.

I think that the recent (at the end of last year coming into early this year) food safety concerns have affected the brand overall. What i also think affected this specific store location could be how slow as **** they move. I literally had to do the PM rush hour dash to catch my train in time. They've always been molasses pouring from a jar/watching paint dry slow at that location. There's always been a line there and they can never seem to get people moving in and out timely...

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Gonna change barbers soon as my current one has gotten too pricey. They gave me the lazy one today (who upgraded his Galaxy S4 to a S6 edge) who tried to hit me up for a tip afterwards...

...that's not how you treat a loyal customer. That's that.

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I hope to get to the liquor store in time when i get home. I think i deserve a cold drink that only a "hood liquor store" (in terms of bottle size) can provide...

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Sahib, you're missing out on some serious NYC skin wear. I know the girls look good in Cali too, buy these NYC ladies bring the heat for sure...

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

You know, the more I see the G5, the more i like the design...and the more i sour on the screen. Now in fairness, i didn't like the wallpaper on the G4 either, so I'm hoping it's that type of deal.

Still, in a no compromise manner, I'd like to own both a 950 and a G5. It may not happen that way though.

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Today heat wise it was in the mid 90s in the NYC area. So of course a thunderstorm hit in the middle of the afternoon to break that up a little bit. While it's much cooler now, it's still a typical summer day here.

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

In a very reflective and semi nostalgic mood these days. One of my mentors at the funny farm is leaving to go to Boston to get her DSW (doctorate in social work). It's just another reminder of how things change...

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

In a very reflective and semi nostalgic mood these days. One of my mentors at the funny farm is leaving to go to Boston to get her DSW (doctorate in social work). It's just another reminder of how things change...

Posted via Moto Maxx

I'm also nostalgic as I'm shifting through my own upcoming changes as well. Well, we will see where the tea leaves settle once the winds of change blow through.

"Nothing's permanent in life, all except for change. " - Stephen Marley.

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I saw a Nextbit Robin in the wild today, and in the variant i liked...the white & mint combo. A really nice little phone...a pity the battery is on the too small for me side.

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I see one of the homeless ladies I'm used to seeing is still around. I don't doubt that she's dealing with some trauma and emotional disturbance on her life journey. I've seen this woman pregnant and if my memory is correct with one other kid. There are some new faces and some of the old ones...another older one usually wears a coat (typically the same one) year round.

Your heart goes go out to them if your heart has a true pulse, that is. I'm thinking about the old chess master who i saw a few weeks back (during my last day off) and I'm trying to see if i can scrounge up some resources for him. The guy is still very gifted and talented...good enough to be a HS English teacher or teach in a ESL (english as a second language) program...

Posted via Moto Maxx

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Lol. I now remember how much of a cluster**** traveling home on a Saturday night is. Wait times are long, buses are usually full.

The need to do something and be about something different has never been more evident...

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

One of the joys of living in Murcia is seeing how well things can work when marginalized folks are put in positions to strive or merely fend for themselves on an unobstructed manner. The issue is always when the powers that be who want to keep them marginalized and exploited get in the way...

Guess this is why I'm a SW-in-training. I cannot just sit idly by and be an accomplice via inaction to such continued suffering.

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I really, like the RIM keyboard. Very solid and well put together. My issue with it is that when you install it and are using another keyboard, it's very easy to switch to the RIM keyboard accidentally...and it's a pain in the *** to switch back to something else...

I mostly use the Google keyboard because i like how well the voice integration is.

Posted via Moto Maxx

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb