WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So what did I learn reading all of that...

MIA likes smartphones. He likes smart watches, but unsure of the new Android wear.

His barber increased his prices and he has a favourite sex shop.

His commute still sucks even on a Saturday.

Sahib like Pokemon and thinks it's sort of good.

99 had a phone that MIA likes...

That's just an overview.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I saw a Nextbit Robin in the wild today, and in the variant i liked...the white & mint combo. A really nice little phone...a pity the battery is on the too small for me side.

Posted via Moto Maxx

For the record, the owner of the phone was a very attractive Asian woman. Sahib, i cannot remember if she had a watch on or not...all i remembered was that she looked nice and had the Robin in her hand, searching for something...

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Cool! I'm really happy with it, but I can understand that it might be too big for some folks.

Yup. It's weird how I'm now in a place where I've turned against using bigger ohones, especially since i really enjoyed using monster such as the 1520 and the Z Ultra.

I think the biggest reason why i didn't get one though is i just don't trust Moto anymore from an aftermarket services perspective. I'm not a fan as how they're handling software updates, especially security patches. While I'm indifferent about the Lenovo purchase, my guess is people got fired who were working on updates and the smaller teams means longer stretches between updates now.

That's sad.

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
What happened to your barber? That's too bad he's not going to be around. You seemed to like him and never mentioned getting a bad haircut.

It's the barbershop itself more than anything else. The place is a high end style shop where they do hot towels and I've even gotten a face massive with a small hand held machine once. You get a small card where after about 6 haircuts you get 1 free. I do tip them whenever i can (especially when I'm eligible for the free haircut). It's run by some Russian Jews and I've even had a shot of vodka in there one Christmas (the good kind too).

I've mentioned on the thread that i liked overall how the guys in the shop cut hair, so i let anyone in there cut my hair. I'm the type you just cut my hair...I'll chit-chat but not a whole lot. They know this is how i roll, as I've been going there for a few years now. So the guy i got yesterday usually likes to do some shortcut stuff. My hair is very simple and easy to do.

So what happened yesterday i didn't like? The dude tried to hustle me for a tip, when what he really did wasn't tip worthy at all. In fact, in all the people who cut my hair in there, the guy i got is the one i like the least.

So i did give him the tip...and I'll never go back there again.

I was thinking about not going back before yesterday as since they're in the Village, they've raised their rates a few times and have become unaffordable. It's interesting because i remember seeing them pretty busy and when i went in there it was very dead...for a Saturday night.

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It's the barbershop itself more than anything else. The place is a high end style shop where they do hot towels and I've even gotten a face massive with a small hand held machine once. You get a small card where after about 6 haircuts you get 1 free. I do tip them whenever i can (especially when I'm eligible for the free haircut). It's run by some Russian Jews and I've even had a shot of vodka in there one Christmas (the good kind too).

I've mentioned on the thread that i liked overall how the guys in the shop cut hair, so i let anyone in there cut my hair. I'm the type you just cut my hair...I'll chit-chat but not a whole lot. They know this is how i roll, as I've been going there for a few years now. So the guy i got yesterday usually likes to do some shortcut stuff. My hair is very simple and easy to do.

So what happened yesterday i didn't like? The dude tried to hustle me for a tip, when what he really did wasn't tip worthy at all. In fact, in all the people who cut my hair in there, the guy i got is the one i like the least.

I was thinking about not going back before yesterday as since they're in the Village, they've raised their rates a few times and have become unaffordable. It's interesting because i remember seeing them pretty busy and when i went in there it was very dead...for a Saturday night.

Posted via Moto Maxx

The best US barber I've had was this Philly guy who worked at a shop in Harlem. We would talk sports and other things too. The reason i stopped going to him was simply put: he was so good it was hard to see him. The dude took his trade seriously...went to conventions to learn more about hair and did competitions too (he showed me some pictures at one point).

Yup, word got out in the community how good the dude could cut hair and he got a ton of business. It was impossible to see him on weekends, so i had to go after work in the middle of the week, and even then there was a wait. I liked their barbershop but ultimately it stopped being convenient so i stopped going there.

I'm on the lookout for a new barber. There are two places near my house so I'll try each and see what i think.

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Most of those people use Apple...

Large companies won't touch anything that expensive and without Windows 10 as the company OS there's little point.

I think most large companies will hold onto Windows 7 for as long as possible.

I think the people who will buy this at that price at those already invested in Windows 10.

I agree.

But, i think HP may offer it cheaper to those companies in their usual ways. Still, I don't think that it was ever designed to be a consumer device in the first place.

This is the thing i don't like with MSFT. I kinda get their vision and I understand why to some degree they're making the changes that they're making, but I still think that they are really running the risk that the market is going to shift whereby consumers business types also are going to care a whole lot less about their offerings going forward.

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. I see the heat index has creeped up so we're going to have another hot but really nice enough day today in the NYC metro area.

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

MIA likes smartphones. He likes smart watches, but unsure of the new Android wear.

That's just an overview.

Good summary. Still, I think you left out one very important thing:

Rue hasn't gotten caught up in the Pok?mon Go craze...yet...

Posted via Moto Maxx

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

That's just an overview.
Still have it, not shipped yet, lol!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's just an overview.

Another communique from the department of "Sony swings and misses on a good concept".

The Sony smartwatch 3 was building on the removable core concept from the Smartband line. You pop the core out into different color straps that would change the look, especially since that black one was as big as a lint magnet as Trump is prone to making outlandish comments.

But the fitness apps weren't there, the wider offering of straps were there, and it was generally overpriced.

Fast forward...to the Fitbit Blaze. This offers a stylish looking fitness tracker in a watch form. One of the key features is...a removable core that can be easily accessorized. There's a strong set of straps, and with Fitbit's system, offers good individual and socially oriented fitness tracking.

Need i say more? I'd rather be a whole *** than doing anything half assed. Seems like the tech companies that are holding their own or are even doing well do a very good job of execution of one coherent thought.

Posted via Moto Maxx

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Posted via Moto Maxx
That's too bad. It sounds like the owners of the shop are good but not their employees. Slow business should tell the owners there is a problem, though, especially if it's so slow on a Saturday. Saturday is always the busiest day for any barbers/stylists.

I don't blame you for finding another shop. I hope you find one that's good. I don't have anything complicated in terms of hairstyle either, but I got quite a few bad haircuts before I found a place that's good the last time I needed to find a new place, since the one I went to previously closed.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Here you go:

Ticwatch Full Review - Round Done Right

I'm very impressed by it. They're just hard to get though and I'm not sure how well the software update stuff will play out. Still, it looks like a hit in China and there are plans to bring an updated model to the international market this year.

Posted via Moto Maxx
That looks really nice!

I like the band styles too.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's too bad. It sounds like the owners of the shop are good but not their employees. Slow business should tell the owners there is a problem, though, especially if it's so slow on a Saturday. Saturday is always the busiest day for any barbers/stylists.

I don't blame you for finding another shop. I hope you find one that's good. I don't have anything complicated in terms of hairstyle either, but I got quite a few bad haircuts before I found a place that's good the last time I needed to find a new place, since the one I went to previously closed.

Thanks. I won't be rushing for a new shop, so we'll see.

Posted via Moto Maxx

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Evening gang.

I'm getting burnt out real fast with all these doubles... All work and no play makes Jack a very dull boy!!!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

If Apple hits with this in the next wave of iPhones, then I'll agree with you more definitively. Still, there are some bad *** LCD panels out there with great blacks and color accuracy. Huawei, for one is leading the charge with such panels.

Posted via Moto Maxx
I agree and I think the only reason is why apple.maybe going with OLED is to make it slightly thinner

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

That's just an overview.
I think it's cool but I don't have time to play it. :/ and it's not in WP

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos