WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Azensun

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So what's happening today? We got a break in our terribly hot, humid and overall ick weather yesterday with a surprise storm. Mostly drama, not a lot of rain, but I have hopes for today!

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

What kind of VW is that? Never seen one in the states. I've got a Passat, but miss my Golf. The Golf was just a little more sporty.

One time I was on the freeway and saw, not 1, but 2 VW pickup trucks. Not sure if they were here for a car show or something because I've never seen on since. Wasn't a bad looking truck, just not available in the US.
That is VW up!, our is 2012 with 1.0 gasoline engine, 75 HP. It's not available in USA, just like Polo isn't either if I'm correct?
The pick up was VW Amarok, it's probably too small for USA, you can see them here but pickups are rare here, even Ford Ranger and those are too big for our roads.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Had similar experience with an S6... And if you customize it, in any way, to try and fix it, welcome to Lagville.

Returned it after 3 weeks.
I can't stand how it feels like a mess. Sure its the cleanest touchwiz but in my opinion that ui is awful

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I went to get ice cream on this hot day. I was going to take a picture of it,and post it here but I forgot and ate it all :p

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

after playing with the s7 for about a week I can say that I dislike Touchwiz. its so in your face, cartoonish and not consistant. I hate the fact that most of the google stock apps are replaced and put in the back while all of Samsung apps are front and center. Also I hate the Samsung font. the hardware is great but damn the UI kills it for me.

That's not news. Most people who don't mind the UI will enjoy the Samsung hardware. Folks like myself don't like the hardware enough to put up with the software annoyances.

Posted via Moto Maxx

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

That is VW up!, our is 2012 with 1.0 gasoline engine, 75 HP. It's not available in USA, just like Polo isn't either if I'm correct?
The pick up was VW Amarok, it's probably too small for USA, you can see them here but pickups are rare here, even Ford Ranger and those are too big for our roads.

It looked like the Amarok was about the same size as a Ford Ranger and Chevy Colorado (or the old S-10).

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Any of you Dr. Who fans?

My wife wants me to add a Dr. Who inspired theme to my clock app. So I've been looking into it... Circular Gallifreyan just doesn't fit well on a wide tile and it's too small on the medium tile.... Anyhow, ran into a "Simple Gallifreyan" that better fits the tiles, I'm just not sure if I'm liking the results. Been taking some liberties, but as it isn't an official Dr. Who numbering system, I'm thinking fans wouldn't mind too much?

So what do you all think? Keep going or drop it?

UnClocked-DW.jpg

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Even worse is work your tail off for three years on one project and you get cake and soft drinks once the product is launched. Not even a lousy T-shirt to say that you helped launch this new product...

Best part was when they showed a video of the project management saying how 'excited' they were about the project approval. They couldn't have looked more bored, honestly.

It has been a long slog getting this project going but you'd expect the management to be a bit more happy about things.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So I have a quick cat story for you. Don't worry, I don't plan to load the thread with cat stories but this is amusing.

So our cats are becoming more comfortable with us and the house. Food is of course a good motivator for most animals and an easy way to gain trust.

Now our cats are still using their safe room (my wife's office) where we have put all their things to make them comfortable. If you ever decide to get a cat or cats it's best to put them in a small room until the get comfortable with the new smells and noises. This goes for kittens to.

Anyway, we are trying to feed the cats a bit more as we find them a bit under weight. We don't think the breeder fed them very well, the cats are both rather tiny but in good health. One of our cats is very vocal. The other is the more skittish one

Anyway, we fed the cats just after dinner and they have dry food to eat when they want. The cat food we're using is Whiskers in the little foil packets.

When we were getting ready for bed we left two packets down stairs on the island bench for tomorrow.

We were deciding if we were going to put the cats in the room with the door closed or let them roam. They decided to go downstairs and the vocal one was making some noise.

Suddenly the vocal one stops making noise, there's some scrambling around and then I see the two them come running up the stairs and into their room.

The cats had decided they were going to have a late night snack later. The vocal one had stolen a pack off the island counter top and hid it in their litter box. My wife found it when she went to check on them before going to bed. To say we both found this rather funny is an understatement. I've never seen a cat steal a packet of food before and hide it.

The cat looked pretty guilty too. You almost wish you had a video recorder.

They're still settling down and I think our vocal one is fairly intelligent, which will be interesting to say the least. :p

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Best part was when they showed a video of the project management saying how 'excited' they were about the project approval. They couldn't have looked more bored, honestly.

It has been a long slog getting this project going but you'd expect the management to be a bit more happy about things.
Sounds like typical management, unfortunately.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

So I have a quick cat story for you. Don't worry, I don't plan to load the thread with cat stories but this is amusing.

So our cats are becoming more comfortable with us and the house. Food is of course a good motivator for most animals and an easy way to gain trust.

Now our cats are still using their safe room (my wife's office) where we have put all their things to make them comfortable. If you ever decide to get a cat or cats it's best to put them in a small room until the get comfortable with the new smells and noises. This goes for kittens to.

Anyway, we are trying to feed the cats a bit more as we find them a bit under weight. We don't think the breeder fed them very well, the cats are both rather tiny but in good health. One of our cats is very vocal. The other is the more skittish one

Anyway, we fed the cats just after dinner and they have dry food to eat when they want. The cat food we're using is Whiskers in the little foil packets.

When we were getting ready for bed we left two packets down stairs on the island bench for tomorrow.

We were deciding if we were going to put the cats in the room with the door closed or let them roam. They decided to go downstairs and the vocal one was making some noise.

Suddenly the vocal one stops making noise, there's some scrambling around and then I see the two them come running up the stairs and into their room.

The cats had decided they were going to have a late night snack later. The vocal one had stolen a pack off the island counter top and hid it in their litter box. My wife found it when she went to check on them before going to bed. We both found this rather funny is an understatement. I've never seen a cat steal a packet of food before and hide it.

The cat looked pretty guilty too. You almost wish you had a video recorder.

They're still settling down and I think our vocal one is fairly intelligent, which will be interesting to say the least. :p
Please share more pictures of your cats here!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans