WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I'm sure when the UK strikes the free trade deal with China that will kill off what's left of manufacturing here...especially the steel industry. :p

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Hmmm, John Hinckley is getting released. Not meaning to start a conspiracy, but wonder if it has anything to do with the no win election looming on the horizon?

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Any of you Dr. Who fans?

My wife wants me to add a Dr. Who inspired theme to my clock app. So I've been looking into it... Circular Gallifreyan just doesn't fit well on a wide tile and it's too small on the medium tile.... Anyhow, ran into a "Simple Gallifreyan" that better fits the tiles, I'm just not sure if I'm liking the results. Been taking some liberties, but as it isn't an official Dr. Who numbering system, I'm thinking fans wouldn't mind too much?

So what do you all think? Keep going or drop it?

View attachment 128878
Keep it 😁!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Today has been an incredible cluster**** so far this morning.

Rue, i have a comment about your cats to share and I'll do so later, if i get to it.

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I have a quick cat story for you. Don't worry, I don't plan to load the thread with cat stories but this is amusing.

So our cats are becoming more comfortable with us and the house. Food is of course a good motivator for most animals and an easy way to gain trust.

Now our cats are still using their safe room (my wife's office) where we have put all their things to make them comfortable. If you ever decide to get a cat or cats it's best to put them in a small room until the get comfortable with the new smells and noises. This goes for kittens to.

Anyway, we are trying to feed the cats a bit more as we find them a bit under weight. We don't think the breeder fed them very well, the cats are both rather tiny but in good health. One of our cats is very vocal. The other is the more skittish one

Anyway, we fed the cats just after dinner and they have dry food to eat when they want. The cat food we're using is Whiskers in the little foil packets.

When we were getting ready for bed we left two packets down stairs on the island bench for tomorrow.

We were deciding if we were going to put the cats in the room with the door closed or let them roam. They decided to go downstairs and the vocal one was making some noise.

Suddenly the vocal one stops making noise, there's some scrambling around and then I see the two them come running up the stairs and into their room.

The cats had decided they were going to have a late night snack later. The vocal one had stolen a pack off the island counter top and hid it in their litter box. My wife found it when she went to check on them before going to bed. To say we both found this rather funny is an understatement. I've never seen a cat steal a packet of food before and hide it.

The cat looked pretty guilty too. You almost wish you had a video recorder.

They're still settling down and I think our vocal one is fairly intelligent, which will be interesting to say the least. :p

Here's my take on this...

The GF's new step father has two boxer dogs (Ashi - female and Trooper - male). Now, Ash's current owner is her third... he's had her for 5 years. Her 1st owner was Japanese - hence the name spelling - and unfortunately was abusive. Because she was moved to three homes within her first year of life (including to her current one), she is very, very attention seeking...you pretty much have to pet her A LOT once you get to know her, and when the house is crowded, she will hope from person to person to get attention. You'd think that the fact that she's in a stable and permanent home would have gotten her out of that habit of needing to reassured that she's safe and loved, but that fear is so ingrained, that's how she will always be.

If the breeder didn't feed those cats appropriately, i wouldn't be surprised that what you saw was a survival instinct kicking in, with both cats working together or independently to ensure they get food. I hope they grow out of it, but don't be surprised if they don't.

This is why I'm not a fan of cruelty overall, and especially towards animals or little children.

Posted via Moto Maxx

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

I am so tired here at the office. Yesterday, I joined a couple of friends to take a ride not knowing I'll be dealing with Category 3 and 4 climbs.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Anyways, what you're seeing in the signature is correct. I'm waiting for a case + USB-C adapter to arrive and then I'll set it up for a test drive.

First impressions are very positive so far...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The last time I used a phone this light was ironically when I used the Samsung Focus S...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Today has been an incredible cluster**** so far this morning.

Rue, i have a comment about your cats to share and I'll do so later, if i get to it.

Posted via Moto Maxx
You know for me work is bearable if one of my co-workers isn't there. She is so .......how do I put it nicely...no So great to work with:/ it's been great going to work when she isn't there.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

You know for me work is bearable if one of my co-workers isn't there. She is so .......how do I put it nicely...no So great to work with:/ it's been great going to work when she isn't there.

LOL! Welcome to the world of work. It gets worse...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa