WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

If the breeder didn't feed those cats appropriately, i wouldn't be surprised that what you saw was a survival instinct kicking in, with both cats working together or independently to ensure they get food. I hope they grow out of it, but don't be surprised if they don't.

This is why I'm not a fan of cruelty overall, and especially towards animals or little children.

Posted via Moto Maxx

Cruelty is horrible and when I see stories about it on TV it's heart wrenching and to be honest I'm not a fan of breeders. Most are in it just for the money and nothing else.

I don't think the breeder we got the cats off was being intentionally cruel but I think she was scrimping. Russian Blues are dainty looking in general but should not be bone thin. They had their neutering operations not too long ago so that could have been a factor as well. I don't know.

She did say she was only feeding them one half packet of food each and using the dry food as their main source. That's really not enough food for an adult cat but I have heard of cats living on nothing but dry food, which generally isn't that good for them.

We'll fatten them up anyway and make sure they're content. Just need to train them to realise that night time is bed time for us.... I know, good luck with that. :p

Also, Russian Blues are noted for being fairly intelligent cats and bond with their owners. We used to play fetch with our Russian Blue we had in Australia.

To add to the story I wrote, the cat purposely put the food in the back corner of the litter tray (it's a covered tray) to hide it. So there was intent on the cat's part to get the food, hide and eat it later. The two were in cahoots with the whole thing as well. Yeah, she'll be a handful for sure. :p

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

That reminds me of a cat who belongs to the owner of a pest control shop in my neighborhood.

He is a black cat, but he is tiny. He isn't underweight, just undersized. If one didn't know better, the assumption would be that he were a kitten around 6 months old. However, he is 2 years old.

He wandered into the pest control shop, and the owner adopted him. He is healthy, well fed and well treated, but very small.

He's a very friendly cat. When I stopped by the shop a couple months ago, he rubbed my leg and purred a storm.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That reminds me of a cat who belongs to the owner of a pest control shop in my neighborhood.

He is a black cat, but he is tiny. He isn't underweight, just undersized. If one didn't know better, the assumption would be that he were a kitten around 6 months old. However, he is 2 years old.

He wandered into the pest control shop, and the owner adopted him. He is healthy, well fed and well treated, but very small.

He's a very friendly cat. When I stopped by the shop a couple months ago, he rubbed my leg and purred a storm.

Underfed cats tend to be smaller simply because they haven't eaten well. These two are fairly small for Russian Blues but not exceptionally small. They're just petite. Which is not a bad thing in some cases.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

You know they're going on about the HP Elite X3... why is no one talking about this thing?

https://www.akyumen.com/default-item/holofone/

This to me is innovation. They best way for Continuum to work. It's a beast of a device though. But to me this is where the future is. You want the best way for Continuum to work, what better way than having a built in monitor?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Oh, cry me a river!

Yup. I'm waiting for when he starts having to do other people's work and not get paid for it, having to work more when colleagues call out, when colleagues try to throw him under the bus when **** goes slideways, the first cute girl he works with that he notices more than her watch, etc.

If he's feeling now, he'll **** a few bricks after those experiences...

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Cruelty is horrible and when I see stories about it on TV it's heart wrenching and to be honest I'm not a fan of breeders. Most are in it just for the money and nothing else.

I don't think the breeder we got the cats off was being intentionally cruel but I think she was scrimping. Russian Blues are dainty looking in general but should not be bone thin. They had their neutering operations not too long ago so that could have been a factor as well. I don't know.

She did say she was only feeding them one half packet of food each and using the dry food as their main source. That's really not enough food for an adult cat but I have heard of cats living on nothing but dry food, which generally isn't that good for them.

We'll fatten them up anyway and make sure they're content. Just need to train them to realise that night time is bed time for us.... I know, good luck with that. :p

Also, Russian Blues are noted for being fairly intelligent cats and bond with their owners. We used to play fetch with our Russian Blue we had in Australia.

To add to the story I wrote, the cat purposely put the food in the back corner of the litter tray (it's a covered tray) to hide it. So there was intent on the cat's part to get the food, hide and eat it later. The two were in cahoots with the whole thing as well. Yeah, she'll be a handful for sure. :p

Yup. You're going to have a good time with these two. My sister's is a h-u-g-e cat lover. Did i tell you i had a cat brother who uses the toilet instead of a litter box?

Posted via Moto Maxx

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. Another hot day in NYC. Let's hope it's not another cluster**** day at the funny farm...

Posted via Moto Maxx

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yup. You're going to have a good time with these two. My sister's is a h-u-g-e cat lover. Did i tell you i had a cat brother who uses the toilet instead of a litter box?

Posted via Moto Maxx

I always thought that was neat teaching a dog or cat to use the toilet. So much more efficient.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Oh, cry me a river!
If you say so ;) I'm not sure why she is so uptight. Like just for example she has little patients and gets mad very quickly. She also gets mad at me for forgetting a step. She gets annoyed when I repeat things she tells me to do something I repeat things to make sure I get what she wants me to do. Heck she gets mad if I wanna go sit down to rest my feet. She makes work unbearable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786