WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Sold my 950 XL in mid-June, I believe. My Maxx is being picked up by a friend who had her HTC 8X (which I bought for her as her 1st smart phone exactly 2 years ago) stolen around the same time I sold my XL. I am testing driving a Mi 5 that I'll most likely purchase this weekend.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

So you're done with WM? Can't blame you, I'm sick of all those bugs I have.
As far as Xiaomi concerned, mini review!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

That's understandable. Though you should of figured that those reviews each have different pc configurations :p

That's the thing, most of them were meeting recommended requirements, while I'm stuck with 2GB of RAM and a crappy AMD 4300/4500 GPU.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So you're done with WM? Can't blame you, I'm sick of all those bugs I have.
As far as Xiaomi concerned, mini review!

Mini review will be up mid week. I wasn't completely done with Windows...I'd still like to go a 950 and maybe go to a new Nexus or G5. The Mi 5 is nice, but the lack of proper network bands from my current carrier is really circa 2011 when I was using unlocked phones with painful data speeds...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Life is an interesting exercise indeed. Sometimes fear is one of those things that will make any necessary changes that much more difficult to make...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It's very interesting to see the strides that the Chinese OEMs have made. Oppo, Xiaomi, Huawei, ZTE, and every sub brands like Zuk and Honor have made some aesthetically pleasing handsets this year.

But as Samsung and LG and HTC know very well, to make the leap to the true big time, software and after care sales service e is where it's at...

We will see what 2017 brings. I still think LG did the right thing with the G5 this year, even though it wasn't executed as well as they wanted. If the V20 is a monster hit (V10 just needed a better battery), then they can do some things with the G6.

HTC is the wildcard here. The HTC 10 is very good, but they need another phone. I wish they'd do a successor to the A9 to compete in the midrange space.

Sony is still clueless. Going to 1080P and 5" is good, but until they fix the cameras to make them easier to use (and add OIS) and improve battery life, they're screwed.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Life is an interesting exercise indeed. Sometimes fear is one of those things that will make any necessary changes that much more difficult to make...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
Fear was a large part of life for way too long. I'm not scared of much anymore.

Change is something I embrace, even when it's a pain.

Stagnation scares me more.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Sony is still clueless. Going to 1080P and 5" is good, but until they fix the cameras to make them easier to use (and add OIS) and improve battery life, they're screwed.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

I've pretty much given up on Sony, too much ego for too much money. None of their new phones are up to scratch.

My next phone won't be a Sony but I have no idea what I want at this moment. I'm not in a hurry to change so I can wait.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Automatic in the EU is almost non existent... and Australia.

Though there has been an increase here in the UK but many people still go for a manual when learning.
Did you have any trouble switching sides of the driver's seat, shifting with the left hand, or driving on the left side of the road when you moved?

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I've been listening to 60s and 70s music and discovered two keyboard instruments I never heard of previously: harpsichord and celesta.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Did you have any trouble switching sides of the driver's seat, shifting with the left hand, or driving on the left side of the road when you moved?

Since I don't drive manual it's a little bit easier. What usually happens when you start to drive on the opposite side is that you tend to drift to the gutter as that's what you naturally do to avoid cars. You're also not used to the cars coming on the right side so that messes with your head a bit. UK roads don't feel very wide either.

If you do drive manual, aside from using a different hand to shift, the gearbox is configured the same way as in the US so it would be easy to get the gears mixed up. The pedals are the same.

Other than that driving on either side is fairly easy for me now along with my driving a UK car in the EU. Road rules are obviously a bit different so learning the signs etc can be fun. If you're EU though they're all the same, unless the UK decides to go retrograde now.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Mini review will be up mid week. I wasn't completely done with Windows...I'd still like to go a 950 and maybe go to a new Nexus or G5. The Mi 5 is nice, but the lack of proper network bands from my current carrier is really circa 2011 when I was using unlocked phones with painful data speeds...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

It's interesting how you folks in US have band problems. We have like 3-4 carriers here and every phone will with every carrier (that is if they're unlocked) anywhere you go. Heck I had my carrier's signal 'deep' in Croatia.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Since I don't drive manual it's a little bit easier. What usually happens when you start to drive on the opposite side is that you tend to drift to the gutter as that's what you naturally do to avoid cars. You're also not used to the cars coming on the right side so that messes with your head a bit. UK roads don't feel very wide either.

If you do drive manual, aside from using a different hand to shift, the gearbox is configured the same way as in the US so it would be easy to get the gears mixed up. The pedals are the same.

Other than that driving on either side is fairly easy for me now along with my driving a UK car in the EU. Road rules are obviously a bit different so learning the signs etc can be fun. If you're EU though they're all the same, unless the UK decides to go retrograde now.
That's interesting. I would've thought that the gearbox would be a mirror image of what it is in the US.

My current car is automatic, but I learned to drive on a manual.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It's interesting how you folks in US have band problems. We have like 3-4 carriers here and every phone will with every carrier (that is if they're unlocked) anywhere you go. Heck I had my carrier's signal 'deep' in Croatia.

It's one of the big failings of the US. Proprietary devices and monopolies in certain areas forcing customers to use their stuff. It's a big issue in the US and Canada and has been for some years.

Apparently Verizon, the biggest issue normally, is changing from what I read, when though I have no idea.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That's interesting. I would've thought that the gearbox would be a mirror image of what it is in the US.

My current car is automatic, but I learned to drive on a manual.

I would have thought that as well. The only difference that I know of is where Reverse sits. Top left for right side driving, bottom right for left side driving.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)