WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Was is that Megan you were talking about?
Nope, we bought VW up! :)
797322b0cb65a69f919245f9ab5cffb3.jpg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Fear was a large part of life for way too long. I'm not scared of much anymore.

Change is something I embrace, even when it's a pain.

Stagnation scares me more.

Agreed. Outside of the salary at paying bills, my current job offers me nothing at this point. So I plan to cure that with some moves.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I've pretty much given up on Sony, too much ego for too much money. None of their new phones are up to scratch.

My next phone won't be a Sony but I have no idea what I want at this moment. I'm not in a hurry to change so I can wait.

So have I. The Z3's camera is actually decent, as you already know. But it requires you to know what you're doing, which you already know also.

Outside of that, I really enjoyed my Z3. The Maxx and Z3 on 4.4.4 were some of the best tunes phones battery life wise I've ever seen. Sometimes I think about getting another Sony, especially when I see the Z5C, but I laugh really hard and chase away that thought.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks.

On the morning commute today...headed home to get some work done.

I'm still interested in a G5, believe it or not. Most likely I won't get one until they get much cheaper next year. Unless I get a killer deal on a 950. Not sure if I'd do that because the expectation is MSFT will actually release something new again and kill off the 950 series.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Let's hope I've been able to finally find a decent pair of in-ear headphones. I picked up some Klipsch Reference model. The Xiaomi pistons are decent, but the sound leakage and comfort level are the issue...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Not a fan of what in reading in the news recently about two women who went jogging in the woods - one in Queens and the other a NYC woman in Massachusetts - got sexually assaulted and killed.

Meanwhile in the world of make believe, Trump is stating if he doesn't win the election, Hilary cheated to beat him and he'll throw the book at her.

I mean, when you've got $$$ your priorities are clearly much different...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Today seems to be another good beach day...pity I'm not really a beach person these days...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So have I. The Z3's camera is actually decent, as you already know. But it requires you to know what you're doing, which you already know also.

Outside of that, I really enjoyed my Z3. The Maxx and Z3 on 4.4.4 were some of the best tunes phones battery life wise I've ever seen. Sometimes I think about getting another Sony, especially when I see the Z5C, but I laugh really hard and chase away that thought.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

I like the Z3 for the most part I'm just ready for something new but I want it to be worth the upgrade. Currently there's nothing that thrills me. I thought about a Z5 for a bit but then gave up on that.

I'm hoping Nokia has something soon but no idea when/if that will happen. So I wait.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Not a fan of what in reading in the news recently about two women who went jogging in the woods - one in Queens and the other a NYC woman in Massachusetts - got sexually assaulted and killed.

Meanwhile in the world of make believe, Trump is stating if he doesn't win the election, Hilary cheated to beat him and he'll throw the book at her.

I mean, when you've got $$$ your priorities are clearly much different...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

News is quite depressing. I remember when I was living in Australia there was a series of sexual assaults in Brisbane (I think) on women joggers. I think they ended up catching that guy (it's always a guy isn't it?). I know people have a certain 'idealised' version of what Australia is like. I usually take my time to remove that view when I can.

We get the US election news here as well. I'd laugh if it wasn't for Trump being serious...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Today seems to be another good beach day...pity I'm not really a beach person these days...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

Apparently we're heading into very hot weather next week. I'll believe it when it comes. :p Currently partially sunny with a very cool wind. Not overly pleasant.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I like the Z3 for the most part I'm just ready for something new but I want it to be worth the upgrade. Currently there's nothing that thrills me. I thought about a Z5 for a bit but then gave up on that.

I'm hoping Nokia has something soon but no idea when/if that will happen. So I wait.

I stopped looking to get thrilled cell phone wise a long time ago. I am more concerned about making sure I'm making the correct set of compromises, since OEMs are asking us to make compromises at these price points.

Personally, I'd have picked something like a Nextbit Robin just to be different, but the battery concerns wise + that processor made me skip it.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

It's one of the big failings of the US. Proprietary devices and monopolies in certain areas forcing customers to use their stuff. It's a big issue in the US and Canada and has been for some years.

Apparently Verizon, the biggest issue normally, is changing from what I read, when though I have no idea.

It took me some time to understand why NY residents hate Verizon and prefer ATT. It's a bit silly to me. It's not perfect here, of course some carriers have better coverage over others in certain areas, but it's not a big deal really.

Speaking of monopolly, government owned BH Telecom used to be the 'best' few years ago, with superior coverage, only to be shown later that they disrupted rivals' signal. And f course no one was charged or anything. That's how it goes here.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

News is quite depressing. I remember when I was living in Australia there was a series of sexual assaults in Brisbane (I think) on women joggers. I think they ended up catching that guy (it's always a guy isn't it?). I know people have a certain 'idealised' version of what Australia is like. I usually take my time to remove that view when I can.

We get the US election news here as well. I'd laugh if it wasn't for Trump being serious...

People who either don't know anything or haven't been anywhere will always have some idyllic view of any country. Because of that, I never take certain folks seriously when they talk about certain things.

It's sadly almost always a guy who is committing these type of crimes. I guess some people forget male on male violence is really high also, but the sexual assault stuff will always grab headlines.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Apparently we're heading into very hot weather next week. I'll believe it when it comes. :p Currently partially sunny with a very cool wind. Not overly pleasant.

My guess is that hot stretch we had last week may just be the hardest it'll get all summer in these parts. We really don't get those crazy hot summer stretches as we used to anymore here. When I first started to visit New York way back in the late 90s to early 2000s those summers were filled with some intense heat waves.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It took me some time to understand why NY residents hate Verizon and prefer ATT. It's a bit silly to me. It's not perfect here, of course some carriers have better coverage over others in certain areas, but it's not a big deal really.

Speaking of monopolly, government owned BH Telecom used to be the 'best' few years ago, with superior coverage, only to be shown later that they disrupted rivals' signal. And f course no one was charged or anything. That's how it goes here.

If I had the income, I'd be on Verizon, with either a Note 5, Droid Turbo 2, a MXPE or a Nexus 6P. You do get what you pay for...coverage is great, but awfully expensive. The GF has been with them for as long as I've been with T-Mobile so she gets good rates on her bill, along with the hospital employee discount.

I was raised in a monopoly C&W - and the duopoly that's in Jamaica now isn't that much better. Based on my needs, I'll stay with T-Mobile...but if Fi ever ran on all 4 US carriers, I'd jump to that.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

My guess is that hot stretch we had last week may just be the hardest it'll get all summer in these parts. We really don't get those crazy hot summer stretches as we used to anymore here. When I first started to visit New York way back in the late 90s to early 2000s those summers were filled with some intense heat waves.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

Yeah, Toronto was like that back then as well. We had two to three weeks where it got really hot and humid. Apparently they had some of that last week according to my mum.

I'm guessing that's something to do with the El Nino effect or something. I just remember the heat and having no A/C in the car...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, Toronto was like that back then as well. We had two to three weeks where it got really hot and humid. Apparently they had some of that last week according to my mum.

I'm guessing that's something to do with the El Nino effect or something. I just remember the heat and having no A/C in the car...

Thanks to some of our fellow humans who are too greedy and have chosen to take advantage of the planet, the rest of us will have to suffer.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I knew the harpsichord but never heard of celesta.

The 60's and 70's were groovy man... :p
From Wikipedia:
Notable pop and rock songs recorded with the celesta include:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99