WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Some of these things are huge (and expensive) and you'd be smart not to fly them anywhere near a tree!

Mine wasn't expensive, as a matter fact it was pretty simple, dad didn't want to get me the expensive ones, with the reason :D. It wouldn't manage a whole week.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So picked up my old blog again. Need to do something old, new again.

I think I'll add a new section called "On Stage" for folks who like the feel of the blog and want to submit a guest post.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

I can't remember if you supplied a link to it or not... ?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Mine wasn't expensive, as a matter fact it was pretty simple, dad didn't want to get me the expensive ones, with the reason :D. It wouldn't manage a whole week.

I haven't owned a kite for several decades now. I do like them but at the end of the day I don't see the point.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So picked up my old blog again. Need to do something old, new again.

I think I'll add a new section called "On Stage" for folks who like the feel of the blog and want to submit a guest post.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

Short history lesson...I started this in 2011. Posted proficiently for about 2 years, then go sidetracked. It wasn't supposed to be a crazy blow the world up sort of thing, just something casual that came out of how folks on my Facebook page responded to positive comments and conversations.

So I'm picking it up again. I'm not sure how frequently I will post, but I'll post more frequently. Folks here are free to dig through and comment on stuff they liked...I had one of the original guys here commented on stuff a while back.

I think even the favorite quotes section I'll open that up to guest suggestions (which will be credited appropriately, of course).

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

So this weekend was interesting.

Saturday our four slice toaster died and we decided to get a new one through warranty, we decided to get extended warranty because we've had issues in the past. The toaster was nice but had one bad design flaw. For whatever reason you could only use one side of the toaster unless you were toasting four slices. So that one side would eventually burn out quicker than the other side, which is what happened. So we returned it.

We couldn't find a toaster. There's a 'retro' trend in toasters at the moment which we don't really like. So they gave us a gift card to use. We ended up using that towards the Bose Soundlink Mini 2. We were planning on going for a Bose wireless system but we just decided to have two Soundlinks. One for upstairs, one for downstairs. It works. :)

So you're probably wondering about the toaster situation....

We bought one, probably the most expensive four slice toasters I'll ever buy. However, it matches our other appliances. It is very neat though but I need to use it more to give a complete review of it.

Next will be the kettle... it's the only thing left that doesn't match. It's next. :p

Keep boiling water in it and conveniently forget to put the water in it, voila, you will have a new kettle that matches the rest of your appliances :p

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I haven't owned a kite for several decades now. I do like them but at the end of the day I don't see the point.

I have about three in our beach goody bag...and we fly them regularly, the ladybug seems to get the most usage followed closely by the red Angry Bird.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

We were thinking the Dyson Animal to start with but now that's changed as the wife wants a HEPA filter which is only on one V6 and on the V8 models. They're not cheap so we'll have to wait for a sale.

With my allergies, I only buy vacuum cleaners with a HEPA filter. I looked at the Consumer Reports ratings and got one last year on Amazon, it's a Hoover and it is awesome. My original Hoover still works great but I like the new one since it is much lighter and has stronger suction with less power usage. The old one needs to get donated. I usually go with Consumer Reports ratings when deciding to buy an appliance and so far haven't gone wrong once yet...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

In my backyard garden. I have five different heritage varieties growing.

No tomatoes here but I have eggplant, chilli, mint, a leafy green (that everyone in the house except me loves), taro and curry leaves. That is all in the collection for now. Oh and I need to go and pick up the two fig trees from the nursery that were purchased last week. I was waiting for my friend (who has a pickup truck) to come back from vacation.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

With my allergies, I only buy vacuum cleaners with a HEPA filter. I looked at the Consumer Reports ratings and got one last year on Amazon, it's a Hoover and it is awesome. My original Hoover still works great but I like the new one since it is much lighter and has stronger suction with less power usage. The old one needs to get donated. I usually go with Consumer Reports ratings when deciding to buy an appliance and so far haven't gone wrong once yet...

We also have chilies which are just starting to grow and some herbs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb