WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Looks like $400 is where the real action is this year. For $400, you can pick between:

Honor 8, Axon 7, OnePlus 3, Xiaomi Mi 5, Alcatel Idol 4S.

I'm curious to see if the 1080P HTC made Google phone will fall into this list. And slowly but surely, the G5's price keeps creeping down into this price range.

Meanwhile, you can also get a Nexus 6P 64GB for $400.

And in the land of WIndows, $400 gets you a brand new 950. You're better off spending $300 for the AT&T version and letting them unlock that instead...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

For 18 years I had a good run, I loved what I did for work and it paid me good money for me to do things that were great outside of work as well. But with the recent changes I'm not sure if I can continue to say that. One of the reasons I accepted the new position is that I will have more options outside the industry that I am in currently. Ideally I would like to be an entrepreneur but that is still a pipe dream at the moment.

Everyone wants to be an entrepreneur however, not everyone is going to succeed at it. Also once trapped in the money leaving account on a monthly basis scheme, it's difficult to transition, especially if you're pay is half decent and your monthly pay out scheme is high.

I have read of part time entrepreneurs, (full time work, part time business) which could be a safe starting point but it all comes down to what you want as a business. Some businesses don't work well part time.

Unfortunately I haven't overly enjoyed working life that much which is why I enjoy the other things in life more.

I never found much joy in work, except occasionally when things just flowed. I haven't had moments like that for some time and lately it's seems unlikely to change any time soon.

Truth is, regardless what you get paid, working for someone else just generally sucks.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

And in the land of WIndows, $400 gets you a brand new 950. You're better off spending $300 for the AT&T version and letting them unlock that instead...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

Except that the ATT version gets hosed on firmware updates. Still waiting for the firmware on my 950 to fix the cellular signal disconnect.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Looks like $400 is where the real action is this year. For $400, you can pick between:

Honor 8, Axon 7, OnePlus 3, Xiaomi Mi 5, Alcatel Idol 4S.

I'm curious to see if the 1080P HTC made Google phone will fall into this list. And slowly but surely, the G5's price keeps creeping down into this price range.

Meanwhile, you can also get a Nexus 6P 64GB for $400.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

Except that the ATT version gets hosed on firmware updates. Still waiting for the firmware on my 950 to fix the cellular signal disconnect.

Way better off by getting an unlocked one on Swappa for about $325 and showing the middle finger to AT&T!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

AT&T always hoses people with updates. I've uses enough of their carrier unlocked phones for them to fly a kite for all I care...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I started with something like you have now when I was 14 I think. Luckily didn't get much worse, my cousin is already on -3ish. Luckily when you stop growing it doesn't change anymore, at least that's what I heard.

I really don't know, I just hope it doesn't get worse. I was told that by the time it would go to normal, or at least become a bit better.
I never knew world was such a colorful place, lol.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

You can get New ones as well for that price.

I know, but again, not everybody wants to go to Swappa.

I must say though, the blue Honor 8 looks so damn good (black looks nice too). If they used the P9's camera, I think the G5 still beats it.

It is crazy to think that of the $400 options this year, the weakest one is the Mi 5...and that's a very capable device in its own right...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I know, but again, not everybody wants to go to Swappa.

I must say though, the blue Honor 8 looks so damn good (black looks nice too). If they used the P9's camera, I think the G5 still beats it.

It is crazy to think that of the $400 options this year, the weakest one is the Mi 5...and that's a very capable device in its own right...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

I like the Honor 8 in White a bit better.
For some reason the G5 is still a non starter for me. I don't even see it pop up in the resale market much as well.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Every time I'm listening to this song I get like a uncontrolable flow of thoughts, like what the hell I'm doing with my life, where's it going, then I remember I'm still young, but again I also remember I'm already 18 and one step in the real world. That kind of stuff. Am I the only one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwYX52BP2Sk

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Microsoft is tweaking Bing Rewards again so I decided to cash out all my points today and got Amazon and Starbucks gift cards.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Microsoft is tweaking Bing Rewards again so I decided to cash out all my points today and got Amazon and Starbucks gift cards.

I'm curious to see what happens... from the video, the prices seem to just be multiplied by 10 and the points you have are multiplied by 10... but will all the same rewards be available? IDK.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm curious to see what happens... from the video, the prices seem to just be multiplied by 10 and the points you have are multiplied by 10... but will all the same rewards be available? IDK.
I didn't want to wait and so cashed my points out...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I like the Honor 8 in White a bit better.
For some reason the G5 is still a non starter for me. I don't even see it pop up in the resale market much as well.

It's a non starter because of how LG marketed the modules, made the build quality feel like a damn prototype with the finish of the bottom and how they used the paint to cover the metal, made the auto brightness hyper aggressive and stuck to a 2K display to be powered by a 2800 mah battery for about 4 hrs SOT. Ordinarily, I'd stay away, but the one redeeming feature is exactly what I want...

That camera, especially the wide angle lens.

Which is why, at the right price, it blows away all the $400 phones in my book. Still, competition at that price point this year is stiff...the Mi 5 is really good but will get lost as the other offerings are more compelling...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

The V20 is probably a non-starter for me. It's supposed to be modular as well. The module thing just doesn't appeal to me.

I do like the V10.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I don't mind LG's take on modularity. I don't mind the concept of modularity. The issue I have is you cannot really build the phone you want because transferring the scale of production to the consumer yet hasn't been done in a way where OEMs can still make a profit.

My issue with LG this was that Lenovo has a better execution in their modular concept. LG should have talked up the camera and improved the build quality for the G5. Yet they delivered only two swappable pieces, both overwhelmingly expensive and underwhelming in performance. Of course they deserve the press they get.

I'm not a fan of either company's take on mods because you're paying way more for the experience. Especially for Moto because if you use the phone as is, you're paying near flagship prices.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

If you have an interference timing belt then yes, your pistons and cams are shot, otherwise you should be okay. Usually the replacement along with a new water pump should run you about $800 or so.
so an update on the car. the pistons are still good. that's great. I just needed to buy a new water pump and timing belt and spark plugs. all for a grand total of 350$. I say it worked out :D

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

@sahib: what was with your car? I missed it.
long story. as I was leaving orland to work. as I was driving on the highway at 55MPH. All of a sudden my throttle went limp and the car shut off. I thought I accidently put my car in neutral but I checked and it wasn't. I ended stopping at the edge of the road. I was trying to turn back the car but it would not turn back on. it sounded like the ignition was stuck.

so I called up a buddy of mine and he took me work. so then I came back after work, and got it towed back to a mechanic. he looked at it and then told him the timing belt broke. I thought it was the end of my car :(. the roods , the pistons and the cams are down for! then he told me to buy the timing belt and water pump with new spark plugs. he put it all back and then it turned back on!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb