WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Yep, that's the one. It's from a tweet she put out.

Text of tweet - This is how I'm running errands from now on.

I personally get the joke and apparently so did Usain. Unfortunately there's a lot of people wringing their hands over it.

1st world problems :confused: Everyone has to be offended and make it publicly known :(

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I know but it is a bit expensive. Basic one is 540? without keyboard. Not sure if I would pay so much for it, might be better to get something more powerful. But pen would be useful because I won't be writing equations on keyboard that's for sure.

I wasn't sure how much it is where you live. I figured since I had a good experience with mine when I took programimg, it would be helpful for you

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Windows AU saga...
1. SP3 - updated itself without any issues.
2. Dell XPS 13 - same result as the SP3
3. Dell Venue 8 Pro - brute force method, media creation tool and 30 minutes later, up and running.
4. Toshiba Satellite U2505 - 6 year old laptop, took a few regular updates and then using the Learn More link in the Update menu, and forcing the AU update, about three hours later, up and running as well.
5. My Acer Aspire Netbook - I haven't updated that one yet.

So far I haven't had any major issues that people are describing on the various forums and I haven't had to resort to some of the gimmicks that I had to last year when I first updated the Acer Aspire to Windows 10.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Windows AU saga...
1. SP3 - updated itself without any issues.
2. Dell XPS 13 - same result as the SP3
3. Dell Venue 8 Pro - brute force method, media creation tool and 30 minutes later, up and running.
4. Toshiba Satellite U2505 - 6 year old laptop, took a few regular updates and then using the Learn More link in the Update menu, and forcing the AU update, about three hours later, up and running as well.
5. My Acer Aspire Netbook - I haven't updated that one yet.

So far I haven't had any major issues that people are describing on the various forums and I haven't had to resort to some of the gimmicks that I had to last year when I first updated the Acer Aspire to Windows 10.
I forced it on my PC and after update when opening browser PC would hang itself so I had to revert back, will try update again at later date.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

You know why I was asking, saw a tons of articles ranting about it the morning it came out on PC.
Anyway, I'm glad it's running just fine for you, have fun exploring the universe!
Wow! This game has totally consumed all of my free time! I love it!!

I haven't even played Clash Royale on my phone for the last few days...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Wow! This game has totally consumed all of my free time! I love it!!

I haven't even played Clash Royale on my phone for the last few days...
In a way I'm glad I never got into games.

I don't have that much free time and what little I do I prefer to do other things.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

In a way I'm glad I never got into games.

I don't have that much free time and what little I do I prefer to do other things.

You're better off in the long run... Now I have to stop by GameStop after work to see if they have any physical copies of the Nuka World map still available. Gamer's World Problems.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Az, how do you like the P9 so far? What's the camera performance been like? I ask as it looks like the Honor 8 is a scaled down P9 and has made things more interesting at $400...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

There are some things i miss from the Honor 6 like the remote control, magnifying glass, mirror... But that could be due to the Android version.

As to the camera, the tweaks made together with Leica makes a difference. It subjectively shoots better than my iPhone 6.

The LTE performance is better than my iPhone too, but I guess in this area everything else is better than the iPhone.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Been in meetings pretty much all day since 10 AM today, aargh, still one hour to go.
Oh and I might have to jump on a plane on Monday AM to go to Wisconsin....
And need to prep for an audit next week as well....
When it rains, it is a torrential downpour!

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Been in meetings pretty much all day since 10 AM today, aargh, still one hour to go.
Oh and I might have to jump on a plane on Monday AM to go to Wisconsin....
And need to prep for an audit next week as well....
When it rains, it is a torrential downpour!

We've been experiencing rain for the past three weeks and it has affected the turbidity of water supply.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

There are some things i miss from the Honor 6 like the remote control, magnifying glass, mirror... But that could be due to the Android version.

As to the camera, the tweaks made together with Leica makes a difference. It subjectively shoots better than my iPhone 6.

The LTE performance is better than my iPhone too, but I guess in this area everything else is better than the iPhone.

Good to hear it. I'm tempted to keep my Maxx as my back up phone and ship the Xiaomi back home instead because size and weight wise, it's a better fit for my friend. If I do that, I'm torn between the Honor 8 and the G5 (no Axon 7 or OP3 for me due to size).

How's the low light performance? I've seen stuff where the G5 wins. If that's the case, I'd pick that...but if the performance is decent enough I may try for the Honor 8 on discount...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Low light performance is good, here's one...
47240d10efd2316394b17c8c8e875567.jpg

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

And oh I forgot a few things:
- sound quality is pretty good and has lots of power for my IEMs.
- it can bloody charge the AM180 noise cancelling IEM

It doesn't have NFC (not a big deal) nor ANT+ (big deal) on the other hand.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

I did a quick check on the specs and that thing is a P9 sans the brushed body. Same camera configuration, same sensor but don't know if same camera lens specified by Leica. It has the knuckle gestures, multifunction fingerprint sensor, NFC.

Damn...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I did a quick check on the specs and that thing is a P9 sans the brushed body. Same camera configuration, same sensor but don't know if same camera lens specified by Leica. It has the knuckle gestures, multifunction fingerprint sensor, NFC.

Damn...

And that is why I called dibs on one...hopefully it should be here in a few weeks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss