WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

My first flight...
ea3f50390db23ef828781bccc1434911.jpg

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

The Rings 2020, 5x the Terror?
Where everyone in the olympic village accidentally watches the cursed tape. Sadako then becomes an olympic diving medalist, a runner, a weight-lifter, a boxing champion, and a golfer, sans doping!!! by dragging every other competitor to a watery grave in a nearby well throughout the entire competition!!!

With a game called Sadako-go available in IOS and android .... and windowsphone if you sign the petition or if we reach our kickstarter stretch goals to support windows 10 mobile.

And I guess the Olympics would only last 7 days that year.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Sometimes a benefit of my weird commute is to work on blog entries...if you type fast and are on a good flow you can knock out s good draft and not worry about editing until later...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

I am still always on the lookout for ideas...it is a very casual reading blog...just a way to be a bit thought provoking in a chill manner...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

And I guess the Olympics would only last 7 days that year.

I hope the Olympics finds a permanent home and stops all this nonsense of building crap in cities all over the world. That's what I'd like to see.

Personally don't care about sports or Olympics in general but for some reason the Olympics has my ire today. I guess it goes with news that the UK has been pumping ?100's millions into it from lottery funding (usually set aside for charity and other causes) and so far is leaving zero legacy. Now that all the stars are retiring.

No schools have better facilities. No increase uptake from younger people. No improvement in fitness for students. It's done wonders hasn't it? This quest for a trinket and to be considered 'the best' because that's important in the world...

Sports is great... it does a great job of caring about itself...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I hope the Olympics finds a permanent home and stops all this nonsense of building crap in cities all over the world. That's what I'd like to see.

Personally don't care about sports or Olympics in general but for some reason the Olympics has my ire today. I guess it goes with news that the UK has been pumping ?100's millions into it from lottery funding (usually set aside for charity and other causes) and so far is leaving zero legacy. Now that all the stars are retiring.

No schools have better facilities. No increase uptake from younger people. No improvement in fitness for students. It's done wonders hasn't it? This quest for a trinket and to be considered 'the best' because that's important in the world...

I see they got you riled up today...

Cannot blame you though. Brazil spend millions on both the World Cup and the Olympics and I doubt there's much to show for it...

Leave it in Greece. I'm sure the Greeks wouldn't mind the infusion of cash every 4 years or so...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

As much as I like the Mi 5, it I were to be objective, it is one of the weaker offerings in the cutthroat $400 price range. The software needs a bit more tuning to be battery efficient, they need wider LTE band support, the camera needs to be a bit better and a signature feature is missing.

Here's what I mean:

The Axon 7 has killer audio. The Honor 8 (if the camera is even 80% as good as the P9) may have a killer camera. The OP3 is a very good developer style offering. And even the Idol 4s is a multimedia beast.

The Mi 5 has a nice enough design, a nice enough screen and a nice enough camera. If you don't need much from your phone, the Mi 5 does the job. But if they had snuck wireless charging on it or something else, it would have something else to offer. It's a nice compact phone, but the Honor 8 as another compact Chinese phone offers a little bit more.

If I were buying a phone now in that $400 space, the Honor 8 would be in the lead.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

As much as I like the Mi 5, it I were to be objective, it is one of the weaker offerings in the cutthroat $400 price range. The software needs a bit more tuning to be battery efficient, they need wider LTE band support, the camera needs to be a bit better and a signature feature is missing.

Here's what I mean:

The Axon 7 has killer audio. The Honor 8 (if the camera is even 80% as good as the P9) may have a killer camera. The OP3 is a very good developer style offering. And even the Idol 4s is a multimedia beast.

The Mi 5 has a nice enough design, a nice enough screen and a nice enough camera. If you don't need much from your phone, the Mi 5 does the job. But if they had snuck wireless charging on it or something else, it would have something else to offer. It's a nice compact phone, but the Honor 8 as another compact Chinese phone offers a little bit more.

If I were buying a phone now in that $400 space, the Honor 8 would be in the lead.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
I agree and am planning to keep the Honor 8 if the camera is good.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Rue, speaking of the Only, I've got some thoughts on the Ryan Lotche fiasco I'll post on the blog. The short version I'll leave here is that he's an *** of serious proportions.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I see they got you riled up today...

Cannot blame you though. Brazil spend millions on both the World Cup and the Olympics and I doubt there's much to show for it...

Leave it in Greece. I'm sure the Greeks wouldn't mind the infusion of cash every 4 years or so...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

Agree completely with it being in Greece and for the reason stated.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Rue, speaking of the Only, I've got some thoughts on the Ryan Lotche fiasco I'll post on the blog. The short version I'll leave here is that he's an *** of serious proportions.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

I'm sure some of those elite athletes are very nice people but there sure are some genuine jerks as well.

I was watching the regular foodie show yesterday (Sunday) which has a chef and a guy that normally does sports commentary. There was a couple of athletes on there. What typically happens is that they get the guest up to help with the cooking. This time the talk about sports just kept going, the food talk got completely missed as they were so absorbed with their chat about cycling. The athlete was a complete tool though. Didn't seem like a nice person at all.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm sure some of those elite athletes are very nice people but there sure are some genuine jerks as well.

I was watching the regular foodie show yesterday (Sunday) which has a chef and a guy that normally does sports commentary. There was a couple of athletes on there. What typically happens is that they get the guest up to help with the cooking. This time the talk about sports just kept going, the food talk got completely missed as they were so absorbed with their chat about cycling. The athlete was a complete tool though. Didn't seem like a nice person at all.
Ryan Lochte, the biggest jerk of them all!

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I'm sure it brings in a lot of money to the locals of the hosted site... via sales and robbery ;)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm sure it brings in a lot of money to the locals of the hosted site... via sales and robbery ;)

Apparently most Olympics have been profitable. I'm doubting the Brazil one is unless they use some sort of accountancy trick.

Thing is, the left overs from the Olympics is the issue. Most cities don't need such a large stadium. The accommodation usually gets bought up by rich people and then rented out or whatever. It's not a very egalitarian thing at all. I see no benefits to the countries that host this mess every four years, especially for the 'regular' people.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I've never really cared about the Olympics myself. However my wife is into the gymnastics and swimming, so every 4 years, the Olympics become my background noise while I'm doing something else. Although my 3 year old liked to imitate what was going on and it made it quite amusing. At one point she was running around, twirling a lanyard, while the ribbon twirling (is that really a sport) was going on.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I'm with you on that one. The dumbest thing you can do is build something worth 100s of milions and use is only for two weeks.

Brazil built a stadium in a city where there's no football club.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yup, many are tools because they have to be. Not that much different than other lines of work honestly...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro