WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Flight was delayed 4 hours due to a malfunction in the right engine...grrr....well better to be safe than sorry.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

They did that knowing they were going to get the world cup and Olympics back to back.

But I agree, it was a waste of funds. I get the concept behind moving the games around, but I'd honestly leave it in Greece and move the World Championships around anyways among a short list of countries. That way the cost of the games is less a burden and you put the Greeks in a position where they can plan for this year's in advance and they can get some monetary assistance.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

That'd demand a serious funds and a new loan, I don't know if the citizens wouls approve, but again it could make their way through that crisis a but less painful. They'd need to make it profitable, and you can see how that's been working for them.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I swear a god I haven't seen Sahib's post when I quoted you 99. Damn I'm getting good at predicting Sahib's actions and thoughts.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That'd demand a serious funds and a new loan, I don't know if the citizens wouls approve, but again it could make their way through that crisis a but less painful. They'd need to make it profitable, and you can see how that's been working for them.

If the Olympics stayed in one place it would be profitable. It's the cost of construction that causes the money issues and the timescales. Greece already has the facilities they would just need to maintain them and possibly upgrade them as necessary.

The opening ceremony could be toned down to be something more meaningful instead of the be 'spectacular' it is now. Our expectations are ridiculous with the Olympics now. It should be just about the athletes and their abilities No one really cares about the opening and closing ceremonies.

So on the whole it would be good for Greece and their economy. They could actually employee people for it instead of everyone being volunteers.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Just reached WI after an hour's drive. Might stop by on the way back for a couple of interesting pictures if time permits.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It is very hard to train millennials who are overly proven to millennial stubbornness moments...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb