WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

The Z2 & Z3 (more so the Z3) were the best in the Z series. Not surprised they didn't get 7.0, but was hopeful for my tab at least. Welcome to 64-bit Android...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

At this moment in time I haven't got a clue what phone to get. I'd like to wait for Nokia but it kind of depends if my phone will make it. It seems to be having issues lately due to the replacement display (though it could be the tempered glass) and the possible multiple drops (no breaks just drops).

The worst part is the only phone that even slightly appeals to me is the Z5 and I really don't want a Sony.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

I was using the Beta 4. It was nice but was still lacking a bit in performance. I liked it though. I agree I probably wouldn't use the window function much but I can see it being useful for tablets.
Well only tablet I have is Tab Pro from Samsung and it got exactly 1 update since purchase and even this one was small. It's stuck on Android 4.4

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well only tablet I have is Tab Pro from Samsung and it got exactly 1 update since purchase and even this one was small. It's stuck on Android 4.4

Samsung is not known for being the best at updating anything. Even though most OEMs are pathetic when it comes to updating Android, something that seriously needs to be fixed, Samsung is probably the biggest name and the biggest problem. You can sort of forgive small OEMs but a company with the resources Samsung has it's pretty pathetic. It's one of the reasons why I'll never buy a Samsung device after the tablet we bought, which received surprisingly two updates.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Samsung is not known for being the best at updating anything. Even though most OEMs are pathetic when it comes to updating Android, something that seriously needs to be fixed, Samsung is probably the biggest name and the biggest problem. You can sort of forgive small OEMs but a company with the resources Samsung has it's pretty pathetic. It's one of the reasons why I'll never buy a Samsung device after the tablet we bought, which received surprisingly two updates.
Well it's my last tablet, with Android anyway. Nexus is more powerful than it so any games I play I play on Nexus now. I only have it for occasional web browsing and video watching :)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

At this moment in time I haven't got a clue what phone to get. I'd like to wait for Nokia but it kind of depends if my phone will make it. It seems to be having issues lately due to the replacement display (though it could be the tempered glass) and the possible multiple drops (no breaks just drops).

The worst part is the only phone that even slightly appeals to me is the Z5 and I really don't want a Sony.

My choices are the Honor 8 or the G5. As much as I'm enjoying the MIUI experience, I need the better LTE performance and still-wise, the Honor 8 is better than the Mi 5. I'll also take a look at the 1080P Nexus too.

The truth is, there's nothing really appealing for me. If I had better bands, I'd keep the Mi 5 100%. Hardware has plateaued in such a way that taking a chance on brands like Sony makes no sense anymore. While Sony can claim that they've given the full 2 years support wise, updates have been slow and with the advent of security patches, forget it.

What I want is simple...but no OEM has really been able to provide it yet...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Well it's my last tablet, with Android anyway. Nexus is more powerful than it so any games I play I play on Nexus now. I only have it for occasional web browsing and video watching :)
Having used the Samsung Tab S2 for the last few months here are my thoughts. Screen is excellent. Battery life is superb, can go toe to toe with the iPad Mini 4 ( can't say that about my DV8P though). It's on Marshmallow currently and I see no difference in performance from the prior Lollipop version. My only worry is that it may never get updated to Nougat. And Chromecast doesn't work perfectly in terms of displaying the video full screen on my TV. Other than that, absolutely no issues. I'm surprised how well TouchWiz works - the only device where I don't have a launcher of any sort.

Last edited:

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

My choices are the Honor 8 or the G5. As much as I'm enjoying the MIUI experience, I need the better LTE performance and still-wise, the Honor 8 is better than the Mi 5. I'll also take a look at the 1080P Nexus too.

The truth is, there's nothing really appealing for me. If I had better bands, I'd keep the Mi 5 100%. Hardware has plateaued in such a way that taking a chance on brands like Sony makes no sense anymore. While Sony can claim that they've given the full 2 years support wise, updates have been slow and with the advent of security patches, forget it.

What I want is simple...but no OEM has really been able to provide it yet...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
I'm going to try out the Honor 8 and then take a peek at the new 5" Nexus in November. I'm not enamored by the Apple like massive top and bottom bezels on the 5" Nexus though. Google and HTC cut the wrong corners by not putting in BoomSound dual front speakers.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

With my new work role, travel is going to pick up and so reluctantly I'm going to get the iPhone 7 xxGB version via work. With a lot of travel I want work stuff to be in sync. I'll have to decide which device to use on the personal line after that.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Having used the Samsung Tab S2 for the last few months here are my thoughts. Screen is excellent. Battery life is superb, can go toe to toe with the iPad Mini 4 ( can't say that about my DV8P though). It's on Marshmallow currently and I see no difference in performance from the prior Lollipop version. My only worry is that it may never get updated to Nougat. And Chromecast doesn't work perfectly in terms of displaying the video full screen on my TV. Other than that, absolutely no issues. I'm surprised how well TouchWiz works the only device where I don't have a launcher of any sort.
I put launcher on mine I think 2 weeks after purchase Other than that no updates complaint I really don't have any other. In 2 years I haven't done a single factory reset. It's decent but now I have phone that's better then tablet. Ok battery got worse over time but you would expect that :D

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I put launcher on mine I think 2 weeks after purchase Other than that no updates complaint I really don't have any other. In 2 years I haven't done a single factory reset. It's decent but now I have phone that's better then tablet. Ok battery got worse over time but you would expect that :D
Battery life has held up for me and I pretty much watch everything on this tablet.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm going to try out the Honor 8 and then take a peek at the new 5" Nexus in November. I'm not enamored by the Apple like massive top and bottom bezels on the 5" Nexus though. Google and HTC cut the wrong corners by not putting in BoomSound dual front speakers.

Agreed. I'd be more impressed if Google & HTC had squeezed a 5.2" and a 5.7" screen into the reported 5.0" and 5.5" chassis for the new Nexus if they weren't giving front facing speakers...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Agreed. I'd be more impressed if Google & HTC had squeezed a 5.2" and a 5.7" screen into the reported 5.0" and 5.5" chassis for the new Nexus if they weren't giving front facing speakers...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
Yup, as it is we lose a third of an inch at the bottom for the navigation bar.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb