WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

They will continually milk the low storage cost as long as they can. Worst offender being Apple of course. It just saddens me think it's taken this long to get to 32GB as standard and I have no doubt we'll still see phones with 16GB.... if not 8GB... with OS getting larger I can't seen the justification.

Well got my point made for me. New Acer phones have 32GB, 16GB and 8GB of storage... in 2016...

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

They will continually milk the low storage cost as long as they can. Worst offender being Apple of course. It just saddens me think it's taken this long to get to 32MB as standard and I have no doubt we'll still see phones with 16MB.... if not 8MB... with OS getting larger I can't seen the justification.

Rene Ritchie wrote the one good article I've respected him for on this topic, so I don't even mention Apple anymore in this matter.

On the Android side, we'll see. I think there the race to the midrange is going to leave more room for increased storage.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Rene Ritchie wrote the one good article I've respected him for on this topic, so I don't even mention Apple anymore in this matter.

On the Android side, we'll see. I think there the race to the midrange is going to leave more room for increased storage.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

The mid and low range should not dip below 16GB IMO at this stage of the game but of course it's all about cutting cost by cutting corners.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The mid and low range should not dip below 16GB IMO at this stage of the game but of course it's all about cutting cost by cutting corners.

Yup. Blu is always interesting. Never understood why they as a premiere cheap phone maker just don't cut the line up down and offer better software support...instead of pumping out new phones with little support.

That tells me OEMs just want to push hardware and cut corners. So that's why I thumb my nose at them.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Told you to cha be the battery on that N5...at this point if I keep two phones, it looks like that's how I'd get good audio, camera and battery life...as no one has it in the price range I'm looking at.

I did change the battery on one N5. Too bored to do that in this one.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

99 likes it way more than me. Too ulcer inducing these days due to the glut overall in the secondary market.

The used car market and gently used mint condition phone market have striking paralles these days.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I did change the battery on one N5. Too bored to do that in this one.

Not bored enough to wheel and deal, I see.

I'm "surprised" that with your affinty for the N5, you didn't change the battery on this one...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
New Zenwatch 3 is interesting. I'll wait for a proper review though.

Cannot say I share your interest levels. I think Asus cut a few corners in some spots I'm not a fan of so far. Let's see how the new Moto 360 looks first.

If I keep two Androids, I'll get another smart watch. Probably a 2015 model.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Only thing distincly British these days is the weather...

Yes about the weather but there is some 'distinctly' British things that you only notice if you live here.

The thing is though, what exactly is British? The 'idealism' comes from mostly the Victorians, most of the 'values' which has stuck around till now. Which is why there are issues here.

It's this ideology that has caused the mindset that the UK is somehow more special than anywhere else in the EU...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Cannot say I share your interest levels. I think Asus cut a few corners in some spots I'm not a fan of so far. Let's see how the new Moto 360 looks first.

If I keep two Androids, I'll get another smart watch. Probably a 2015 model.

As I stated, I'm waiting for an official review of it. I saw the hands on over on Android Central and they had a few comments about quality so I'll wait for a production model review before making comment on it. I thought it was intriguing due to the cost and the two day battery statement.

The design isn't half bad, not sure about the rose ring though. Of course doing the proprietary bands is annoying.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

As I stated, I'm waiting for an official review of it. I saw the hands on over on Android Central and they had a few comments about quality so I'll wait for a production model review before making comment on it. I thought it was intriguing due to the cost and the two day battery statement.

The design isn't half bad, not sure about the rose ring though. Of course doing the proprietary bands is annoying.

With mixed usage, I used to get two days with the 360 (2014), G Watch R and Sony SW3.

So that battery life statement doesn't impress me unless they mean "two days with heavy usage".

We'll see. My guess is to skip the 2016 models altogether, but I'm curious to look at them in person. What I want is the restart option and the ability to use the power button to turn the watch off fully via long press to return.

I don't think Google will offer much with their watches either, but I could be wrong...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Nothing too Great about Britain these days...

Did you know the Britain is just another form of Brittany? As in the area from France.

The only great thing is the Brexit and the fall of Boris!
And yes, I did know about Britain being another form of Brittany (like in France).

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Not bored enough to wheel and deal, I see.

I'm "surprised" that with your affinty for the N5, you didn't change the battery on this one...

The frame has multiple cracks and I am afraid the battery swap might crack the frame even more and the buttons then are a PITA to insert correctly ergo the inertia in terms of a new battery on this N5.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)