WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

October?! Dang that's such a long time. I had to wait 2 weeks and I thought that wad a long time

We have a dumb system. First you get a paper which proovs that you've passed the test, it takes two weeks to get it. When you do, you make a copy for yourself, and hand the original to police. Now, you'll get your driver's licence based on that document, which takes another 2 weeks. So yes, stupidm

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Congrats but this sounds like "wild west" to me, 20 minute drive, I drove more for the 50ccm scooter. And 40 candidates? Here you have exact time you have to be where drive starts and then you drive, alone with instructor and the "guy". Do you have to drive on motorways, town and local roads too? Because here there has to be enough of everything, even roundabouts.
And October?!? I passed my licence at 11 am, and got licence(temporary one made of paper) same day at 2pm. One month seems like awful lot.

It doesn't sound like wild west, it is one. They just tell us to get there at 8 am and that's it, you have to wait for your turn.
25 minutes is the minimum required, but I drove less than that, about 20. And no rides on roundabouts, highways or whatever, just on the streets of town. It does happen sometimes that they take you to a regional road, but that's all. Honestly, if you can drive through town, you can do it on the highway too.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Don't forget that this is a country with three presidents, so a little nonsense in those driving tests and the whole proccess isn't something you wouldn't expect.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

It doesn't sound like wild west, it is one. They just tell us to get there at 8 am and that's it, you have to wait for your turn.
25 minutes is the minimum required, but I drove less than that, about 20. And no rides on roundabouts, highways or whatever, just on the streets of town. It does happen sometimes that they take you to a regional road, but that's all. Honestly, if you can drive through town, you can do it on the highway too.
Well sure, most people who can drive around town can also drive on motorways, BUT some afraid of speed and then they are merging on motorway with 70km/h, awfully dangerous and annoying if you are merging behind them.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'd love to see some castles. I watched a show on Netflix about famous castles in the UK, and it was fascinating.
A lot of the castles that are privately owned usually allow visitors. Unfortunately they also charge quite a bit.

The ones on the National Trust and English Heritage tend to be in a ruined state or in need of repair. Some are better than others.

Dunster Castle was nice outside but unfortunately the inside was 'modernized' in Victorian times. I liked the gardens around the castle and the outside best.

There was some nice detail work inside but nothing that grand.

Wales has the most castles and Scotland has some nice ones. There are three castles in England that I like so far but need to some others. So far my favourite are Leeds, Arundel and Bodium. Just for aesthetics.

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well sure, most people who can drive around town can also drive on motorways, BUT some afraid of speed and then they are merging on motorway with 70km/h, awfully dangerous and annoying if you are merging behind them.
That happens everywhere.

Though speed is dangerous I find slow drivers on motorways/highways to be more of a danger.

So many people don't know how to merge.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Trust me, coming from a person who drives on a motorway everyday to get to work, there are a lot of people who shouldn't be driving on a motorway and it isn't the same thing as driving through town.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Trust me, coming from a person who drives on a motorway everyday to get to work, there are a lot of people who shouldn't be driving on a motorway and it isn't the same thing as driving through town.

Totally agree.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Morning gang!

Working like mad.. Doubles after doubles after doubles..

Crazy!

Hope all is well with everyone here! I'm off tomorrow and will try to check in and catch up.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Found this on a clearance table at Walmart the other night while I was there buying storm prep items..

I've been in the market for a good gaming mouse.. Stumbled across this bad boy; originally $79.99 (USD) marked down to $59.99.... Then tossed onto the clearance table for $34.00!!!!

SCORE!!!

image.jpeg

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Dusted off the 1520 this morning also... Updated everything.

What's the latest version of Win10MO?

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

We don't have a single highway completed, just partions of few them. And it would cost too much to get to one. The nearest one is at least 80km from our town. There are many reasons not to do it.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Found this on a clearance table at Walmart the other night while I was there buying storm prep items..

I've been in the market for a good gaming mouse.. Stumbled across this bad boy; originally $79.99 (USD) marked down to $59.99.... Then tossed onto the clearance table for $34.00!!!!

SCORE!!!

View attachment 130170

You might be the luckiest person on this thread.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I saw yall's discussion about Dio... I must say; he was, and still is one of the greatest metal singers and voices of all time!

Vivian Cambell's contributions to Holy Diver were also one the most influential and inspiring sessions of guitar work in the 80's.. Which are still unmatched to this day! Made a big impression on me as a young guitar player back then...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786