WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I'll only say this.

If you want to have a friendship, keep doing that. If your want something else make it known sooner rather than later.

Whether you're a boy or a girl, you want to know if someone is interested in you. Dragging things on can send the wrong message.

I'm sure this advice has come up before...
To the same person nonetheless😉

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I just think it's kind of subjective to say the sound will sound more crisper because of the change from the 3.5 jack to usb-C or lightning. I can guarantee that the hardcore apple users will swear ,once they try those new ear pods,that it sounds so much better than any other headphones they tried. It'll be a placebo effect. That's my take on this whole removing the headphone jack

Both Laura and I agree with you.

I can take it further by saying that most people have preconceived ideas of what sounds good to them. The 'audiophiles' have been shown time again that some of their 'beliefs' are ludicrous. The human sound range is in the middle of the spectrum. Good, but not great.

Quality earphones/earbuds and a good DAC and you're good to go, connection is irrelevant. Most PC and mobile phone built in DACs are middle of the road which is why the sound is 'OK'.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Both Laura and I agree with you.

I can take it further by saying that most people have preconceived ideas of what sounds good to them. The 'audiophiles' have been shown time again that some of their 'beliefs' are ludicrous. The human sound range is in the middle of the spectrum. Good, but not great.

Quality earphones/earbuds and a good DAC and you're good to go, connection is irrelevant. Most PC and mobile phone built in DACs are middle of the road which is why the sound is 'OK'.
I'll also add that I listen to vinyl on my turntable and stereo system at home (which I purchased back in 1985). So I probably have more experience with analog sound than many folks on this forum have been alive.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I've read some other things while trying to find that article about coat hangers. Apparently the new buzzword in audiophile world is 'skin effect'.

This is when electrical signal (or electricity for that matter) runs on the outer layer of conductor instead of the inner conductor due to the high frequency of the signal.

This is effect is known in radio and is part of the design. Ever wonder why antennas are hollow metal rods? Skin effect.

Thing is, I highly doubt any human being could detect a distortion in signal due to skin effect or that the signal would be better with a cable that mitigates against skin effect.... especially one costing over $7000 for 12ft of it. Pear Cable Audio Cables - Home Audio - Anjou Speaker Cable

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So the release of the iPhone 7....

Interesting to say the least. However not overly impressed.

I am however surrounded by iPhone users. Though they don't seem ready to buy one, they were however excited by it. I've come to the conclusion that some iPhone users live in a bubble. I've also concluded that the older that person is (depending on interest in technology as well) the more likely they are to be in that tech bubble exclusively and ignore everything else.

It's an interesting mentality to me. I just don't fall into that category and hope I never do. I love technology I just refuse to love tech companies and their products above all others. It's too easy to become blinded.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks.

After over nine years, tomorrow is my last day at the funny farm.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

About iPhone, I like the design and... that is about it. I don't hate it but I'm not excited, too much money for a phone of that class, 760? in Germany for basic one.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Great for you, I assume you have a new job lined up so hope you will be happier there than you were here.
Congrats mia :)

Thanks. Actually I have to work part time to finish my final year in graduate school.

It's just time to do something else.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I'll also add that I listen to vinyl on my turntable and stereo system at home (which I purchased back in 1985). So I probably have more experience with analog sound than many folks on this forum have been alive.
I agree with you Laura. My setup though purchased in 2006 is from the 70s and I love listening to vinyl, radio, tape and CD on it since the main receiver is a Technics unit from mid 70s.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Thanks. Actually I have to work part time to finish my final year in graduate school.

It's just time to do something else.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
Good luck. I'm sure you will land up at a better place where it will be "fun" to go to work in the true sense. The internal tagline for my first employer was "Make money and Have fun" and they abided by both the things very seriously.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

About iPhone, I like the design and... that is about it. I don't hate it but I'm not excited, too much money for a phone of that class, 760? in Germany for basic one.
I bought a 6S yesterday to give my wife and will flip her 6. As I have stated earlier, I'm going to get the iPhone 7 through work in a few weeks.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I bought a 6S yesterday to give my wife and will flip her 6. As I have stated earlier, I'm going to get the iPhone 7 through work in a few weeks.
I signed up for a TMO promotion trade in iPhone 6 and upgrade to iPhone 7 for zero dollars. Let's see if that works out or not. Probably a better value than flipping the iPhone 6.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I skimmed the iPhone coverage. Here are my initial thoughts:

1) I see Apple has invented touch sensitive fingerprint scanner, stereo speakers, and water resistance.

2) Sony is so ****ed. They really made water resistance mainstream and failed to capitalize on this with a difficult to use camera.

3) Smart move by Apple to start to wean people off the physical home key.

4) Love the US pricing. That 32GB model will sell. Apple always made their money off base model sales. For $700, this slays Sony and the HTC 10 easily.

5) Like the design.

6) Samsung needs to sort out the Note 7 recall ASAP. A very interesting choice exists between the bigger iPhone and the S7 Edge.

7) This is the end of 3.5mm jacks for sure. Unless it's a budget handset, we won't see much 3.5mm by 2018.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786