WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

The sound quality will depend on the DAC of the USB headphones.

The only advantage here is the that the phone manufacturer doesn't need to put a DAC in the phone and relies on the headphone manufacturer to do it instead.

Which one is better depends on what you're willing to pay for.

We listened to a setup with an iPhone docked to a high end DAC. We were all surprised at the quality, or lack thereof.

We discovered the audio files were 128Kb :)

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Getting up when it's still dark sucks.

I kind of liked it... At one point I was doing contract work and could work whenever I wanted, just needed to hit my deadlines... anyhow, I'd start working around 12AM or 1AM and wouldn't go to sleep till the sun started to come up :)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Morning folks. I'm already starting to feel the emotions of the day creep in and I haven't gotten to work yet...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Way too early Good morning from me. This is what happens when you order a fruit stand device for the significant other. I am going back to bed now.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Morning folks. I'm already starting to feel the emotions of the day creep in and I haven't gotten to work yet...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5

9 Years is a long time at any place. It's only understandable to feel various feelings.

The longest I stayed anywhere was 11 years. My first full time job. When I left it to move to Australia I was in a different state of mind. Sure there were people I was going to miss to an extent but the main thing that happened for me was the feeling of relief. The place had been very toxic for me that whole time and it felt like a weight had been lifted. I was probably more happy than I should have been. :p

At the moment I've been at this place for four years. Second longest time I've stayed at a company. When I go to leave it in 2-5 years (that's the plan anyway) I will probably feel a bit different because I won't just be leaving this company but the industry as well. Saying that, I'll probably still celebrate it!

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Uggg, woke up around 1:30 last night and couldn't get back to sleep for around 2 hours. Now I am seriously lagging at work. On the bright side. I have plenty of coffee stocked up at my desk.

Oh, and to try and stay on topic in an off-topic thread, Longest I've stayed at a job is 9 years, which happens to be where I am currently.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I can't find it now, but the other day I saw a picture that had a Monty Python reference, something along the lines of...

It's 2016 and suddenly strange women, lying in ponds, distributing swords is starting to look like a very good system of government.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

9 Years is a long time at any place. It's only understandable to feel various feelings.

The longest I stayed anywhere was 11 years. My first full time job. When I left it to move to Australia I was in a different state of mind. Sure there were people I was going to miss to an extent but the main thing that happened for me was the feeling of relief. The place had been very toxic for me that whole time and it felt like a weight had been lifted. I was probably more happy than I should have been. :p

At the moment I've been at this place for four years. Second longest time I've stayed at a company. When I go to leave it in 2-5 years (that's the plan anyway) I will probably feel a bit different because I won't just be leaving this company but the industry as well. Saying that, I'll probably still celebrate it!

Longest I stayed at a job was just under 8 years - my first job out of graduate school here in the USA. It was great, loved the work, the people, the town, the house - we still own it. But my career growth stalled a bit and town was too small for wife to get a job so we moved. A little over 5 years at the next place - absolute disaster, couldn't be happier to skip town, plus the kid was miserable with the weather there, couldn't go out before 8PM, not fun for a 1 year old. Very happy at the 3rd place now where I have now spent a little over 5 years. Next move hasn't fully crystallized yet....

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I'm in this club with Laura. I'm 47, and have played with and experimented with all kinds of analog audio ever since I figured out how to take things apart. I think I was 8 or 9 years old when I disassembled my first radio and wired extra speakers into it. I was fascinated by how speakers worked! I remember my mom even buying me one of those "build your own radio" project kits from Radio Shack when I was like 12. It wasn't long after that when I discovered the electric guitar and amplifiers! Piles and piles of audio cables, RCA connectors, adapters, jacks, mixers, etc etc soon began to clutter my bedroom. You'd have to climb over this stuff just to walk in my room lol... This was waaaaay before the digital age.

And I still have my circa '80's turntable and my entire collection of about 2000 vinyl LPs as well.

Why am I posting all of this? IDFK.. Just saying, no matter what tech the big companies like Apple, Google, or MSFT decide they want us to use for our audio listening, I'll have no problem with figuring out what to use that works best for me, and the artists and producers that I choose to listen to will sound fantastic!
I'll add that many of the albums I have from 70s/80s bands recorded on analog equipment and released on vinyl were produced by members of the bands. I trust that those guys knew exactly how they wanted their albums to sound.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I kind of liked it... At one point I was doing contract work and could work whenever I wanted, just needed to hit my deadlines... anyhow, I'd start working around 12AM or 1AM and wouldn't go to sleep till the sun started to come up :)
Same here I always liked getting up when its dark. The sunlight is boring

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Longest I stayed was 28 years :|

I don't think I could make it that long at one place... I eventually start getting bored with daily routine and need a change of pace... I'm about at that point now with my current job 😰

Sent from mTalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos