WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Wouldn't that be orientation?

Yeah, they called it orientation where I went... Was a little funny, but when I first went to SAC (San Antonio College) during part of the orientation, they had a slide of famous people that had gone to SAC... OJ Simpson was on the list... this was back in 1994, shortly after his wife was found dead and the infamous white Bronco chase had already happened. They either hadn't thought to remove his name or figured he wasn't officially found to be guilty and left it there. In any event, the auditorium erupted in laughter at that point.

Edit: Interesting, but I can't find anywhere that mentions O.J. attended SAC... unless it was a different O.J. and not the "Juice", but I can't think of any other famous OJ Simpsons either. Unless the sites just don't give credit for community college attendance?

Last edited:

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, they called it orientation where I went... Was a little funny, but when I first went to SAC (San Antonio College) during part of the orientation, they had a slide of famous people that had gone to SAC... OJ Simpson was on the list... this was back in 1994, shortly after his wife was found dead and the infamous white Bronco chase had already happened. They either hadn't thought to remove his name or figured he wasn't officially found to be guilty and left it there. In any event, the auditorium erupted in laughter at that point.

Edit: Interesting, but I can't find anywhere that mentions O.J. attended SAC... unless it was a different O.J. and not the "Juice", but I can't think of any other famous OJ Simpsons either. Unless the sites just don't give credit for community college attendance?
In the college I went ,they have posters and picture of aarron Rogers because he play football here.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Oh ok, it's not the same. We do maths exercises. Getting to know each other will be probably next week with partys and stuff :)

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

So I asked Samsung girl and we talked for a long time.in the end the conclusion was that she's not ready for a relationship.she did say she enjoys talking with me and she can be her herself around me. So yeah that's what happened

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Looks like At work there is going to be a change in managers. The current one is leaving back to his hometown and here where I work I am going to get a new one. I hope this manager is a great one

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

So what song do you think has heavier bass that will blow speakers: "Into the Void" by Black Sabbath" or "The Barbarian" by ELP?

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

So I asked Samsung girl and we talked for a long time.in the end the conclusion was that she's not ready for a relationship.she did say she enjoys talking with me and she can be her herself around me. So yeah that's what happened
Thanks for the update.
And for being candid about the chat and with her.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well I guess that's another strike for me.......

At least you got it sorted.

Don't see it as a strike so much as a learning experience with the result being:

If you like someone, don't stall otherwise you'll have more experiences like this.

Keep in mind - courting is when you're actually dating someone, it's not building a friendship with them first and than courting. Doesn't work that way and usually ends up messy. You now have a good example of that.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Unfortunately if she said those two things that's major 'friend zone' words.

Also keep this in mind (I apologise for being blunt):

She says - "I'm not ready for a relationship" - translation - I don't want to be a relationship with you but this is a nice way of saying it. Don't be overly surprised if she's dating someone sooner than you think 'ready' is.

She says - "I enjoy talking with you and can be myself around you" - translation - I'll be affectionate around you but don't ever think it's anything more than being friendly. You're a good friend, thanks.

I'm putting it that way so you get the point. She's being nice but unfortunately using words like that can be misleading.

Nothing wrong with having girls as friends but there's nothing worse than being around someone you like and not have it reciprocated. That's why we all were trying to get you to get on with it. Taking too long to get to this point can be the deal breaker. She only saw you as a friend because that's how you presented yourself. Next time just ask someone out, don't mess about if you like them.

Hopefully you see that and learn from it. No one here wants you to stop being a nice guy but you need to learn to take advantage of situations when they're presented. Be more aware and whatever you do, don't drag your feet.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Going to bed. Just got done reading the transcript of the first debate with live fact checking via NPR. Caught up with what general public is saying on Twitter and then read updates from my two favorite conservative commentators. I'll catch up on the commentary on the liberal side tomorrow morning.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I never knew what happened to him at the end. I was watching that show on Fox, but missed all thr last episodes

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

This is a one heck of a boring week. Just two weeks into it, and I can already feel I'm gonna drown in my boredom.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I'm not really a fan of winter, but I just can't wait to fire up that fireplace. Or go to our weekend house with friends and have a home made goulash.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm not really a fan of winter, but I just can't wait to fire up that fireplace. Or go to our weekend house with friends and have a home made goulash.

I'm not a fan of winter either. I had many years of it and I'm glad the UK isn't that bad during the winter.

There are some things that were nice about it but I can live without those if I have to. :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte